What are we eating today?

Hi all, back from my 5 day 2-city break. Sticking to the diet wasn't as hard as I thought, although it was EXPENSIVE. I basically fell into a pattern of having a large mid-morning brunch (eggs, bacon, fried mushrooms and a naughty café sausage), this would see me through until mid-afternoon when I would have an Atkins bar to tide me over until tea. This is where it got pricey, we went to a different restaurant each night and of course the Atkins-friendly options are the priciest! Even if you ask them to hold the spuds it doesn't cost any less!

I've never been big on the Atkins bars before but now I'm addicted to them. Have had to self-impose a ban on them because they are so dear and I'm skint.

Am dreading the weigh-in on Friday, after a good loss last week I think the bars, the odd sausage and most of all some evile wine on Sunday will have stalled me completely, I may even have put some back on.

Today:
B - eggs & bacon
L - leftover roast chicken with salad
T - pork chops with sage & garlic pepper, cabbage, broccoli & cauliflower
Supper - cheese & ham between two oopsie rolls

You may have been lucky LM, let's hope so.

Well last of the big spenders here treated herself to a microwave bacon rack and egg poacher, which got their first use this morning. 3 minutes to do 2 rashers of bacon and 2 eggs. Fab!

Snack was a 1/4 pint of sugarfree jelly and teaspoon of cream

Lunch was a large chicken thigh coated in a tiny bit of garlic lurpack and some broccoli. Think this has been the 3rd or 4th day running but its soooo cheap and easy.

So far I've managed 2 litres of water. Will have another once I get home from work.

I think for dinner it will be another thigh with either asparagus, cabbage or broccolli and mushrooms and maybe a lamb grill steak.

oooh the bacon and egg micro cooker sounds good where did you get that from? x

Good old Wilkinsons. All it is, is a corrugated plastic rack for the bacon and a device that looks like a normal egg poacher.

It is ideal though because I dont like to have breakfast too soon after waking. I prefer to get in work and then have something. So now I can get in work, straight to the kitchen, bang my food in the micro, go hang my hat and coat up, get a brew ready and bobs your uncle bacon and eggs ready to take back to my desk. :D

100g natural yoghurt, 1tsp of linseeds and a sweetener (cinnamon and nutmeg) 4.2g NC
half a Atkins bar 1.1NC
coffee + cream 0.8 NC
egg quiche, spinach, nuts, spring onions, mushrooms and cheese + avo 1/4 - 5NC
half a Atkins bar 1.1NC
sprite zero 1.0 NC
tofu and vege 4.5 NC+1
TOTAL 17.7

D. Salad with turkey breast and mayo (much better than the chilli mayo of yesterday lol!)
T. Steak, fried onion, salad, cream and mushroom sauce. Two mouthfuls of choc birthday cake i'd made my brother.. Ooops.. Feel bit guilty, need to work extra hard at the gym tomorrow!

Morning all,

B: Left over meat balls with onion sauce.
L: We have a meeting at work today so it'll be all those little bad things.
D: Lamb Casserole, it's in the slow cooker already.

Claire, how much onion did you have, it's not strictly legal on induction. I did have small quantities to be honest.

b - bacon & scrambled egg
l - salad with Cardini italian dressing & cold roast beef
d - smoked mackerel & steamed veggies

The ham & cheese oopsie roll I had for supper last night was LUSH. I've just been melting cheese over the oopsies so far, but I now think they work much better with cold fillings. I made my oopsies with black onion seeds, onion granules and dried oregano and it went really well with the ham, cheese & a bit of mayo. So if I can get my act together tonight I'm making another batch!

I must have a go at making these oopsie rolls, your's sounds delicious LM.

Hey Jim, had about 4 tablespoons of cooked onion last night. They're on the allowed foods list on the Atkins site, just on the higher carbs list that's all.

B. Choc chip Atkins bar
D. Tuna salad n mayo
T. Jim's recipe for Mousaka with a slight twist including half tin chopped tomatoes

Hit the gym again after work and feel really good for going :) Managed to knock another 40secs off my 5km on the treadmill which i'm pleased with.

Tired now so more water and an early night me thinks..

Well I have to admit that I went AWOL last night as I had a college fairwell.

I opted for the Buffalo Mozzerella with just a small amount of tomato. But I also devoured 1 bottle of wine.

I felt so bad all day!!!

1 Atkins bar
2 sausages (morrisons)
pepper & mushrooms

Pork Scratchins

bacon
egg
lettuce

Advantage bar

yoghurt plain
coffee + cream + half a bar
tuna and rocket salad with a little parmesean and mayo
sprite zero
NOT SURE GOING OUT TO THE FOOTY. We usually have Japanese I will have salmon and vege and no rice and maybe tofu for starters if I need it. Oh and glass of wine at the game.

Good morning.

B: left over casserole.
L: The Cafe
D: No idea, we will be eating in Manchester tonight.

How was the Mousaka Claire?

B bacon and cheese omelette
L peperami, 3 slices ham and a handful of rocket
D four pork chops I think, or two salmon fillets

Mousaka was lush thanks Jim, made a lovely change to have lamb mince rather than beef and also nice to have the aubergines too!

B. Atkins strawberry crisp bar
D. Roast beef salad, mayo
T. Not yet decided, something i get from the supermarket when i go in a few mins..

T. Chicken breast diced and stir fried with asparagus, courgette, sugar snap peas, tenderstem brocolli and a little Asda's own Spicy Malasian Satay Sauce

Think it's totalling around the 20ish carbs

Last edited:
I'm stealing a coupl of your menus to add fuel to an Atkins debate over on the CD board. Hope you don't mind guys.

That's a really interesting thread, Lexie. You do indeed "totally rock" on that thread. :)

I've also learned a bit more about CD which was always a bit of a mystery to me. I have more of an idea of how & why people can stick to it.

Tbh I don't really mind other dieters slagging off Atkins, or any other kind of diet, because often it's all part of psychologically committing to the particular diet you're on. Dr A. does it himself a fair bit in his book, he's a bit snooty about low cal high fibre diets when the fact is these CAN work for people who have the commitment to stick to them. Same as any diet really. But I get why he does it - because the diet requires a change of mindset and a lot of commitment, particularly in the face of all the criticism you're going to hear about it.

What I do object to though is 'lay' people slagging off the Atkins approach, when they've either never had a weight problem themselves or they have one they're doing nothing about. Either way, they know nothing about what a personal struggle weight loss can be, or about the reality of the diet beyond the usual lazy media images of big piles of sausages being dumped into frying pans and so on. THOSE people can bite my lardy a**! :D

Looking at what Claire is eating, I am consuming way too much and run the risk of putting ON weight on this diet.

1/2 bar
2 eggs

Advantage bar
Pork scratchins

1 sausage and lettuce

Chicken and lettuce

Cheese (friday night snack)

I feel like a right bloater!!!

Back