What are we eating today?

Will you be having toast, fried bread, chips or hash browns with that fry up, Jim? Just curious about the amount of bread or potatoes you can have in one day on maint...

I try to ensure I only have 1 carby item in any given day LM, so I'll just have 2 x sausage, 2 x bacon, 2 x Black pudding 2 x fried eggs love.

probably this minus the toast
Image001_1-1.jpg

That looks lush Jim (hello by the way:wavey:). I can't remember but are mushrooms okay when trying to get into ketosis? Assume that the lashings of brown sauce are banned!!

Hi Craig, yes mate Mushrooms are Free food on Atkins, there is a great mushroom soup recipe on the stickie at the top.

I love mushrooms too Laura but living alone I've found they go off too quickly before I can use them all up. Back on this WOE I can see me using them everyday now I know that they are okay. Thansk for the tips on what to do with them!!

Evening (better late than never)

B. Bar.
L. Left over curry
D. Left over curry MMMMmmm

Nearly the weekend, guys!

Woofy X

D. Oopsies with ham and garlic mayo
T. King prawn salad with garlic mayo

Back to work tomorrow for another 7 shifts on :-( Boo...

Morning :wavey:

B: Smoked pork sausage.
L: Cafe as usual, I fancy the three Cheese melt at the veggie place.
D: TGIF! First the pub and then a donner and salad.

D. 2x Asda Chorizo and Pork sausages, bacon, 2x eggs
T. King prawn salad, garlic mayo (i'm sure the work colleagues will thank me for that one!)

B - slice of ham, hard boiled egg and cheese
L - cold meats, boiled egg, some cheese and a salad. Plus a sugar free jelly pot.
D - lamb chops brocoli and spinach.

First day going well :D

B. Bacon bits, two scrambled eggs with dash of cream, two mushrooms
D. King prawn salad
T. Two roast chicken thighs, kale and a leek stir fried in butter, 4 spears of asparagus, mayo

b - meats and cheese
l - chicken, salmon, feta and salad
d - small salad, ceasar dressing and parmesan shavings.

I am still very new to this so please tell me if I am doing anything wrong. Luckily I have been far too hot to think about food today!

Quick q; please, please does anyone have any ideas about breakfast that is eggless, and even better cheeseless? I know that I must have breakfast but one of my previously sins was to always miss it and I am finding the eggs and cheese very heavy! Any ideas will be welcome!

I had a naughty day yesterday, spent most of the day in the pub, I blame may mate Henry and here is the proof.

Image001-6.jpg
:D

B: left over duck breast from last night plus fried onions and mushrooms.
L: The Cafe as usual.
D: I'm supposed to be making a Lamb Curry, but if it's hot we'll have a take away.

Quick q; please, please does anyone have any ideas about breakfast that is eggless, and even better cheeseless? I know that I must have breakfast but one of my previously sins was to always miss it and I am finding the eggs and cheese very heavy! Any ideas will be welcome!

I sometimes have those large flat mushrooms, grilled. I usually have them with eggs though as I love my eggies, but you could have them plain or with your own choice of topping. Just make sure you count them toward your daily carb quota.

I've noticed Jim and a few others often have the previous night's leftovers for breakfast.

Take a look at the thread about oopsie rolls, it is a less eggy way of eating your eggs, much lighter and many people seem to enjoy these for a quick breakfast.

I'm lucky, I never seem to get fed up with bacon & eggs!

b - bacon & eggs :)
l - tuna salad
d - grilled salmon fillets with broccoli and asparagus

At least you're drinking Guinness, I understand stout is lower in carbs than larger!
______

That's my excuse Laura. :D

We tend to buy our meat in bulk Sparkles, so if I have Steak there is usually 4 in the pack, I fry them all and then have some for breakfast, the same with diced Lamb, I pack it in 1lb packs and as there are only 2 of us, there'll always be leftovers the next day.

Atkins has really changed my mind on the way i view food, I'd never have thought of having curry fro breakfast before. :)

Today I have had a 2 egg omelette with a little cheddar. Lunch will be tuna with a green salad, may have a boiled egg with it though if hungry and some mayo

This evening I am doing garlic chicken with garlic fried mushrooms and a small portion of green veggies.

And..... hubby had just decided he wants to come on board as well, makes menu planning a lot easier.

What I've had has taken me over my 20g carbs:

Bar x 2 - 4.2

Prawns - 0
Cheese - 1.4
Celery - 1.5
Lettuce - 2.0
Pepper - 3.0 (big in terms of carb!!)

Bacon - 0.2
Salad - 3.5
Mayo - 1.2

Bar - 3.1

Still a learning curve - reduce bars I think even though I love them and give me the only carb fix possible on this diet.

Am I doing it wrong??

Back