What are the "healthier" options when buying a chocolate bar?

goodbyeflab

I love fruit and veg. ;)
I was just wondering which chocolate bars contain fewer calories/sugar/fat/etc compared to... galaxy, dairy milk, aero for example. When it comes to the chocolate isle, I need to buy something!

I had a boots shapers one the other day and it was nice but not very chocolate-y, if you see what i mean.

Maltesers are only 187 calories, i think.

I had a boots shapers one the other day and it was nice but not very chocolate-y, if you see what i mean.

Maltesers are only 187 calories, i think.

mmm I love maltesers, curly wurleys are only 117 :D

dark chocolate!

i get dark chocolate and mint, its very nice too. unlike any milk choco bar you cant eat a full bar, 2 - 3 chunks is enough to satisfy my cravings for it :)

i used to hate dark choco as a kid too :p now i love it!

dark chocolate!

i get dark chocolate and mint, its very nice too. unlike any milk choco bar you cant eat a full bar, 2 - 3 chunks is enough to satisfy my cravings for it :)

i used to hate dark choco as a kid too :p now i love it!

What brand do you get? :)

How about a freddo (95 calories) or a milky bar (even less)? Starburst are also good value for calories at little over 100 for the whole packet.

Green and Blacks do nice dark chocolate too. It's a bit more expensive than cadburys but it's good quality.

You could try have low fat hot chocolate also if you need a chocolate fix or else Skinny Cow chocolate ice lollies which are about 90calories each I think, most of the big supermarkets do skinny cow lollies. Coca pops cereal bars are nice, about 90 calories I think and they are kind of chocolate-y?!

You could still buy a galaxy/dairy milk but only eat one or two squares of that alternatively. You could work out the calories etc beforehand-http://www.caloriecounting.co.uk/resources/food/calories_chocolate.htm

Oh a 2 finger kit kat is 106 calories and a milky way bar is 118 calories.

Green and Blacks do nice dark chocolate too. It's a bit more expensive than cadburys but it's good quality.

You could try have low fat hot chocolate also if you need a chocolate fix or else Skinny Cow chocolate ice lollies which are about 90calories each I think, most of the big supermarkets do skinny cow lollies. Coca pops cereal bars are nice, about 90 calories I think and they are kind of chocolate-y?!

You could still buy a galaxy/dairy milk but only eat one or two squares of that alternatively. You could work out the calories etc beforehand-http://www.caloriecounting.co.uk/resources/food/calories_chocolate.htm

Oh a 2 finger kit kat is 106 calories and a milky way bar is 118 calories.

Thank you. :] I never thought of buying some hot chocolate to fix the craving! I've heard the Options hot chocolate is low in calories?

Options hot choc is 40 cals a mug and really delish. Very chocolatey so hits those cravings head on!

im sipping on a mug of options whilst watching the rugby. Love it :)

I love dark chocolate, my hubby bought me a bar the other day, only a sainsburys own one but a large bar with about 15 squares on it, so I can eat a couple a day, that bar had 499 calories in it!!! Never realised that before :S I suppose it's not bad with just eating a couple of squares a day but my god, still alot! lol

Options hot choc is 40 cals a mug and really delish. Very chocolatey so hits those cravings head on!

Wow, that's quite low in calories. I going to get some when I next go shopping.

Back