What annoys you about your slimming world class

My C tells us she is doing really badly and not on plan at all which i find it a bit :S she is supposta be showing us how easy it is ect

well after the comments on their consultants size i do believe that is noones business but the consultant. as long as they look professional and are doing as they are meant to do, by motivating, running the group and taking an active part in helping people in their weight loss there shouldnt be a judgement on their size???. i think some people expect their consultant to perform miracles, its down to the actual individual wether they lose the weight and follow the plan.

nothing annoys me about my group, in fact i can't wait to get back to group once my hubby returns from his duties. and if something did annoy me then i would probably just try to find a different group or actually talk it through with my consultant :)

Welshtigger said:
I find that a bit disrespectful! The beauty with SW is that you chose your own target! Have you ever taken the time to consider she maybe happy like she is now!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Couldn't agree more hun. I'd have thought we are the last people who should be making judgements about peoples weight. People in glass houses and all that

kingleds said:
Couldn't agree more hun. I'd have thought we are the last people who should be making judgements about peoples weight. People in glass houses and all that

It really infuriated me when I read the post! Consultants are only human at the end of the day, and the person who wrote it said that her C had only lost 2 stone i think, well that's no mean feat and it drives me insane that people can be that rude!

Welshtigger said:
It really infuriated me when I read the post! Consultants are only human at the end of the day, and the person who wrote it said that her C had only lost 2 stone i think, well that's no mean feat and it drives me insane that people can be that rude!

Yup! I've lost 2 stone & my C is encouraging me to talk to the local team developer about becoming a consultant. I have said i want to be 2 st lighter before i do. At that point i will still be 2 st from target. Based on the comments on here maybe i should leave it till i am at target. At which point i will no doubt have to deal with all the.' you're not fat why are you here? ' comments.

I agree that the weight is no ones business but i do think they should not say how bad they are doing, maybe say well ive had a bad week but ive "drawn a line under it" and now im back on plan but ours says nearly every week she isnt on plan she is way above target is struggling to get back on plan

We get alot of new memebers every week so it must be dreadful sitting there about to join up only to hear the person who is supposta support you cant do it iykwim

~*~Louisa~*~ said:
I agree that the weight is no ones business but i do think they should not say how bad they are doing, maybe say well ive had a bad week but ive "drawn a line under it" and now im back on plan but ours says nearly every week she isnt on plan she is way above target is struggling to get back on plan

We get alot of new memebers every week so it must be dreadful sitting there about to join up only to hear the person who is supposta support you cant do it iykwim

I see what you're saying but at the end of the day, they have to be a certain weight as a minimum to be a consultant to start but as i said earlier, they are human!! You don't have to be able to do something yourself to be able to encourage and help others to do it! I used to work as a sales consultant for an multi-national company and my manger couldn't sell for toffee! But he was one of the best managers I've ever worked for :) so that proves it! Yes it would be nice if all consultants were size 8-10 and at target but we live in a real world! Rant over-for now!!!

If my C was a size 8-10 I wouldn't go, personally I like it that we're all in it together, I just wish I could hear everyone lol!!!!

I can understand why people would want the support of a c who can follow the plan but to judge so harshly on her size is a bit rough and obviously isn't going to go down very well with people who have/are struggled/struggling with their weight :eek:
I have lost 9 stone 1lb and could probably do with losing another stone or two BUT I don't intend to. I have chosen my target and it is set at losing only another lb and I have reasons for this. Fortunately on SW I am able to do this. I also hope that one day I will become a consultant, which I think I will be allowed to at the target weight I have set, though I won't be able to enter the woman of the year competition at that weight!?!?
I do expect to be judged by some and intend to say in my new member talks about though I may not be a weight others may strive to be I understand the plan etc and hope they can see that I am able to support and encourage them. Also I would hope that if I had a gain etc they would see that I was only human but if I kept struggling and fell completely off the wagon and gained lots of weight back on I'm not sure I would expect them to respect me in that role.
If I was learning to drive I probably wouldn't want an instructor that lost his license though may forgive a few points on the license??

sorry if i offened people i didnt intend to , i used to go to ww where the c was very strict on the plan and was a size 8-10 ... i am very happy with my class, once again apologies and i have removed the comment. just wondering to be a consultant do you have to have reached your goal

you have to be 1-2 stone off target i think to be a consultant, we had leaflets the other week

My consultant when i first started was brilliant and excellent at motivating everyone regardless of their size. She is still trying to get me back to her class now and if it wasnt for the mil i probably would. She was probably a size 16. My current leader is probably the same size as me and she has lost loads of weight to get there.

As someone who regularly gets told i dont have much to lose (actually im not far off obese is my answer!) i have to admit that i do worry about how sympathetic someone would be if they were bigger than i am if that makes sense. Im not saying ive ever experienced that from a leader but i do get it from other members 'oooh youre fine the size you are love'. I can see where people are coming from when they mention the size of the leader but i think you do have to given them a chance to see what they are like as a person and running group rather than judging a book by its cover.

I dont actually know if ive made much sense actually! Ramble over!!

If my C was a size 8-10 I wouldn't go, personally I like it that we're all in it together, I just wish I could hear everyone lol!!!!

God, I hope not, cause I am planning on attempting to become a consultant and as you can see I have lost almost 5stone. I am now a size 8 and I would hate to think that because I am, where I want to be that I would put people off.

I see what you're saying but at the end of the day, they have to be a certain weight as a minimum to be a consultant to start but as i said earlier, they are human!! You don't have to be able to do something yourself to be able to encourage and help others to do it! I used to work as a sales consultant for an multi-national company and my manger couldn't sell for toffee! But he was one of the best managers I've ever worked for :) so that proves it! Yes it would be nice if all consultants were size 8-10 and at target but we live in a real world! Rant over-for now!!!

I agree completely. You don't have to be amazing, you just have to bring out the best in others, to help them achieve.

I can understand why people would want the support of a c who can follow the plan but to judge so harshly on her size is a bit rough and obviously isn't going to go down very well with people who have/are struggled/struggling with their weight :eek:
I have lost 9 stone 1lb and could probably do with losing another stone or two BUT I don't intend to. I have chosen my target and it is set at losing only another lb and I have reasons for this. Fortunately on SW I am able to do this. I also hope that one day I will become a consultant, which I think I will be allowed to at the target weight I have set, though I won't be able to enter the woman of the year competition at that weight!?!?
I do expect to be judged by some and intend to say in my new member talks about though I may not be a weight others may strive to be I understand the plan etc and hope they can see that I am able to support and encourage them. Also I would hope that if I had a gain etc they would see that I was only human but if I kept struggling and fell completely off the wagon and gained lots of weight back on I'm not sure I would expect them to respect me in that role.
If I was learning to drive I probably wouldn't want an instructor that lost his license though may forgive a few points on the license??

I agree again. And as I said already Emsie, I think you would make an amazing consultant. I think there is something to be said for having a consultant who has been there, and fallen off too, to show that you can get back on. IYKWIM

My consultant when i first started was brilliant and excellent at motivating everyone regardless of their size. She is still trying to get me back to her class now and if it wasnt for the mil i probably would. She was probably a size 16. My current leader is probably the same size as me and she has lost loads of weight to get there.

As someone who regularly gets told i dont have much to lose (actually im not far off obese is my answer!) i have to admit that i do worry about how sympathetic someone would be if they were bigger than i am if that makes sense. Im not saying ive ever experienced that from a leader but i do get it from other members 'oooh youre fine the size you are love'. I can see where people are coming from when they mention the size of the leader but i think you do have to given them a chance to see what they are like as a person and running group rather than judging a book by its cover.

I dont actually know if ive made much sense actually! Ramble over!!

Agreed!
Though, I hate that. When people say "what's she doing here" about me, then again I'm a bolshy wee sod so I get out my big photo and tell them that THIS is what slimming world can do in less than one year if you actually stick to it. LOL

I'm amazed at how many people are unhappy with their consultants and/or how the group they attend is run. I guess I'm one of the few lucky ones cos I love attending group. Our consultant doesn't go around everyone discussing their progress every week - maybe only once a month - but she will ask who's had a good week, who's had a bad week and "do you want to discuss it?" so its up to the individual to share their successes or ask for advice if they want to. The group is very open and everyone contributes with their tips and advice, we have regular taster sessions where people not only bring in food but they print out copies of the recipes for others to take so they can try it. We regularly have talks about topical subjects for example, how to survive all the recent bank holiday celebrations and try to stay on plan. Again, everyone chips in with their comments. Occasionally people start talking amongst themselves but our C will politely/jokingly ask them to wait until the end of her talk. She rarely "pushes" SW products onto us but will simply tell us about any new books that are out and leave a copy around for us to look at. All the food products are on a table at the back of the room. She regularly talks to the target members about how they're getting on. New member talks are done during weigh and pay - occasionally if there are a lot of new members she will cut her group talk short cos we only have the room for an allocated time. Our C runs 2 groups and she informs us that her other group doesn't interact half as much as we do - so basically its just how someone else said, if you feel you're not getting anything out of the group, can you honestly say you're contributing all you could yourself? There's nothing wrong with you asking the group for ideas - you never know, it may spur on the consultant that doesn't make group interesting.

Our C also (against her job rules, I believe) regularly shares with us her triumphs and struggles with her own weight loss journey - she'll share her tips and ask for advice when she's struggling. She's no different from us really and I think that's what makes our group a pleasure to attend, cos she lets us know that SW will never be a quick fix, its a plan for life.

One last point - our C lives fairly close to the county border so she attends a class as a paying member in the next county and no-one (not even the group consultant) knows that she runs 2 groups herself. This is because at her old group everyone knew she was a consultant and she always felt that put her at a disadvantage and "judged" her (for want of a better word). I never really understood what she meant but after reading some of the comments on here about consultants then I fully sympathise with her cos when all is said and done, we are all attending to achieve the same thing - to lose weight.

My advise to anyone not happy with their group and/or consultant - try to input something to make group better and if you really can't - then find another group.

There are probably rules on this forum about religious utterances, so let me make it clear that I am quoting Bob Marley - "Judge Not". (It's the same message, anyway, although the language is a bit different.)

My consultant used to be the size of a large house. Now she is the size of a small bungalow. We all love her anyway, and always have. And she has a personality that is the size of a large castle!!

farmer me said:
sorry if i offened people i didnt intend to , i used to go to ww where the c was very strict on the plan and was a size 8-10 ... i am very happy with my class, once again apologies and i have removed the comment. just wondering to be a consultant do you have to have reached your goal

Don't apologise for having an opinion! I don't agree you - but you have the right to voice it just as much as i have the right to disagree. You also aren't the only one who voiced it so it seems its not an uncommon view.

I love my consultant. She has struggled with her weight for yrs & i have seen her shrink like me since i started. I like the fact she understands how tough it can be, and is a realist about the whole thing. She actively encourages us to join in & has a no of target members who come most weeks.

I'm really sad that so many people don't like their groups.

When my C was encouraging people to be a C themselves she did say that you should think about it seriously and be happy where you are as she said that lots of new C's struggle themselves as they are putting so much effort into their members that it goes to pot for them.

I have to say I'm quite happy with my group. Our C is really jolly and seems to do her best for all of us. She has great prizes for the raffle every week, I won a mini bbq a few weeks ago :D

For those who don't like having to wait around until the new member's talk is over, can I just ask one thing? Would it really make a difference if it was left til the end? We would still be sitting around waiting for everyone to weigh in as the C can't start until the last person is weighed as she has to get the card for her pda thingy. Our C seems to have it timed perfectly and usually starts chatting and welcoming everybody just as the last few are getting weighed!

Back