What are people weight stories and what was the trigger that made you want it gone??

Whereabouts do you live Tinkerbellsmum?

long eaton hun u

Wollaton. Not far!!!

I've always been bigger all my life, but I got to a point last year where I was MASSIVE and I couldn't cope with it so I went down an ugly road of weight loss through diet pills and bulimia

Before I started Slimming World I'd lost a couple of stone through all this, but I still didn't feel happy, kind of a hollow victory, especially when it's hurting people your close to so much

My trigger and reason for doing this is probably my best friend Joe, he's the only person who knew about my eating disorder, and he's helped me through it, and seeing him and how upset he was on his Birthday when he heard me being sick made me think about how I couldn't keep going on like that

A few days later I joined Slimming World, and in 7 weigh ins I've lost a stone and a half, and I honestly haven't felt this happy in years, I'm still coping with my eating disorder but I'm getting better, I actually feel like slimming world is saving my life

Everyone is commenting not only on my weight loss but how you can tell I'm happier in myself, and how much more confident I am

A bit of a deep post but that's my story anyway!

Well done for turning things round. I know how slippery that slope to an eating disorder can be, and you've done really well to get even one foot off it. Congrats, and great weight loss. Amazing!

Wow what an emotional thread! Well done to all of you for getting to where you are now. [round of applause!!]

Me? well... to start off with I come from a family of 'larger' people. My gran was 25 stone when she died, the smallest I remember my dad being when I was a kiddie was about 18 stone. He got to about 28 stone at his largest. My mum has never been less than 12 stone, and both my brothers are up and down the scales anywhere between 13 stone and 18 stone and back again.

As a teenager I was a size 14 and basically went up from there. I got pregnant on the pill at 16 years old and thats when I put my first load of weight on. I lost some and got down to about 11 stone and then pregnant again, up went the scales. I eventually reached 21 and a half stone. This is about 12 years ago. I joined slimming world then for the first time and lost 9 stone. By this point everyone was telling me how good I looked, and that I didn't really want to be losing much more weight, although the scales said I should.. I stopped going to class.

In 2006 I got pregnant again (shock at 36 yrs old and my youngest at the time was 15 yrs old!) but when I had the baby I actually weighed less than when I got pregnant. I was soooo pleased. I could get in clothes I hadn't worn for a long time.

Complcency set in and a hubby who just munched continually put me back on the wrong track and up went the weight again. Nearly 3 stone in 3 years. The worst of it is that I had put almost all of the 9 stone I lost, back on. I was so gutted and absolutely horrified at myself for doing it.

I have a condition called Fibromyalgia (FM) which is similar to arthritis but it's in the muscles. I was diagnosed with it when I was slimmer after I'd lost the 9 stone, but the bigger I got the more I was affected by it. I went to see the dr one day when I could barely move because of the FM. It wasn't my usual dr, but he said (patting my arm.. grrr) with no disrespect, you are a still a young woman (I was 40 last July) but you are very overweight. You need to lose this weight before you are 50 or you are going to be stuck with it for the rest of your life. You have 10 years to shape the rest of your life. I went home angry and upset but he was right, but I wanted to ignore him. It obviously festered in my brain for a while subconsciously. I took my 3 yr old to her gymnastics class and had some time to kill. I went to Sainsbury's close by to get a magazine to read and it was really weird because as I walked to the mag section looking for a photography mag, all I could see was the slimming world mag. It sort of leapt out of the stand at me. I bought it, went and got a coffee and read it while waiting for my daughter. What's even more strange is that the first success story was about a lady who had lost a good deal of weight and she had fibromyalgia too. I decided there and then that I was joining SW in the morning, as I knew there was a class the next morning. And off I went. That was 7 weeks ago, I've now lost 1 stone 6 pounds and although I've got a long way to go still, I have to keep going because I just can't be this size for the rest of my life.

last year i wanted to share my story as to why i was on cd, i got my friend to type it for me as i found it hard to type it myself so i have copy and pasted it here

Hi Guys,

What stacey has to tell everyone is not something that is easy to talk about and I have offered to explain to you all to save her any unneccesary heartache after all she has been through. When I tell you about it, you will know what a brave, tough and soooo strong girl she is and ater all the advice she gives us im sure this is the time when she needs our support more than ever after she has got the courage to tell us her terrible experience. The terrible thing is that Stacey was raped 3 years ago gone valentines day at 16yrs old by a so called friend of hers from work, she was the wonderful girl she still is today and he took her virginity and attacked her with a knife cutting her throat, As if she hadnt been through enough 3 months later she discovered she was pregnant with a baby girl and although family and friends turned against her she decided she would give birth to her little girl and that if she couldnt cope she would think about adoption as she didnt believe in aborting when it wasnt the innocent babies fault. 7 months of hell followed as her family and friends abandonned her and people in the street calling her sl*g and glaring at her growing tum, the tough cookie she was and still is she started getting prepared alone for her babys arrival and at 7mths pregnant the worst day of her life happened when he followed her home from work and was shouting his mouth off that the baby was his and he wasnt gonna be locked up and she was gonna pay for going to the police. She was grabbed again and feared she would be raped again but when she felt a pain in her side she held her tummy and then was covered in blood and she had been stabbed. A passerby called an ambulance and she was taken to surgery to be stitched up and it was when she came around that they broke the news that she had lost her little girl Lily Ella. The following months were worse for stace and she was sectioned to a phsychiatric unit for 3 months after several attempted suicides. When she was discharged she wanted to hide how she was feelin so started going out 7 nights a week drinking and then takeaways followed by hangover food n ended up puttin all the weight on.

Im sure you all agree stacey needs us at this time when she has been so brave to open up, stacey is always here for us and posts on all of our posts for support and has been such a good friend, please give her the support she needs now to fight the ba*ta*d who done this to her and be the girl she used to be and can be again!

thanks guys, im in tears writing this and im sure we can all give stacey our strength to bounce back.

i hope this dosent upset anyone
xxx

:cry:I sat here at computer not knowing what to say, ive gone cold and wish i could come up there to give you a hug. I want to say so much but can't. I'm here as a friend!! I will help you every step of the way xxxx:gen126:

Stacey you are so brave letting your story be told. You are a lovely person who didn't deserve for this to happen to you. I am so sorry for your loss also. And if you neee to talk, we are all here to listen xxx

Oh God Stacey, am so sorry that happened to you and so brave to share. Big hugs

Hun, I'm so sorry for all that has happened to you.
You're so brave to share this with everyone. I know nothing I can say can make it better, but huge hugs xxx

WOW Stacey, you went through alot and have managed to come out the other side. I am sorry you went through all that pain and heartache. Well done for telling your story and good luck with your journey. ***Hugs*** x x x

My story isnt a major thing but its everything that led up to the turning point when i decided this time has to be it.
I come from a family of larger people on my mums side and as a family growing up we were quite poor, i have always been over weight and got bullied at school for it.
I got into a bad crowd when i was a teen and was drinking alot. I had a few bad relationships which made my self confidence low. I comfort eat when im down and it became a vicious circle. I managed to loose 3 stone on sw with the support of a collage tutor and life was looking up until somthing happened in my life which i cant talk about. I put all the weight back on plus more!

Anyway the reason that has me inspired this time is that i want a baby and to start a family but cant until i have lost some weight. I have had 1 try at ivf which failed because i didnt produce enough eggs. (probably because i was borderline the weight limit)
I have a very supportive partner now and we are doing this journey together!

Stacey - what a dreadful time you have had, you are clearly a very strong person to find yourself where you are now and be dealing with your weight issues.

All - well done for sharing your stories, not easy I know.
X

Wow what an amzing thread and my story is nothing like any here! Its boring!
My parents agreed to pay for my wedding but I never wanted to get married whilst big so in Jan I started diet and aint looked bk since! I havent been smaller that a size16 since I was about 17 so being that now is amazing....

I will be a skinny (ish) bride!

Stacey we are all here for ya and well done for coming thru this and you have so much to look fwd too! xxxxxx

Back