What am I doing....

missk

wrong? Classic story went to sw years ago, lost nearly 4 stone, put weight back on plus more, so I started doing sw on the 1st of September again and as I have about 5 stone to lose I decided to start exercising more to keep toned as I lost weight. I have been swimming 3/4 days a week for 30/40 mins each time, walked to the pool which is a 30 mins brisk walk in total and walk to work which is an hours brisk walk in total twice a week. Although I lost 4lb in the first week I haven't lost anything weight wise since, also my bust/waist/hips measurement haven't changed either. I first time I did sw the weight seemed to fall off weekly, but this time zilch, nothing, its staying put and I could rip my hair out and scream, but realise it will be only the weight of my hair I'd be losing, grams more than lbs probably. I'm so confused.

too much exercise?? i lose f*all when i exercise, esp if i go to the gym- i end up paying not too loose weight!

post your food diary so we can see xxxxxxxxxxx

do you have a food diary??
perhaps if you could post a food diary in that section then we could all take a look and check that out for you and make suggestions.

do you go to a class??

Oh dear how frustrating.

DO you go to a class? If so have you shown your consultant your food diary? Or do you post your diary on here maybe someone can spot something you could change.

Your muscles do hold onto a little water when you first increase exercise but that should settle quickly (do not listen if anyone says it is muscle it takes ages to build enough muscle to effect your weight)

Don't give up !

Thanks, no stopped going to class as I wasn't losing weight and decided to spend the money on swimming and just buying the mag.
Food wise,
B - 2 weetabix - lacto free milk, small glass orange Tropicana,
L - Home made butternut squash/carrot soup. 2 slices of nimble, 400g loaf, with chicken/ham or tuna with salad, ww or muller light yog.
D - Chicken is a favorite with salad or veg. sw spag bol, things like that. Dont eat much in the way of potato in the evening as i find carbs bloat me. Dont buy ready meals.

hmm see i would have carried on going to class,doing a detailed food diary and making sure my consultant looked at it and checked everything out.
also getting the up to date information,any changes etc.

what plan do you follow?? if its ee then you need to be making sure you are eating your 1/3 superfree.
do you snack?? because to me thats not a lot of food really so it could be that you arent eating enough.
do you make sure you are accurate with your heb and hea?? some people are slow losers anyway....if this happens to be you then obviously very small things can make a huge difference!

The obvious things i am seeing is you are not having 1/3 of superfree foods at breakfast. Could you add some fruit and get rid of the orange juice as it amounts to a lot of syns very quickly.

Do you use your syns on anything besides your orange juice? Most people lose best using their syns.

Teresa

Do you eat the same every day? Not only would I find that really boring, I've known people at my group who do that and their losses also stopped.

I think you might not be eating enough - I know on SW we don't count cal, but it is a calorie restricted diet because otherwise we wouldn't lose weight. However, unless your goal weight is totally unrealistic, you have a reasonable amount of weight to lose, and you are doing a fair bit of exercise, but if you count up your calories for the day, you are probably having around 1,000 ish. That is nowhere near enough, and your body is probably trying to hang on to everything.

I don't know what you would have eaten pre SW, but 2 weetabix, soup, 2 slices of low cal bread, salad, a piece of chicken, a yogurt and some fruit over the course of a day sounds far too much like diet food to me!

I know it goes against the grain, but try and eat more (the temptation when we stop losing is to keep cutting back, but I think that's where the problem is). Try and forget the "must eat diet food" thinking and eat more free foods, and use your syns and you might then find the weight starts to shift.

Thanks all,
lurverick, It was more the consultant gave up doing sw, and when i found another local group to go to the c there was only standing in as she had her own group else where, so she really wasn't overly intrested as 2 groups in a day were "a bit much for her." I am just using my books i brought from class and the monthly mags

I will defo be knocking the orange juice on he head after watching that program FOOD the other night regarding the sugar content.

I tend to have soup and a sarnie each lunch cause they are quick to put together, i batch make the soup and keep a few days worth in the fridge. But as i dont tend to eat much in the way of carbs in the evening maybe i should have a jacket spud at lunchtime and vary things a bit. I'm not at all familiar with the EE plan, but i'll have a look through the posts and catch up.

The syns in orange juice really add up .

When are your books from? The new book really stresses the 1/3 superfree at each meal this is quite important to the losses on extra easy.

If you are doing extra easy then you cant have 2 HEB and 2 hea only one of each. But then if you are not having carbs at dinner then it seems like you do red most of the time accept on days when you have spag bol.

Why not go back to SW and see if they have replaced the consultant as they most likely will have.

Teresa

My directory and other books are from 2007, have checked about the consultant and its still the same. Maybe she has taken it on full time. Im not about to give up, its still early days yet. Im just confused as to why i lost weight so easily first time around, the only difference is i gave up smoking in between.

I don't think you are eating enough and not having syns?

mix up the mix a bit - eat all the food you are allowed - plus say 10 syns per day - eat every hour on the hour - so say 8am 1 weetabix and little milk - 9 am 1 weetabix with a muller over the top. 10 am apple and banana. 11 am - mullerlight. 12 noon meat/fish & loads of salad - little dressing - 1 pm apple/banana/orange. 2 pm 1 slice of toast with a one egg omelette or frylight egg. 3 pm 2 crispbreads with laughing cow cheese. 4 pm - more fruit that you didn;'t have earlier. 5 pm dinner - meat/fish veg little gravy or dressing. Exercising in between - I reckon your metabolism will be kicked into gear and the weight will drop off again.

Good luck

Gosh time2bslim, put like that I'm no where near what i should be eating. I need to remember it's a generous eating plan. Gonna go and rejoin class tomorrow, really get back into the swing of things and see how it goes.

I couldn't eat that many times either. I'm a breakfast lunch and dinner girl, with supper thrown in at 9 ish.
Probably joining a group will do you a world of good hun, more focus and group support.
Good luck! x

Me.................I can eat at ANY time of the day, hour, minute !:sigh:

:eek:

Back