What are we eating today?

I don't have time for much in the mornings either by the time I've got the kids ready for school & I usually wake up feeling a bit sicky so bacon & eggs is not what I fancy... protein shakes are not a good replacement but they certainly do the job, I usually mix my protein powder with yogurt, quick easy, very filling & full of protein!!

But as for anything actually beating bacon & eggs.... not a chance!!

Sorry think I was a touch oversensitive there. xx

I'm intending to get some low-carb protein powder in the new year (when I'm hopefully not as skint!) for breakfast/snacks.

My only slight concern about using protein powder is that it's not fatty - have a hard enough time trying to keep my dietary fats up as it is!

Aside form that, I'm looking forward to mixing it up with some berries and ice. Will be MARVELLOUS in the summer!

I don't have time for much in the mornings either by the time I've got the kids ready for school & I usually wake up feeling a bit sicky so bacon & eggs is not what I fancy... protein shakes are not a good replacement but they certainly do the job, I usually mix my protein powder with yogurt, quick easy, very filling & full of protein!!

But as for anything actually beating bacon & eggs.... not a chance!!

Sorry think I was a touch oversensitive there. xx

Aw, you're such a sweetie Linz - sorry for coming across like such an arse. :flowers:

I don't know if I could stomach the soya milk but cream sounds good. Do you think cream and water/ice would mix OK together?

Haha...I was just thinking I could use skimmed milk and mix with cream...but I guess that would be semi/full fat milk!! D'oh!

Soya Milk is much much lower in Carbs then cows milk and you honestly cannot taste the difference. To prove a point I made my OH his drinks for a week with Soya and he didn't even notice!

Why waste carbs on ordinary milk imo - try unsweetened soya in the drinks .. trust me :)

Hi all

Been very bad this week, not eating regularly, some very bad carbs sneaking in (Baileys chocolate, a present from next door, how could I say no - and it was delicious, scoffed the lot!), not enough water, no exercise. Am sleeping badly so miss breakfast most days, which is something I'll work on come the New Year!

L - lardon omelette
D - pork loin with mustard and spinach sauce
W - 1 litre
E - nope, ankle still v sore
A - no

Susie, did you ever actually show that ankle to anyone apart from your neighbour? Should you be getting some physio or something to help it get better?

B - fried egg - nearly said something else there just to keep you all on your toes, har har!
L - teeny piece of cheese and a slice of ham - din't want much before run but made up for it after!
D - shedload of chicken fillet pieces with cajun spices, and a bucket of green veg with naughty chicken gravy
S - more chicken put aside for snacking with The Apprentice tonight. Have had some diabetic choc AND toffee this afternoon, naughty naughty!
W - loads
E - 8.2m on treadmill, nice and slowly
A - is the Pope catholic? It's the final of The Apprentice - that demands the splitting of a nice bottle of wine so that we can shout at srallen, sorry loooooooodsugaaaaaaaa, when he hires college boy and not lovely Stella. I can feel my fist starting to shake at the telly already...:D

Susie, did you ever actually show that ankle to anyone apart from your neighbour? Should you be getting some physio or something to help it get better?

No, I didn't bother hun, but googled lots, I need to start doing some gentle walking and exercise it a bit - and the rib is getting there too - just takes time. But many thx for your concern :)

Well after 2 days off the waggon I have climbed back on............
Sun 19/12 - Maint
B - Flaxmeal porridge with cream
L - pate on slices of cucumber
D - roast beef done in slow cooker, greens

E - polishing some of the tiles off in the kitchen
W - hope to have done 2 litres plus lots of coffees
A - had enough last couple of days lol

MORNING :)

B - nothing
L - chicken and duck with rocket salad and half tom and cucumber and mayo
d - fancy a ham and cheese omelette with kale done crispy
s - ?
ex - nope
w - i need to
a - probably

Morning all,

B: Left over lamb joint fried up with scallions and a couple of eggs.
L: Something legal from the Cafe.
D: Pork steaks with steamed spinach and curly kale.

Moaning

B - Mim and left over omelette
L - chicken and greens
D - not sure yet
W - as much as possible
E - going to try a little walk
A - none

Back