What am I doing wrong??

katsparkle

Hi all - I have been on this diet for around 6-8 weeks and I havent fallen off the wagon even once/ I have a ****load of weight to lose. I havent lost a single pound in the last 3 weeks. I am not going to group but i have all the books and I do have some people supporting me online - although they fall off the wagon almost constantly.
I am trying to eat loads of speed foods at the moment, i would say the majority of what I eat is speed food. I will post what I ate yesterday - which is pretty typical of what I am eating at the moment. If anyone can see where I am going wrong I would appreciate some advice.

Breakfast : 2 slices nimble wholemeal toast (HEB) covered in rocket, bacon with all the fat cut off, 2 poached eggs. 2 oranges.
snack: Muller light 450g greek style coconut and vanilla yoghurt (2 syns)
Lunch: poached salmon (no skin) half a plate of rocket and tomato salad with lentil sprouts and balsamic vinegar (2 syns) - sweet potato fries (with frylight in oven) - 2 oranges
snack: onken 0% fat free vanilla yoghurt - 2 oranges.
Dinner: 5% pork mince with noodles carrots and pak choi (recipe from SW magazine) 1/2 syn per portion. 2 oranges. 1 apple.
yesterday I had 5 drumsticks squashies but they come in at 2.5 syns for 14g so at most I had 5 syns there. That was the first time I have had any 'sweets' since I started.

I drink roughly 3 pints water/no sugar squash a day. I dont drink any tea or coffee - i MIGHT have a diet coke every now and again - occasionally I will have apple or melon or another fruit. I dont have bananas or grapes. I really like oranges and i assume because they are speed foods I can eat as many as i want - am i wrong?

My job requires me to be sitting a lot so I'm not getting out much at the moment. but even without that my calorie intake is at least half what it used to be, if not more. I am very careful about what I am eating.

the day before yesterday was similar but I had roast chicken for dinner (no skin)- half of my plate was brocolli, peas. sugar snap peas. About 1/6 of my plate was wild rice.

Hi there. Welcome along. As a rule of thumb a third of our food should be speed food. That said, no food is a free for all. 8 oranges in one day is alot. I would probably eat 8 a week. Although they are speed and healthy, everything we eat should be in moderation. 8 oranges equates to 376kcal. What you are eating seems absolutely spot on plan. I would be careful on the yoghurts too, until you work out what works for you and what stalls you, as i know alot are free, but they can often hold people back. I would have 1 a day max, and maybe not every day either. Keep up with your fluids, you're doing fine there. Hope your losses kick start soon, you're pretty much on track. Good luck, Claire x

Hi there. Welcome along. As a rule of thumb a third of our food should be speed food. That said, no food is a free for all. 8 oranges in one day is alot. I would probably eat 8 a week. Although they are speed and healthy, everything we eat should be in moderation. 8 oranges equates to 376kcal. What you are eating seems absolutely spot on plan. I would be careful on the yoghurts too, until you work out what works for you and what stalls you, as i know alot are free, but they can often hold people back. I would have 1 a day max, and maybe not every day either. Keep up with your fluids, you're doing fine there. Hope your losses kick start soon, you're pretty much on track. Good luck, Claire x

Hi - Thank you - I just assumed that the more speed food I eat then the better. I will cut back on them.

I did cut out oranges for a few days but it made no difference. The yoghurts are a recent addition.

I think i am just trying to reach for speed food or free food instead of going off plan.

Congratulations on your amazing weight loss - how inspiring!

Hey I agree with TRISTAR. I follow calorie counting and it shocked me how many calories were in some fruits like oranges, apples, bananas etc x

Fruit is full of sugar and can definitely be over-consumed. Generally what you're eating looks good so the only thing I can suggest is maybe cutting portion sizes down a little and just having a little less food on your plate at mealtimes.

I tried a speed week and I only lost a pound. I think as people as said before its about finding things that work for you. Although SW you can eat loads it should be done in moderation. After all, you can get up in the middle of the night and eat a whole roast chicken but i wouldn't say that was normal eating

I use an app called my fitness pal, it works out calories, even if it's not something you're interested in doing full-time, I'd recommend doing it for a week, you will then figure out what a normal portion size should be, speed protein SP day, half plate protein, half speed, not extra on the side like fruit, I'm afraid you may possibly be having twice if not more the recommended calorie intake, that's just to maintain, I'm calorie counting, eating 1200 calories a day, it really opens your eyes, if you stick with it, you will lose. Lots of luck 🤞

Back