What are you eating as your main meal?

Scrapmouse

I thought I would start this thread so we can share ideas and learn from one another.

I have been buying the huge reduced Hondurian prawns from Sainsburys and eaten loads this week. I have had them in a salad, in a home-made tomato sauce (made with chopped onion and garlice and a tin of chopped tomatoes - herbs for flavour) and also in stir fry.

What has been your nicest and best meal?

This interests me too...

I've been doing Cambridge SS for the last 1.5 weeks, and am beginning LLL this Thurs (well, the joining session is Thurs, will get my packs, so start Fri). I must say, now that I know I'm going to get a feed, I'm really looking forward to it.

I haven't had the pack yet, but know basically it'll be protein and veg (I really miss fruit, I love it, though possibly not as much as I miss chocolate!), but I'm a terrible cook so it'll need to be something easy.

Any suggestions/tips will be MOST welcome...

the book they give u is really usefull for ideas. iv found the chicken stirfry really nice, its not quiet the same as normally having it with noodles, but its still really nice

I have eaten loads of chicken and prawn salad, chicken stirfry, chicken curry, lentil and veg curry and bolognaise sauce, (pity about no pasta! HA HA!).

I had a lovely mushroom omelette the other day and even made a breakfast of bacon and scrambled eggs.

Any other suggestions?

Never mind, it is working for you and you are doing well, so no point in changing things.

I lost 3 lbs this week so I am very pleased.

Wow Scrapmouse - they all sound lovely! :)

Not sure if you've seen my posts, but I am starting LL Lite on Sunday after loads of lapsing on LL traditional... one stone to shift (already done about 5!)... and I'm really excited!

Your meal ideas all sounds great - can't wait to get going. Do we get given a book with recipes in etc? How long are the weekly meetings?? I feel like a newbie again! Haha :D

A xx

Great news Anna. I hope it works for you and you enjoy it.

Very little is given to you about recipes. They say that as it is so new they will be adding to it as time goes by - I think they could have done more to start with!!!

The meetings are an hour long and go over a lot of the basic stuff that is at the beginning of Foundation but for most of us could probably do with being gone over!!!

I just fiddle around with the food available. There is a lot of protein (especially if you eat chicken or fish) and sometimes for difference, I use half of the protein as chicken and then add lentils for the other half. If you are doing a casserole/stew it thickens things up nicely. Thickening sauces is a problem (No carbs!) but I cook using the slow cooker and using lots of veg. Then I remove some of the veg and liquid, blitz in the whizzer thing and return it to the casserole - hey presto - thickened sauce!!

Hi everyone - I've just started LLL today!!!!!!! Had a banana shake this morning, don't think I'll be having another!!! Must exchange for something more palatable for me!!! Anyway, I've made a curry, from the menu in the LL book, smells good, going to have it at lunch. I've 2.5 stone to lose, so I'm hoping it goes well. I'm determined anyway. Think this is a good site to encourage each other and share experiences, it looks like everyone is doing so well!

I just fiddle around with the food available. There is a lot of protein (especially if you eat chicken or fish) and sometimes for difference, I use half of the protein as chicken and then add lentils for the other half. If you are doing a casserole/stew it thickens things up nicely. Thickening sauces is a problem (No carbs!) but I cook using the slow cooker and using lots of veg. Then I remove some of the veg and liquid, blitz in the whizzer thing and return it to the casserole - hey presto - thickened sauce!!

Great ides whizzing the veg to make a thicker sauce!! WEll done SM!! Iam going to try that! :)

Sounds like youa re getting on well here, all of you. Well done!!!

XX

I have a grilled chicken breast, with trimmed fine beans, carrots and mashed swede with a little milk from my allowance and a tsp of butter...... yummy

Mmmmm.... sounds lovely... I am so happy I've started LLL today - of all days, this horrendous cold and snow is really making the idea of a hot meal all the more exciting!! I CAN'T WAIT TO GO TO TESCO LATER AND SHOP - so so so cool! (This is what happens after five months on abstinance!) xx

Hi All,

What are the 'rules' for having a main meal? What are you allowed and not allowed, etc

Cheers,

It varies - there is a list of the meats/proteins you are allowed and the weights of the different ones...

Then you make up the meal with a selection of veggies from a list, add a dairy option and a fats option... again, all listed in the book.

It makes for some fairly varied meals, but not too flexible that it's easy to go too far wrong :)

A x

At the moment I'm having a cranberry and raspberry bar as my main, so delicious, i know you are all beside yourselves ;)

HI all. I've done the LL programme a couple of years ago, got a couple of stone to lose now a(doh!) and

Back