What are you eating today - Wednesday 8th

Maintainer

** Chief WITCH **
Today is a lower calorie day for me (and you'll see that I'm STILL wading through the greengage mountain... I've given loads away too!)

B: 6oz plums (80)
small boiled egg (70)
1 yogurt (55)
= 205

L: 5oz chicken breast (225)
+ tomatoes, lettuce, celery, beetroot, spring onions and spoonful coleslaw (50)
1 yog (55)
6oz plums (80)

= 410

Mid afternoon: 1 peach, 1 apricot (50)

D: 125g mozzarella cheese with tomatoes, lettuce, celery, beetroot, spring onions and spoonful coleslaw. A little low cal dressing for once too.
= 400

Total = 1,065 ish

Plus 3L minimum water

Sounding good Joanne :clap:

We had a good programme on last night 'cook yourself thin'. Think you would have enjoyed it.

anyway, they baked a whole load of toms with no olive oil, just a little salt and pepper. Baked it in a slow oven for about an hour, which is longer than I would do usually. They turned out dry and shrivelled, but then they ate them as a snack :clap:

It's the 2nd time this week that I've heard someone do it this way. I usually just bake for a while with a bit of oil and a whole load of other veg added and as an accomp with my main meal.

Might try doing it this way today :)

Morning!!!

Got weighed this morning 2.5 off, only 2.5 to go and my first stone gone !!!

Today I'm having

Breakfast:
Mullerlight yogurt (94.5)

Snack:
Carrots (29)
Cucumber (8)

Lunch:
2 x turkey breast slices (74)
Salad (39)
Salad dressing (7)
Mullerlight layers yoghurt (94.5)

Snack:
Cherries (49)
Strawberries (28)

Dinner:
Not sure what I'm having yet, I'll update later

Have a great day

Jennie xx:)

Jennie - congratulations on your first stone!

Karion - What a shame I can't see that programme! However, I can't imagine wanting to eat sloppy tomatoes as a treat(!). I have made "peanuts" with chick peas before (ever tried that?) and I love roast veggies (if dieting in separate tin from meat though!). OH and I love roasted carrots, cloves of garlic, shallots, anything really! (Fry lite is a wonderful thing!)

Hey Jennie! Doing well gal:clap:

I can't see that programme! However, I can't imagine wanting to eat sloppy tomatoes as a treat(!).

Did I say treats? LOL. No...snacks...completely different :D

I don't think they turn our sloppy though. They looked sort of dried....maybe a little chewy? The salt draws the moisture out and without the oil, it dries up.

Anyway, I have 1/2 a ton of toms in the oven as we speak. Off to drop DS2 down the beach then hopefully return to find them done.

Will report back :)

Morning!!!

Got weighed this morning 2.5 off, only 2.5 to go and my first stone gone !!!

Jennie xx:)

Congratulations Jennie, Well done :)

Nice to see your food diary too. I always round my calories up and down to the nearest 5 to make it easier to add up. If I was as precise as you would need a calculator :D

See you are another muller layers yoghurt fan, will have to check this out next time I'm at the shops

Keep up the good work

I can't decide what to have for dinner tonight, I fancy something really nice, any ideas??

Also any ideas on how I can get my ticker bigger, when I saved it as large it said that the file was too big, is it just a permission thing that goes by number of posts?

Jennie - You've got quite a few calories left (although, as holly said, I'd need a calculator to know how many!!). What do you fancy? A lean grilled steak? Salmon? Prawns? Scallops? Omelette?

Can't help you with the ticker, I'm afraid. Mine just came out this size!

Also any ideas on how I can get my ticker bigger, when I saved it as large it said that the file was too big, is it just a permission thing that goes by number of posts?

I think the problem is that you have copied the picture of it, rather than pick up the code it creates.

Have another go at making it and it will give you a code to paste into your signature.

Hi all hope u don't mind me posting here as well

The menu for today goes as follows

Breakfast- 1 Weetabix and splash of milk (110)

Snack- Banana (116)

Lunch- Small salad with a pinch of cheese, coleslaw and fat free balsamic dressing (150????)

Snack- Apple (70)

Dinner- Grilled turkey fillet with large salad and salad cream (250)

Supper- Not sure yet still got 100 cals to play around with

Haven't managed to get to day three of a diet for a long time really hope i get results

Good to see you on the thread, and of course you're very welcome...

Haven't managed to get to day three of a diet for a long time really hope i get results

I hope you don't mind my highlighting your sentence above, which I found particularly revealing. I honestly don't think you're eating enough. If you cut back too much at the outset, you're far more in danger of a weak moment when you're starving hungry and you might lose the plot. I know you have a specific target in mind but you really wouldn't need to cut right back to these bare bones to lose weight.

I'd double your breakfast tomorrow for starters! (Breakfast like a KING!)

Your lunch is pretty sparing too. A pinch of cheese? PINCH? (Lunch like a PRINCE!)

Dinner looks good. (Dine like a PAUPER!)

I know that all this goes against everything you've ever tried with ss'ing, or even 790, but I've been amazed at how much I can eat AND lose weight... and as you're slightly heavier than me, you'll be able to eat even more and still lose.

Please don't be offended, and tell me to butt out if you like. That's fine. I just thought your comment about rarely getting past 3 days very revealing...

Karion - do you agree?

Karion - do you agree?

I do. Not sure if I go along with the King/prince/pauper way though. Even if it does work (which I'm not convinced it does), it takes a lot of confidence to do. Knowing that things can only get worse throughout the day;)

GDolly. So good to see you posting again :cool: This is a great thread for helping each other out.

I do agree with Joanne that your diet is rather too low in calories. There are some really good reasons why you shouldn't go under 1100 per day unless you are doing one of the VLCDs.

Little to be gained and lots to lose (except weight:( ), and you are going to find it so hard to keep to without the benefit of ketosis.

Are you doing this so that you will lose weight quicker? Or something else?

Well done for getting to day 3 though!!

Honestly i really do value for your opinion thankyou for taking the time to reply,

When i say about not making it past three days it applies to every diet i have done i just seem to be really weak willed.

I know what u mean about the breakfast was fully intending to eat loads but had five minutes before i was due to start work and could only eat that in the time i had, Will definitly be getting out of bed tomorrow earlier so i can start the day off right.

I can promise you I am not starving myself I do eat if I am hungrey and i don't wanna make myself ill so if i am hungrey i won't deny myself for the sake of strict calories.

Its just I know I have a really unhealthy relationship i'm either binging, being a complete health freak, or not eating at all coz i'm scared to be sick( don't know why i do that sometimes, lasts about a week then i'm ok)

Honestly do welcome all advice and help, so thank you

Karion, Its because i go away in 6 weeks and wanna try lose 20lbs when i go away i know i'm gonna stick it all back on then after i get back i am planning on cambridgeing for 3 months

Karion, Its because i go away in 6 weeks and wanna try lose 20lbs when i go away i know i'm gonna stick it all back on then after i get back i am planning on cambridgeing for 3 months

Ahh. I see. Okay, but just so you know the facts. Taking this small amount of calories means you aren't getting all the nutrition you need. It might be just for 6 weeks, but by the time you go on holiday, you might not be feeling too good. Coughs and colds possibly? Very tired, looking drained and anemic.

Secondly, there is a good chance that your weightloss will stop or certainly not reflect the effort you are putting in as you will be in starvation mode.

Now....if it's worth the risk, then that's your choice, but I just wanted to be sure you were aware of what might happen.

Hope this doesn't put you off posting though :( Feel free to ignore me. I promise I won't bug you again about it;)

Hope this doesn't put you off posting though :( Feel free to ignore me. I promise I won't bug you again about it;)

Glad I got this in writing.:rolleyes: Just kiddin'.

i'm gonna see what the effects are after a week then take it from there.

Do you think the NHS does emergency lipo for worried bikini wearers?????????

Last edited:
Back