What are you giving up for Lent 2013?

I would love to give something up...i dont know what though :/ umm maybe wine? Or crisps. I dont really have a sweet tooth so dont eat much chocolate. I have never succeeded with lent though so maybe now is the time!

I was going to give up booze but I figured since starting SW I have quit wine, cheese, crisps and pizza I'm doing quite well as it is thank you very much! :D

sarg1970 said:
I love Green tea, i find it helps with my weight loss too!

Some came in our shop today so if i like it i will swap my morning coffee for green tea..its decaffinated though so it may be a struggle!

I'm not giving up anything, I would give up booze, but I very rarely drink and lent actually contains some of the odd days in the year when I might have a drink haha. I very rarely eat crisps so would be no point giving them up, chocolate I have most days but that's what I use my syns on.... when I'm already so controlled on slimming world I don't really see the point in giving things up as I've given a lot of them up for the majority of the year anyway... if anything I should have more during lent haha.

I might try something new during lent though, not decided what yet, but maybe eating more of something, or using syns at least once a week on healthier options?

I have been thinking about this & think I might try my hardest to give up my every morning weigh in!! This will be a real challenge for me but think it will only do me good!! & I can only take the weight on the scales Wednesday evening anyway!!

Good luck to everyone!

Some came in our shop today so if i like it i will swap my morning coffee for green tea..its decaffinated though so it may be a struggle!

That's another thing I've given up, I switched to decaff coffee in the evenings but for the past few months I have been having decaff in the morning as well and didn't struggle so hopefully you'll be okay, bit of an annoyance for me as I could have given up caffeine lol.

I would attempt giving up sweetener (not completely I'd still eat yogurts ect. but nothing where I add it) but I need it for some things :/

I am giving up chocolate as it seems that when I start to eat it I just want more. I think I will have a 40 day fast from the chocolate and then hopefully when I am allowed it I will be able to eat it rather than crave it!

I am going to give up wine for lent, it will be tough!

I'm going to give up cheating!! Going to write everything down and stick within my syns. This is my biggest problem as when I know I'm going to go over syns I just stop writing it down!!

It was going to be cheese but I have settled on diet coke. It's going to be a long 40 days!

Chocolate! This will be a real struggle for me but my daughter has given up sweets, fizzy drinks and chocolate in the last few years and been successful so I must be able to! She is 10 for goodness sake :)

Back