What are the signs of ketosis?

Hi Jessie welcome!!

I have done CD in my past (had a band fitted, but still lurking!). When I was in ketosis, I got a pear smelling breath. The real result would be on the keto sticks that you can buy at Boots or other chemists. You widdle on them and if it turns pink then you are in ketosis. It also tells you if you are drinking enough water (it will turn a darker red colour).
At this stage of the plan, I wouldnt worry about it too much, you normally go into ketosis within day 3-4 any way. Also when you go to see your Consultant, she will test your urine for you too..well mine did anyway!

I hope this helps and good luck with your journey!

Kerry-Ann
xx

for me the big K is bad breath always know its there x

you should stop feeling hungry when ketosis comes aswell. and an overall feeling of wellbeing as some people describe it! x

no worries! basically ketosis is your body's way of burning up your stored fat rather than carbs (which you won't be having any of!!!) for energy. it also stops you feeling hungry. it is a glorious thing! lol x

i love ketosis me if we could bottle and sell it we would be a millionaire lol.....but my breath stink is rank but i like it ,it lets me know i am doing well.

well for me as every1 has sed is having the breath from hell my hubby recons i could strip paint off with it lol xx

for me its like you suddely wake up ping,eyes open wide awake and I cant sit still!!

i love ketosis me if we could bottle and sell it we would be a millionaire lol.....but my breath stink is rank but i like it ,it lets me know i am doing well.

Lets others know you are doing well too....lol....

Also you feel really shivery and colllllldddd!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back