What are we eating today?

Help I've eaten far too much today
early snack - 2 slices of cheese
B - 2 low carb sossies, bacon a fried egg
L - 3 strips of chicken and 3 rashers of bacon and salad
D - pork chop, 2 sosies (v low carb yippee) 2 rashers of bacon mushrooms and 2 fried eggs
s - s/f jelly and cream

w - loads
a - nada
e - none on the road to and from interview

I watched the Gary Taubes lectures and I am totally dropping my carbs as low as possible...Have I done any damage by eating this amount of food today?

xxx

Guys, eating too much isn't really an issue with atkins. Obviously stuffing yourself all day every day isn't a great idea, but it's better to eat a bit too much than too little. Your eating proportions will regulate. You shouldn't be starving yourself on a low carb diet, it's not how it works, because your body needs regular intake to keep functioning at a good level.

You look fine to me Rachie.

Guys you are superstars!!! Thank you so much. I have tried CD and LL in the passed few weeks so this food is fabulous!!

James I have to agree...the man is like a light bulb being switched on in the dark diet room!!! Let there be light ;)

Brunch - broccoli and stilton soup (1 mug broccoli, 2oz stilton, 2tblsp sour cream), 1 home-made hambuger

Dinner - hamburger salad (3 home-made hamburgers, 1 mug shredded lettuce, 1 mug mushrooms (fried), 2oz grated cheese, half an avocado)

Snacks - 2 s/f jelly pots with 3tblsp cream

Water - 5 pints (not sure what that is in litres? oooh just googles, and 1.75 pints to a litre roughly. so almost 3 litres today! :D )

Excercise - 45 minute dog walk, mucked out the stable

I know but at least u can spread the word if asked. ;)

Morning all

B: Left over Danish meat balls. (Cold, yum yum)
L: I'm meeting Colleen today, I'm hoping for a fry up.
D: Lamb chops with onion gravy and steamed cabbage 'n' leek and pak choi

morning all
B- iv had one fried egg 2 bacon 4 mushrooms with cheese on them
L- Ham salad
D- homemade burgers and some greens
W- as much as i can because iv neglected it for days
E- not sure have a load of stuff to do today

B Sausages
L spinach, peppered mackrel, mayo
D Goats cheese omlette, broccoli
S Atkins bar, coffee with cream
W some
E ha
A no

There have been cakes in work everyday this week and so I've been avoiding the kitchen which is not good for drinking water.

Afternoon All
B - usual flax porridge and cream
S - 2 slices corned beef with philly
L - tuna mayo, romaine and cucumber
S - celery soup
D - sossies I cooked last night and a lemon/almond muffin - taking them with me to eat before I go to see Dad in the hospital.

W - will probably struggle with about 3 litres today, early finish for dentist followed by hospital visit
A - nope (no matter how much I feel like I need one later)
E - walking the miles of corridors in the hospital later and walking up 5 flights of stairs twice!

Last edited:
Great ideas here.

Jim, I've noticed you don't tend to go for anything sweet. Did you cut out all sugary foods on Atkins> (including sugar free variety things).. did your tastes change or didn't you go for sweet things in the past?

B - 3 Jamie Oliver Italian sausages. Multi vitamin
L- corned beef and philadelphia "sandwich" , baby bel
D- chicken, spinach
S- cheesestring
W- lots
E- 1 hour crosstrainer. 25 reps on all parts of multi gym. 20 min rower (punishment for yesterdays chocolate incident)
A- pub quiz tonight so maybe a vodka if I behave myself all day.

I feel like i should tell u that i am now collapsed on the bed and my legs feel like they are on fire! And I've got to walk the dog yet. eeuurrgggh! I will be thin I will be thin I will be thin.....

dont know how you manage cross trainer i really dont.

I go at a pretty steady pace. It gets really hard some days. I watch the minutes go by on the timer and set myself little goals like "just get to 15 mins" and then "right you've done 15 u can do 20" I have metal pins in my left leg tho and some days the burning is unbearable. And I am a bright red , sweaty mess when i come off it. . I've spent my whole life thinking "I wish I looked like that girl".and I'm fed up of it. I hate the cross trainer! But I love knowing that I can push myself to do it.

Bonsoir All,

B: Quaxz Flaxz + cheese (not together!) + 1 tsp of splenda
L: Subway salad box with peperami + salami + mayo
D: Stilton + salami
S: 2x Peperamis
W: Lots
A: None (though really fancy a glass of red)
E: Walk around town after work, walk home.

I've been 99.9% low carb the last 3-4 days - probably no more than 10-15g carbs per day Trying to lose my last 2lb before the end of Feb. Quite hard but has all the benefits - lots of energy, better concentration!

Why's it so hard to lose the last few bloomin' pounds!

B - eggs bacon mushies Mattesons, gone off Mattesons!
L - Boursin stuffed chicken and pink coleslaw
D - Ood chips, courgette, pink coleslaw (it's stinking the fridge out!) more chicken and might chuck in some paneer just because I can
W - 3l 1 tea 1 coffee
E - little dog walk later, don't want to overdo it
A - not so far

Back