WHAT AM I DOING WRONG???!!!!!

yummymummy1972

I only lost 2 pounds last week even though I didnt cheat, and with only 3 days to go to my next weigh in I've only lost a pound!!!!!! :cry: I havent cheated once so what am I doing wrong? Everyone else is losing atleast 3-4 pounds every week, and I feel like I might as well be doing weight watchers or something if Im only going to lose 1 or 2 pounds each week :(

I only lost 2 pounds last week even though I didnt cheat, and with only 3 days to go to my next weigh in I've only lost a pound!!!!!! :cry: I havent cheated once so what am I doing wrong? Everyone else is losing atleast 3-4 pounds every week, and I feel like I might as well be doing weight watchers or something if Im only going to lose 1 or 2 pounds each week :(

Hiya, are you on SS or one of the higher plans? I wouldn't worry too much, to be honest. Have you checked to see if you've lost inches rather than weight? How long have you been on CD, if you don't mind me asking? It may be that your metabolism just needs a kick by adding a meal week or something. I would wait and see till you get weighed, and if you're concerned have a chat to your CDC, who will be able to suggest something for you. Don't give up, Hon. As long as you're 100%, you will lose the weight.
Good luck. :)

How much water are you drinking? When I was on SS last time, I worked out that if I drink 2 litres of water a day I really struggled to lose weight, and I actually put on significant amounts 2 weeks, despite not cheating at all.

I am now drinking 4 litres throughout the day - and I have had good weight loss so far. Apparently my cdc told me my body may be more sensitive to the ketones - hence I need the increased water just to lose weight. Very hard for me, as I don't usually drink much of anything during a day. I have planned water in like my meals though and I am starting to find it easier.

Hi guys, thanks for the replies...I'm on sole source and I drink 2 litres a day :sigh: I'm feeling really demoralised today and just want to eat.

you really do need to drink more , 2 litres just isnt enough I am afraid ! see it as 'washing the fat away ' !!! If you dont drink enough your body will 'hold onto ' the water instead of getting rid of it .
If you stick to it and drink 3-4 litres you will loose weight , and in the next 3 days you could loose another 2-3 lb so dont worry .

agree with the others on drinking water - and seeing it has reminded me why my losses might have slowed down (off to get a drink!). I've seen somewhere that the average loss on CD is 1 stone a month - which you are definitely on track for. You are 12lbs down already which is a great loss - my CDC always tells me to look at the total lost not the week by week.

Don't give up and eat - we are all here to help! Drink double the amount of water for the next 4 days and see what happens. Good luck

I agree with Setas.. it's so easy to get fixated on the weekly numbers... before we all started CD a stone a month looked fantastic as a loss but now we are in the plan we can get very hard on our selves and expect more than may be physically possible. Just trust the plan, drink the water and take your measurements weekly and you will get there. It may also be a good idea to stop weighing yourself between your weekly weigh-ins to avoid demoralising yourself like this.

hi hun im with you on this one as you know i only lost 2lb this week, gutted, but will follow the advise on here and up my water and see what happens, let us know how you get on with your next weigh in, we will get there xx

Um... :confused:

But you are losing 3-4 pounds a week. You've lost 12 pounds in 3 weeks. I make that 4 pounds a week.

A smaller loss in week 3 is very very common. And equally common is the phenomenon of the scales not moving for several days at a time, then dropping by 2 pounds overnight. Honestly - I kid you not.

With 3 days to go until weigh in, there's plenty of time for the scales to drop.

You aren't doing anything wrong. You're doing everything right. :)

Yes, you could probably up your water intake a bit - but other than that, you're doing fine.

hiya

water is one of the most difficult things to balance on this diet. there's the 'you must drink 2 litres/ 4pints a day' rule and then there's your own rule. i find that if i drink 2 litres plus my coffees and extra in my shakes i'm fine. if i drink a lot more or less than that i retain water, this is especially true when i exercise.

you must find your own water levels, ones that work for you. you're finding that your 2 litres are not quite working so you must try to drink more. water helps your body rid your body of water. so if your body thinks it's not getting enough water then it will retain it causing lower weight loss.

Is 75cl bottles x 3 enough, or is that not enough for me as that's what I drink?
They are big bottles of evian - so must be about 2.25 litres a day?

The easiest way to judge whether you are properly hydrated is by the colour of your urine. A hydrated body produces pale straw coloured urine, anything darker means that you could do with more water.

Is 75cl bottles x 3 enough, or is that not enough for me as that's what I drink?
They are big bottles of evian - so must be about 2.25 litres a day?

75cl is 750ml so 3 is 2.25ml.

Keep it up hun!! you will do it, like the others said up the water intake....really should listen to my own advice, really struggled yesterday!! BUT WE WILL GET THERE!! xx

Back