What annoys you about your slimming world class

there are a few things that annoy me, all things that have already been mentioned but heres mine:

- hardly anyone stays yet it still takes an hour n half. the new member talk is at the beginning so we're sat around ages waiting to start.

-almost every other week she has an excuse as to why she forgot the raffle prize, and then when she does remember its hardly worth the 50p it costs to buy the ticket (last one was 2 packs of super noodles)

- she has no books out to look at, shes got them at home, just can't be arsed to bring them into group.

- the slimmer of the week basket is poor, i won last week, it was an orange, a banana and the squeezy oxo that i put in!

- i dont think shes completely upto date with a lot of the syns etc. nothing drastic but eg. i heard her tell someone last week that all the smash varieties are syn free when im sure some aren't. but then ive only been at this group a few weeks so i feel rude correcting her.

- the parking is a nightmare!!

image therapy is exactly the same every week, so far anyway, my old consultant used to mix it up a bit with litlle quizzes or a particular topic/question to ask everyone.

ok, rant over lol

arual said:
there are a few things that annoy me, all things that have already been mentioned but heres mine:

- hardly anyone stays yet it still takes an hour n half. the new member talk is at the beginning so we're sat around ages waiting to start.

-almost every other week she has an excuse as to why she forgot the raffle prize, and then when she does remember its hardly worth the 50p it costs to buy the ticket (last one was 2 packs of super noodles)

- she has no books out to look at, shes got them at home, just can't be arsed to bring them into group.

- the slimmer of the week basket is poor, i won last week, it was an orange, a banana and the squeezy oxo that i put in!

- i dont think shes completely upto date with a lot of the syns etc. nothing drastic but eg. i heard her tell someone last week that all the smash varieties are syn free when im sure some aren't. but then ive only been at this group a few weeks so i feel rude correcting her.

- the parking is a nightmare!!

image therapy is exactly the same every week, so far anyway, my old consultant used to mix it up a bit with litlle quizzes or a particular topic/question to ask everyone.

ok, rant over lol

If I hated my group that much I'd move to another one!!! Why pay £5 a week for something you obviously don't enjoy going to? Go to the slimming world website and type in your postcode and it'll give you all the classes in your area, try another class and see how you like it and if you'd prefer it then stay there :)

Sent from my iPad

Last edited:
i never said i hated it. they're just the niggly things that annoy me a bit. i actually moved to this group as its a daytime one, and on a day when my little boy is at nursery, so i can stay to group.

if asked, i could write a much longer list of the things i like about it, but thats not the point of the thread.

Last nights group-
People spoke about stuff all the way through other peoples image therapy,

That sort of rudeness really gets on my nerves! I teach Year 1 and the 5 year olds in my class would know not to do that!!

AmyS said:
My only complaint with my class is that the long standing members do not seem to lose weight!!

In my first week I remember one lady got her 2st and 2 1/2st awards in the same week! Really motivating but by last night (9 months on) she has now only lost 1st 1/2 a lb!

There are several others who have been there for years who also hardly lose.

Makes me worried that I will reach a point where I stop losing and my C will not offer me any kind of support!

We also have a couple of kids start recently (11 and 13) and they are really annoying! There are some little ones who come in with their mums but they are generally well behaved or play quietly. However these two shout over everyone, interupt conversations when our C is talking privately to someone and don't let their poor nan get a word in edgeways!

Seem to have rambled a bit there!!

Anyway generally in terms of SOW, SOM, Raffle etc happy with my class!!

xx

This is mean I've been doing it for about two years now and for 8 months or so I have not lost weight I'm rebelling at the moment and not being on plan 100% as I've convinced myself if I just eat healthy then go back on the plan again after a few weeks it will work again I think my body has got used to it!

Ok, every week this totally annoys me........... members talking while the consultant is talking (this is basic manners and really really gets on my nerves!).

My meeting is alright, we have a raffle, a chat and the usual. The issue I have is the raffle lady or "Lady Beige" as that is the colour she wears all the time. She is a target member, but the stink eye I get when I don't want to buy a raffle ticket is immense. She rolls her eyes at me and I get an uncontrollable urge to kick her in the shin. I reckon the energy I consume NOT to kick her burns crazy calories.

Feistyfluxy - Completely throw 'Lady Beige's' nose right out of joint... Get there before her and do the raffle yourself!!!!

Shirleen is right - WE pay for the priviledge of the support.. it is OUR group!!! If something isn't right - CHANGE IT!!!

If people talk over your consultant - SAY SOMETHING!!! I would favour something along the lines of "Oy! Gobby! Shut it!! I pay to hear the consultant, not your inane comments!!! You'll get your chance to talk when the consultant gets to you - and if they've already talked, they should at least have the courtesy to listen to other people!!!"

If your consultant isn't bringing in a raffle prize or books, contact SW head office and complain!! Ask them where you can get the books from, as your consultant never seems to have anything.... If the raffle prize is rubbish, don't buy a ticket!! (I never do if it's something to do with body magic - I wouldn't want to win!!)

As for people with children, why not ask if members of your group could bring in old books/toys to keep them entertained?

...now if I could only do something about the state of the parking....

I really like my group, it's really supportive, with people taking an interest in how everyone has done that week. My C is always ready to give advice and happy for others to contribute. We've recently split into two groups, so that is taking a bit of getting used to, but I'm so pleased I joined this one. we do SOTW and SOTM, body magic, a good raffle - I dont know of anything we miss out.

I feel my c doesn't care about new members. She's always going on and on about her target members (she has the highest amount in the area) which is fab, and worth being proud about, but sometimes I feel shed be more than happy with JUST her target members. She never texts or emails during the week. She had laser eye surgery last week and I dropped her a text wishing her luck n blah blah blah n all I go back was thanks. Just one word. That's the only message iv ever received off her. Shell talk to the target members for ages during class, but unless you've had a big loss you've got no hope of her paying any attention to how your week has been.
It's the only class I can get to unfortunately or I would be moving.

laura4988 said:
I feel my c doesn't care about new members. She's always going on and on about her target members (she has the highest amount in the area) which is fab, and worth being proud about, but sometimes I feel shed be more than happy with JUST her target members. She never texts or emails during the week. She had laser eye surgery last week and I dropped her a text wishing her luck n blah blah blah n all I go back was thanks. Just one word. That's the only message iv ever received off her. Shell talk to the target members for ages during class, but unless you've had a big loss you've got no hope of her paying any attention to how your week has been.
It's the only class I can get to unfortunately or I would be moving.

Have you though about doing it online? I'd begrudge paying a consultant like that the subs tbh. Maybe your gp could weigh you once a week so you still get that 'weigh in' feeling?

I doubt she would prefer just having target members as they don't pay to go, but she should be spreading her time equally, contacting everyone outside of group time etc.

Iv tried doing it without the group before. Not only did I not lose weight but I put 1/2 stone on! Oops!

Plus I go to group with a friend too and I'd be leaving her to the mercy of all the target members! Lol

LOL!

I do think as a general rule we need to either vote with our feet and stop going, or stick around and try and change things. I'd be tempted to complain to head office about it if you are going to stay, or at thevery least complain to your consultant.

Our C is great! She has her talk to newcomers while the others are weighted, we have SOTW & SOTM and info sheets on the latest products, wrappings for any food that is new and the syn value, recipe books. etc......
Last week we made several groups of 8 people and then we had a competition where you had several envelopes where you picked one piece of paper with a item of food on it from your original green book. from these you made a three course meal, if you wanted to use anything else you could buy it but it cost you points from the start total of 1000.
This week we have to bring the recipes back to class with the finished recipe written out as if you were about to make it!
This was a good idea as it made you think what you remembered about the book from when you last read it!
We have a group of around 40 with at least 30 staying, we also have taster nights.
Every member has the C phone No and E-mail address and she will always reply even if she is on Holiday!

bilsat said:
Our C is great! She has her talk to newcomers while the others are weighted, we have SOTW & SOTM and info sheets on the latest products, wrappings for any food that is new and the syn value, recipe books. etc......
Last week we made several groups of 8 people and then we had a competition where you had several envelopes where you picked one piece of paper with a item of food on it from your original green book. from these you made a three course meal, if you wanted to use anything else you could buy it but it cost you points from the start total of 1000.
This week we have to bring the recipes back to class with the finished recipe written out as if you were about to make it!
This was a good idea as it made you think what you remembered about the book from when you last read it!
We have a group of around 40 with at least 30 staying, we also have taster nights.
Every member has the C phone No and E-mail address and she will always reply even if she is on Holiday!

That sounds like a great idea, I'd love to do something like that.

Can I just clarify though, did everyone in your group of 8 end up with the same ingredients? And all the other groups then had different items? And in each envelope was there like free foods in one envelope, superfree in another, HEA & HEB's in another?

Oooh I'm so excited, I want to do that.. Even better if instead of just the recipe you bought back the finished meal!

I have to admit, we only go to class these days and weigh in, not staying for the rest of class. I still go to weigh in though as I need the official weigh in to make me stick to plan. I have thought about doing it online but I’m still not convinced I would be as good at sticking to it if I didn’t have to physically turn up to weigh in and have it documented by someone else. I have also considered doing it on my own at home but, again, I’m not convinced I’d be good at sticking to it and I really do find it useful to have access to the Slimming World site and the syns database. I have also considered changing class and going to another one elsewhere but the days, times and travelling just don’t work well for us.

Our group members are really great, all very friendly and supportive. Alas, I personally don’t feel that our Consultant is. She has her favourites who she always makes time for, but the rest of us may as well not be there.

The first time we went we didn’t even get the new starters talk – we were just told to fill in our membership forms and then when ready join the queue to pay and get weighed. We were then handed our books and told that if we had any questions to ask her at the end of class. Our class starts at 6.30 and on that first evening we didn’t get out of there until nearly 9pm which I think is a little too long for people, most certainly us. Thankfully OH’s mum has been doing SW as well so we already knew some of the basics, but I still think it’s bad form not to do a new starters talk and we weren’t the only new members that night.

For Image Therapy, she simply goes around everyone stating their losses, etc. With her favourites then she’ll really labour the point and get them to explain how they’ve done it, etc. The rest of us she merely states our loss and moves on, or in my case misses me out altogether until other members have pulled her up on it. As for Body Magic, it doesn’t exist in our classes. To me there’s nothing motivational about Image Therapy – if she does anything other than just go around people, it’s just highlighting the recipes she likes in the magazine.

We get the stickies for our losses but no certificates, and although there are books spread out for people to look at, it always feels like it’s a bit of an afterthought. I have bought quite a few of the books now and sometimes it feels like you’re asking for the world when asking her to order you them. Most people turn up around 6.15ish ready for class to start. If she is ready before 6.30, very often she will sit there and gossip with a couple of people rather than starting the weighing process slightly early, which I know a lot of people would appreciate. It would also avoid the bottleneck of people queuing to weigh in at 6.30.

Our Consultant has been on holiday a couple of times since we started and we’ve had a covering Consultant and it’s like a completely different world. You get a smile when you walk in, the same when you pay, etc, and she’ll have a quick chat with you while you are waiting, without holding up everyone else. The room is laid out really professionally with the food products, books on a professional display rather than dumped on a table, etc. And, I know it may seem like a really trivial thing... tablecloths! Yep, as I said, really trivial, but just proves that she’s made an effort for the class rather than just dumping things on the rather manky looking tables provided by the venue!

OH is sometimes away with work and when he is I’ve tended to stay for class, but it’s not something I plan on doing from now onwards, it just feels like a waste of my evening.

When I hear of the way other classes are run that people on here attend, I get really jealous! It sometimes feel as though we are getting a lesser service even though we pay the same money. But hey ho, if paying my dues to get officially weighed keeps me on track with the plan then so be it, I’ll just have to grin and bear it.

I love my class, we've got everything including recipe sheets and a taster session every class!

The only thing that annoys me is that we have to wait around for about 40 minutes for my consultant to finish speaking to the newbies and for everyone to weigh in. I'm starving by then and just want to get home for my tea.

Back