what are carbs??

kellybelly

too hot to handle!!
ok so i hear i will have to let myself back onto carbs easily when finished this,,so what are they,,and are they the only thing i should avoid

Carbohydrates i.e bread, pasta, rice etc. You dont have to avoid them just dont overloads! I have carbs everyday and am fine. Some people find low carb works for them personally i find low fat works best for me xx

Carbs also come in different level / discription you have simple carbs and complex carbs...simple carbs are bad and raise blood sugar levels really high, then dip lower than before, which leaves you craving sweet things or bread etccc Complex carbs are found in things like fruit and veg and these brake down, more slowly which gives you the full feeling for longer.
if you have to have bread, pasta etc i would go for wholegrain, whole wheat
I will be doing a low carb low gi diet after doing this as i know my trigger food are bread cakes choc etc!!!

Can you tell i have been doing research lol :D

Carbs also come in different level / discription you have simple carbs and complex carbs...simple carbs are bad and raise blood sugar levels really high, then dip lower than before, which leaves you craving sweet things or bread etccc Complex carbs are found in things like fruit and veg and these brake down, more slowly which gives you the full feeling for longer.
if you have to have bread, pasta etc i would go for wholegrain, whole wheat
I will be doing a low carb low gi diet after doing this as i know my trigger food are bread cakes choc etc!!!

Can you tell i have been doing research lol :D

LOL. Its like reading the Atkins or GI book!! Naughty naughty carbs!!

LOL. Its like reading the Atkins or GI book!! Naughty naughty carbs!!
LOW GI HUNNI as much as i can alll day lol i have bought 6-7 books and i will read them all cover to cover xx

Its amazing how diets have changed over the years. It was always low fat, low fat, low fat...I'd never even heard of low carb diets until the last few years. Obviously low fat does work as Tracy is proof of that, but a lot of people are intolerent to carbs and I am one of them. My mum has dieted her whole life and struggled. I had a look in her fridge and her low fat yogurt had a HUGE amount of carbs from sugars. She has since started taking note of carbs and has lost 1 stone in three weeks....not even doing LT or CD.

Have to say ive not eve looked at the amount of carbs in any of my foods x

yup ...low fat means more sugar in hidden forms too like all their fancy words.... Your mum has done really well to do that on her own ...Go shaz's mum lol God i feel hyper tonight xx

no change there then lol x

so how do i know what works for me,,tracy knows low fat works,,how do i find out,,just get fat again

No because refeed doesnt allow you to overdose on carbs or fat so you just take it from there, introducing things slowly xx

so how do i know what works for me,,tracy knows low fat works,,how do i find out,,just get fat again
For me ...i just tried to look at what i ate whilst i was thin ...and i had ibs so was told to stay away from pasta, wheat etcc.... so for me now looking back i was on a low carb diet ate alot of chicken, salad veg fish and meat xxx i hope i am right
You could try both ways and see if you gain a little weight or not

Yeah trial and error probably hun! Refeed is low fat and low carb and i guess i have just stuck to that really and just slowly increased things until i found the right combination xx

ok,,thanks guys,,not that i will be eating for another few weeks,,was just curious,,

More info for you xxxx

question.gif

What are the differences between simple and complex carbohydrates, and which should be avoided on a low-carb diet? Do liquid carbohydrates count?

answer.gif

Many people are confused about the differences between simple and complex carbohydrates and many popular diet books seem to only make it more confusing.
Carbohydrates are one of three macronutrients in our diets that provide calories. The other two are protein and fat. Carbohydrates provide most of the energy needed in our daily lives, both for normal body functions such as heartbeat, breathing and digestion and for exercise such as cycling, walking and running.
Carbohydrates are considered simple or complex based upon their chemical structure and both types contain four calories per gram. Both are also digested into a blood sugar called glucose, which is then used to fuel our bodies for work or exercise.
In the past few years, simple carbohydrates have become known as the 'bad' carbs, while complex carbs seem to be designated as the 'good' ones. Although this is based on more hype than science, here are the reasons why:
  • Simple carbohydrates are digested quickly. Many simple carbohydrates contain refined sugars and few essential vitamins and minerals. Examples include fruits, fruit juice, milk, yoghurt, honey, molasses and sugar.
  • Complex carbohydrates take longer to digest and are usually packed with fibre, vitamins and minerals. Examples are vegetables, breads, cereals, legumes and pasta.
Most experts recommend that 50 to 60 per cent of the total calories in our diet come from carbohydrates. The bulk of the carbs we consume should be complex and most of the simple ones should come from fruits and milk or yoghurt, which also contain vitamins and minerals. Avoid getting the bulk of your carbs from refined foods high in sugar, since they are usually low in the nutrients we need to maintain health and energy levels.

nicki hun you are so well read,,

lol

My bum and legs are aching toooo now xxx

Back