What are we eating today?

I don't think we have a dobbins locally, there is one on the way to Shrewsbury though, I've seen it. I'll have to go and google their locations.

Brekkie: Two yolk and one egg omelette with a slice of lemon and pumpkin seed bread and a spoon of peanut butter as spread
Snacks:Two protein shakes, one protein bar and a handful of unsalted peanuts and cashews
Afternoon meal 1: plain chicken breast
Afternoon meal 2: half a trout fillet with curry paste and mixed salad
Evening meal 1: Four crispbreads with chicken breast sliced, four cherry tomatoes and cheese
Evening meal 2 will be tuna salad

Hi all

Jim Ive had your fabulous curry recipe tonight but adapted it to prawn & spinach curry with a little cheese.. It was really really nice.
Ive put it on the recipe thread up top!

xx

I like the sound of them venison sausages, can you get them in tesco Sukie?
morrisons jim , they were nice , typically venison taste , nice change and very meaty.

Today I had steak and eggs for breakfast LOL I woke up and went to the fridge and looked at the sausages and then the tupperware tub with a steak in and thought 'oooh I could just fancy that' so I had it :D
Lunch was Tuna Mayo on salad and for tea I had Beef and Broccoli stir fry :)

I've done that, had steak for breakfast, LOL, really nice. One of the things I have found with Atkins is that it changes the way you look at food.

OK, Jools I'm going to try that Prawn recipe then.

Thanks Sukie, we have a Morrisons not far away, I'll go and have a look.

B: left over casserole from last night.

L: I'm meeting Colleen for lunch at Brindley Place today.

D: Probably pan fried white fish.

3 eggs in an omelette with a dash of cheese, basil and mushrooms (wouldn't recommend the basil)

Lunch is 2 peppered mackerel and salad leaves.

Tea will be king prawns on salad with a drizzle of sauce.

I like basil TT, but you do have to be careful with the amount you use or it's very overpowering.

Yeah, I ripped up two leaves, one would have done!

Oh yes, 2 is a bit overkill :)

hey , day 4 and feeling great ,
was feeling a bit concerned as id felt way to tired to do any running but had a nice 30 mins burst last night which felt great after a weeks break and then this morning i woke with my usual energy so ran an hour full pelt on the treadmill , so loving atkins even more now i can run again :0)

so anyway brkki pre run . atkins bar (know i shldnt have them yet but needed something light to start me with coffee :0))
post run brekki
bacon and cheese omelette mmmm and decaf coffe and cream
tons of water so far

leftover chicken for lunch with some smoked makerel and a slice of cheese (how random) dinner ;salmon , asparagus and broccoli with two stuffed mushrooms i made , soooo nice.
1g atkins bar with decaf coffe and cream after salsa class .
stuffed !!

Last edited:
Looks good to me Sukie

Brekkie:three scrambled eggs with garlic and onion on a bagel
Pre and post gym snacks: 2 protein shakes
Mid morning meal: tuna salad (baby spinach, mixed leaves, cherry tomatoes, coleslaw and some milled flax seeds on the top)
Dessert: berry protein shake made up as a mousse and a kiwi fruit
Afternoon meal: chicken curry with mixed veg
Late afternoon meal: trout with mixed leaves salad
Evening meal: chicken breast stuffed with nuts and a small amount of brown rice

Well done on a great first week's loss, bigbum - you'll have to change your screen name. WI for me tomorrow - haven't done a full week of lc yet but it's my regular wi day and don't want to change it.

Hi guys. Protein shake for brekkie (in a hurry as usual). Lunch was a burger without the bun with salad (from Burger King) - being back on low carb is bringing back my meat cravings! Tea will be white veg soup - spring onions, leek and celery cooked in stock then blended with cream. I'm full all the time!

Had a Thorntons diabetic turkish delight for a snack too :)

Nexangelus, how do you make your protein shakes into a mousse? Would like to try that.

Good morning from winter wonderland.

B: Porridge and black berries.

L: I'll be going to the Cafe as usual.

D: Pork Steaks in red wine sauce, steamed Broccoli with cabbage and leek mix from tesco.

Steak and Eggs for breakkie (its a winner!), King Prawn Salad for Lunch and tea tonight is toulouse sausage casserole with mashed cauli. Got some sugar free cola bottles and an atkins bar to take to Uni for snacks.

Thanks Karenlou. Can't wait until I get to change my name, a good while yet but going in the right direction.
Breakfast - Go Lower Clusters with cream & a couple of chopped raspberries
Lunch - Mushroom soup with a babybel
Dinner - Undecided.

I tried to make celeriac chips last night and they were all soggy and generally a disaster. need to try again. Xx

BB are you using a chip pan or deep fat fryer?

I haven't made them in a while but I do remember 2 things.

1. The fat must be really hot, I test it by throwing 1 chip in and seeing if it bubbles.
2. The celeriac chips must be dried.

Hope that helps.

Back