What are we eating today?

well that will keep you quiet !!

Nah, just a bit more than I usually have in one meal :)

I just fried up for lunch some

Peppers, red onion, mushrooms and bacon bits, it was nice but 10 chilli's was too much, my mouth has gone numb

Yoweeeeeeeeeee Jim, that is excessive - put the loo roll in the fridge :D

One of the weirdest things on hol was the amount of GARLIC they put scrambled egg - bleurrrrrrrg - I like garlic but this was huge lumps and did it no favours at all.

Yum, definately going to try that burger with my fresh first batch of oopsie rolls!

For dinner i'm having roast pork with plenty of crackling, mashed cauli with butter and cream and freshly cracked black pepper and some broccoli. Just don't know what to do about the gravy :( best 'diet' ever! :D

tonight i had bacon, cheese, mushroom, tomato, courgette, spring onion and spinach fritatta with green leaves on the side and a dollop of garlic mayo....yum :) looking forward to my pork crackles later! x

Sure Nikki,

Well first you should check a recipe for oopsie rolls, which is the bread bun substitute.

Preheat oven to about 150 deg

Seperate 4 egg yolks, and mix in about 1/4 of a 200g pack of cream cheese. I also put in about 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder. Mix until it's smooth

In another bowl, put in the egg whites from the 4 eggs and about 1/2 teaspoon of cream of tartar. whisk until whites form a peak.

Slowly fold in the yolk mix to the whites - don't do this too fast.

The mixture shouldn't be liquidy, if it is the next step will be difficult.

Grab a spoon and make a few mounds of the mixture on a baking tray. On mine I comfortably made 4. The mixture should make 6.

Whack it in the oven for 30 minutes. When time is up, take them out and allow to cool.

Burgers were from my neighbours farm, but I was told it was mince, onion and egg for binding. Was lovely! To be fair my burgers are the same recipe.

Add a couple bacon rashers, dill cucumber pickles, and some mild chedder! Oh...and a whole lot of mayo :)

Oopsie rolls look amazing..I wonder if you could add flaxmeal to make them like wholemeal rolls?

Hmm.... Well it'll either sink or swim! lol! 50/50 chance I guess. Let me know if you try it! I'm intrigued now! :D

Last strict induction day for me, I'll weigh tomorrow just before we fly so I'll know how much I've got to play with, belt and trousers are all very loose though :)

Back