What are we eating today?

Yes, I use egg white powder in it as I don't like the taste of the whey protein ones. Anyway, you're supposed to mix it with warm water first so it doesn't go lumpy and the water I used was a bit too warm and started to cook the egg white.

Not nice.

Serves me right for being to lazy to get the blender out as it never goes lumpy if you blend it.

See thats why I'm not brave enough for those egg thingies LOL you know bloody well I'd be having eggie smoothies every day :D

Today I've had minute muffins for breakkie, will be having bacon and avocado salad for lunch and steak, eggs and cabbage for tea.

Brekkie - warmed up left over lemon and coriander chicken with a little brown rice and a small piece of naan bread (me and the beau do curry nights Fridays and we try to do a different spicy meal each week, it's fun cooking from scratch, very therapeutic and it tends to curb the appetite somewhat)...mmm...then two protein shakes (one with a muller amore cherry yoghurt mmm) and a few squares of dark chocolate...tha's food so far...almost lunch time not decided what I am doing yet, need to get some tuna for next week's menu...

B - omelette with bacon
L - 2 chicken breasts fried with a mushroom and some rocket
D - A big fat steak I think today!

Blimey F.A.R. you'll waste away eating so little!

Brunch was scrambled eggs (no, it was deliberate scrambled eggs, not another mistake!), just about to have mid-afternoon snack - greek yogurt with cream and raspberries. Dinner will be quorn beef with mushrooms and red wine with mashed swede. Yum...

Okay afternoon meals were chicken salad (chicken breast with kiwi fruit, apple, mixed leaves, grated carrot, tomatoes) and half a trout fillet with 15 almonds chopped, a small amount of cheddar chopped and some coleslaw and mixed leaves...have also had a fruit fool and a small homemade choccie brownie and an iced finger (small) as well as a couple of thin slices of sunseed sprouted sunflower and flax seed bread yummy (tastes like malt loaf only better!)...

yesterday me was ...

brekkie - scrambked eggs with a little cheese
Lunch - tuna & mayo
Tea - Jims fabulous chicken curry mmmmmmmmmm

Okay I am kicking weight loss into gear again, not because I am despondent but I have maintained this same weight for months and months now and I do really want to get to where I had planned, so brekkie was two rashers of bacon with six almonds and second meal was cream with a teaspoon of cocoa and powdered sweetener in it...am doing the modified Atkins fat fast for a few days to bring on ketosis and then going from there to increase the carbs by 5g increments. Think I am going to be very hungry today at least, so having loads of water in between and having gotten used to 8 meals this is going to feel a bit frustrating for a small while.

Good luck with that nex.

I slept in over breakfast again so had a pecan cluster (from low carb megastore) as breakfast in bed. Lunch was cream of white veg soup and dinner will be cauliflower cheese - found a recipe that uses sour cream which sounds yum.

Third and fourth meals were kfc with the breaded crust taken off (it's usually my junk food day today) and two egg whites with a tablespoon of peanut butter. Later will be two egg yolks with a tablespoon of garlic mayo and then a small portion of chicken mayo. I have gone over the calorie allowance today (this Atkins stage actually has a calorie allowance) but Monday will be back to the norm.

Good luck Nex, I admire your dedication and you're food always sounds so organised and lovely, I just chuck mine together and hope for the best! LOL

B: Eggs and Minute-Muffin Soliers
L: Will be turkey salad
D: Lamb Chops, Mashed Cauliflower and Steamed Cabbage.

Good Morning.

B: Left over Beef burgers from last night. (Home made and yummy)

L: I'll be off to the Cafe as usual.

D: I got diced lamb out of the freezer this morning, I'll make a casserole or Lamb curry.

B: Eggs and Minute Muffin Soldiers
L: Steak and Rocket Salad
D: Chicken, Broccoli, Cauliflower and Cheese Bake.

mmmm, that broccoli, cauliflower and cheese bake sounds nice Rela.

b , bacon and cheese omelette
l , chicken ceasar salad and jelly mouse
d, big fat steak with asparagus and broccoli i think

snacks , mini baby bells
ended up with more ceasar salad and mushrooms for tea instead of the broccoli and asparagus

Last edited:
Oh my, my food sounds really hmph when I see everyone else's...but it's just an experiment, nothing long term....today I have had two rashers of bacon with green pesto spread on them, two egg whites with peanut butter, a 35g pack of pork scratchings (whoa, mind the teeth!), small portion of chicken mayo, coffee with good helping of single cream in it and later I am going to eat the two egg yolks with garlic mayo...

Back