What are you eating today - Thursday - calorie counters?

gdollery - you're doing brilliantly! I can relate to the fag comment. I always used to make my OH stop every 2 hours on the motorway for a break (blamed my bladder, but it was a fag I wanted!!). Nowadays I don't care whether he stops or not!!

Tash - you're right of course, but I know yoyoing isn't good, and I hate the fact that my behaviour around food isn't as "cured" as I'd thought... aah well... I see you have a wedding to slim for. What a motivation! Have you got a diary running somewhere? (Yes I'm in France... although I came over here FAT so can't totally blame the French food!)

I'm not sure that my behaviour will ever be 'cured'!!

The best I think I can hope for is to compensate after any binges so that my weight remains level (have been doing this for over a year at around 11/8 - just need to get that down 1.5 stone!!!!)

Rest of day:

Oatibix plus chopped banana (big bowl - was hungry!) Cals 500

Total for day:1460 - eek!:D

Joanne: - whereabouts do your live in France. (Sorry to be nosey!)

grrr one of the downsides of quitting smoking, I guess!

Don't reckon you'll want to know this:D I gave up smoking 18 months ago and didn't put on anything:p

(Karion ducks the rotton tomatoes heading her way)

I'm not sure that my behaviour will ever be 'cured'!!

Ahhh, you never know;) Remember saying exactly that a number of times. Still have the 'Im hopeless...this is way too hard, moments' every now and again', but I don't diet.

Wow Karion! So you quit smoking just six months after reaching target? You're a braver lady than me! It took me three years to dare take that crutch away. I used to post on a quit smoking site and the NRT users seem to have gained less weight than the cold turkey people! Which were you?! Did you smoke much? This does intrigue me, not only because I'm using it as my major "excuse", but also everything I read seems to back me up on it!

At the moment, no problems whatsoever. No chatterbox. I'm at a nasty weight at the moment though, when my size 14 trousers get baggy and my 12s don't close so there's incentive to go a bit further!

I used to post on a quit smoking site and the NRT users seem to have gained less weight than the cold turkey people! Which were you?! Did you smoke much?

I smoked about 20 a day. Smoked since I was 12, but have quit on numerous occasions.:sigh:

This time I used that AD method that I now use for food addiction (and cold turkey).

This method involves not substuting anything (including food), so that you face up to the addictive desire rather than hiding them behind anything else. Worked for me, which is why I use the method for food :clap:

Wow Karion! So you quit smoking just six months after reaching target? You're a braver lady than me!

Oh, should tell you why I chose then. At the time I was calorie counting at maintenance cals. I was hoping to stop ccing but decided it was a good idea to quit whilst I was still recording the cals, so I could be sure I wasn't going over.

I thought that if I quit whilst I was going it alone, I might 'accidently' add a few more cals here and there.

I was probably at 25-30 by the time I quit but, like you, had started very early. I'd never really tried to lose, to be honest, so buying the country place and feeling the financial pinch of two lots of bills was my main incentive. (The health warnings had never worked up to that point, so I needed something "different"!).

I armed myself with Allen Carr's book two months in advance of the date I'd set (Feb 1), fully expected to use NRT but hadn't realised he didn't recommend it... so I went cold turkey.

In addressing the AD for your quit, you probably inadvertently got things sorted in your mind on the food front too. Excellent. (Wish I'd known this before!!)

Look at my smoking stats. Frightening!
I stopped smoking 190 days ago (6M 1W 2D 16h 26m ago) and have saved £974.39 by not smoking 5,339 cigs. Last EVER cig: 31/01/2007 21:30. I stopped cold turkey. I have lengthened my life by 2W 4D 12h 55m

Back