what are peoples views on size zero?

i understand what you mean but there have been many programs where they do surveys and ask men what they prefer and it always comes back the bigger girls, there was one on MTV at the weekend where they got all diffrent size men and women and the bigger ones come out top. its a stange world we live in, i still think they should have bigger size models if the average size in the uk is 16 then why not show us what it looks like on someone that size and not a barbie doll?

Gosh i couldnt imagine even being a size zero!!! :eek:

And to be quite honest, id rather stay at size 16 as i am now, than be a size 0!!! :eek:
Whatever happened to curves? I think (and alot of men would agree) that curvy women are soo much more sexy!

Kendra xxxxx

As far as I've been told a man likes something to hold onto..

Is that right Ice Moose??? As long as it isn't too much to hold onto...

lol I suppose so yes, at the end of the day if you can see someones ribs then they need to put on some weight!!

For me a size 14 looks about perfect or a BMI of about 24/25 (not 20!)

M.

i had a friend who was a size 6 and this girl ate everything she could get her hands on lol. she would have loved to gain weight but never could.

i dont think theres anything wrong with someone being naturally very thin. its who r people striving for it and making themselves ill for it that alarms me.

They do say that it's boys (and gay fashion designers) who like a woman to be skinny.

A man likes a woman to have curves.

Funny how so many people thought I was too skinny at size 10. They'd be calling an ambulance for me if I was ever daft enough to starve myself into a size zero!

BUT I still thought I was too fat at size 10. Daft, hey?

I blame the media!!

Both bad for health, my biggest gripe is its socially acceptable to be one but not the other.

Yet plus sizes are fairly easy to buy and size 6 and 4, nearly impossible. Interesting.

Hi all

I think there is way too much hype re size 'zero' To start with it is only in America that it is size zero we do not go by American sizes in this country so why are the press so preoccupied with size zero. Yes, because it sensationalises it! People think of the difference between an 'ideal' 10 say and zero and ofcourse that skews the perception as a 10 in US is a 6. It is terrible for people to wish to be this small size if they are not naturally tiny. People who are naturally that tiny are usually constantly trying to put on weight and wish they were bigger. Tiny sizes should be catered for though the same as large sizes, absolutely.

I believe that until all the hype over so called size 'zero' it wasn't an issue and if young girls are aspiring to it then that is due to the media.

It also depends on the height of the girl if she is a dinky 5ft or a lanky 6ft? Would make a huge difference to how appropriate it would be to be that small.

So my biggest problem with the debate is that size zero does not even exist in this country so the debate is very skewed. I think the debate is ridiculous and I'd like the press to shut up.

Dizzy x

Did anyone see that programme on TV about size 0 something to do with Mrs. Beckham.

A young journalist who was a healthy size 10-12 with a BMI of 21/22 wanted to slim down to a size 4 (US 0) to see what the hype was about. To cut a long story short, she got to a size 8 her BMI was 18/19 she looked like death warmed up with a candle and she was eating only 500 cals a day.

She saw a quack who told her she was 50% fat or something similar which frightened her, she even tried to get Posh to discuss it, but she didn't.

It was to try and get the woman in charge of London Fashion week to ban models with a BMI of 18 and below, the woman didn't want to know shows where her loyality lies (her pocket).

I was so angry at the end of the programme, Nicola Ricci was a size 0 and now because she felt so unhealthy got rid of the guru who made her this size.

My daughter is 5'8" and is still only 12 years old, her Dad is tall and comes from a large built family, my family are shortarsed and wide so really she hasn't got much hope of being a skinny thing, but she is always going on about how fat she is and that she should lose weight etc., I just tell her eat healthy and your body will let you know when you are at the correct weight, coz you won't get lower. But the crap she has to endure at school as a result. Well need I say more.

So basically what blasted hope do our kids have when we have so called responsible adults endorsing skinny waifs.
It makes me so Mad (now I am really angry). Big Breaths (yes and I am only sixteen) Sorry gone off on one.

xx

i agree the media should shut up, its not fair that people should feel forced tobe skinny if they are not naturally. it does my head in. i have a son and im sure when he is older it will still be going on and the worry is alot of young boys are also being brought into the anorexia society so its not just the girls now. whatdo these people think they are doing? they arent doing good thats for sure. Mamma kaz im not suprised your angry i am to

Dizzy-n-Mizzy, no i didnt see the program was working but really wanted to i did see the woman who slimmed down on This Morning and she said it made her feel ill and very unhealthy just makes you think why these girls and boys want to put themselves through it.

Yummy-Mummy you are so right, luckily my 15 year old son is comfortable and he is attracted to healthy girls but, where has the middle ground gone. We are constantly being deluged with "Zero too unhealthy, but OMG how good does Posh look" or at the other end "Its official UK has the highest rate of Obesity in Europe" talk about shock tactics. I don't bother reading the crap they put in the papers now, it is too easy to believe the BS.

Rant over!!!!
x

ive got quite few years till my boy hasgrown up(he is inly 15months) but i know it will still be the same when he is 15 or worse and thats what worries me!!! im sure he will learn from my mistakes. the other thing that drives me crazy is BMI my ideal weight for a healthy BMI is so low and i think i would look really ill if i were that weight. i got down to 1 1/2 stone above my ideal weight and still thought i was a bit to slim. i dont get it people shouldnt be told what weight they should be but to be healthy in them selves that is the most attractive thing about a person x x x

Yummy my BMI is 25 at 10st 10lbs, I know that if I go lower than this, I will be all skin and bone, I was down there for about 6 months in 1984 and my hubby hated it coz all my bones stuck out, so I am going to see when I get to 11 and half and if I am happy there I will stop, I have a large frame for my height so this is why I look so thin at that lower BMI.

good on you i think no one should be told what to do its our bodies so why should any doctor with god knows what qualifications tell us what to do. its up to us but there is no need to exploit it in every paper and all tv channels.

Hi

I'm 5'2" and BMI 20 - 25 for me is 7 stone 10 to 9 stone 10!!!!!!!!!!! I'm 11 stone 10 (11,10 today - was down to 10 stone 10 but then had a good Christmas!) and at both 10,10 and 12 I'm wearing size 12 (although obviously it looks slightly better with fewer lbs on!). I have a large frame but at my current weight I still am obese (just). I expect I'll be an 8 or a 10 by the time I finally get to that elusive 9 stone something...

i think it totaly depends on frame size and height but i still think the BMI for my height and frame is stupid. id have bones sticking out all over. and above all my hubby says if my bones start sticking out he will divorce me ha ha ha

Hi
I was about 10,10 in my avatar. Standard size 12 but still flabby thighs, bingo wings etc. Still needed to lose more and now even more... Stomach was fairly flat, which it isn't currently. I'm doing aqua aerobics twice a week which is probably helping me stay in my size 12s despite being so much fatter/heavier.

I think it depends - I don't think a size 8 is necessarily too small. It will be on some people, of course.

My younger sister is a size 8, and very fit, toned and healthy. She's not that tall (5 ft 4) and has a narrow frame, but still has C cup breasts and curves. It's just the way she's built.

Amy

Back