What are you looking forward to?

Lovely_Laura

Moooooo
Short, medium, long term?

It's always lovely to have things to look forward to. My life (don't think I'm alone) is so often day to day with nothing much happening but it's nice to have an event coming up.

For me short term: Wedding anniversary (10 years yikes I'm getting old:() in June and husband and I are going away for 3 childfree days to the sea. Self catering so I can cook and be good, I'm even going to a SW meeting while we're gone to be good. Quite proud of myself for that lol.

Medium term:Struggling here, can't think of much

Long term: I want to enjoy the summer not dread it, I was sat on the loo earlier (I do alot of thinking there:p) boiling hot from a busy morning and hating the summer already. That will change, next year I'm going to like it! Also, just doing more with the children. Took them to an adventure park last weekend which in itself is an achievement for me because I normally stay home. This time next year though I will not only go with them but join in. I'll still be fat but a more normal fat. :giggle:

Anyone want to join me with looking to the future? :)

Short term - I'm looking forward to the two weddings I have coming up over the next few weeks. One is in Italy next weekend and then another at home just 12 days later. I have a gorgeous dress & fab shoes to wear and since I've got a lot of my confidence back, I'll not be trying to blend into the background!

Medium term: seeing a friend that I haven't seen for 3 years in August. I haven't mentioned that I've been losing weight and I'm hoping she won't recognise me! And while she's here, we'll be planning our dream holiday...which leads me on to.....

Long term: the dream holiday! Hopefully will be sometime in 2012 and although it won't be a bikini type holiday, I want to be looking good in a bikini by then.

I'll still be fat but a more normal fat.

I can completely relate to this...that's exactly how I feel now :) I can buy clothes in most 'normal' shops and I don't feel any more that everyone is looking at me and judging me. Even though I know I have a long way still to go, it's a good feeling. It'll not be long til you're there too, Laura!

Short term - hitting target in 7lb and my celebration of the weight loss at the end of July - jumping out of a plane (i gotta be mad)

Medium term - coming to terms with the new me and using the strength/determination that i found in the Slimming World journey to help improve other areas of my life and finally fix some of the problems I've let develop/fester for a long long time.

Long term... to be happy, attached, and enjoying life. and to still be at target.

Short term - Another dress size down before my 30th birthday in July

Medium term - in about 4-5 months to take my eldest son to a theme park and not worry thinking 'will I fit on this ride?'

Long term - Going to Hamburg in June 2011 and seeing Scooter, first time flying knowing i'll be able to fit in a seat and cope with a 4 hour concert standing up because I will have more energy.

Short term - looking forward to my sons 4th birthday party and seeing people I have not seen since xmas, wearing a new summery outfit and be 5 stones down (hopefully, another 23lbs to go!!!)

Medium term - weight Being in the teens and dropping more dress sizes, feeling fitter and lighter and less self consious, fitting on theme park rides

Long term - to be alot healthier, to be able to run around and play with the kids more, be a size 12-14 have more confidance and feel generally happier! and last but not least...to plan my wedding day!!! x

Short term: getting back on track and that feeling of excitement on seeing a loss on the scales.

Medium term: going to Alton Towers in the autumn and not worrying about being too fat for the rides. Going on adventure training/other activites with cadets and not worrying about kit not fitting. I would love to go gliding (something I have never done in nearly a decade of cadets mainly since I didn't get chance in my early cadet years, and then I was too heavy-weight limit of just over 100kg).

Long term: I've several things I would love to do in the future. I would love to join the forces as a nursing officer, and know for a fact that I'm too overweight for that. I would love to learn to horse ride but wouldn't want to do that at my current weight. I would love to do a parachute jump. I want to look good in a wider variety of clothes, my sister has some lovely summer dresses and I would love to wear something like that, but as they're a tight type, they just wouldn't look good on my figure.

You all some some amazing things you're looking forward to. The best part is no one is stopping us! To a bright future everyone.:party0036:

Short term I just want to start losing weight :) lol

Both my sons have a Birthday in July. But the eldest birthday (25th July) I would like to be 2 stone down.

Long term, the same as every time I try to lose weight. Just want to look and feel fabulous and not provide something for my kids to be teased about :)

Short term: Going to Sonisphere festival at the end of July. Want to get to 3 stone lost by then, maybe the half way point if I can do it! Wanna look and feel the best I can.

Medium term: Getting to goal and finally being confident enough to be myself. Hopefully by this time next year! Also getting a tattoo as a reward! lol

Long term: Travelling to Africa to do some volunteer work with animals. Maybe the more common species or Great White Sharks since sharks are my fave animals :D Might end up doing both things, just see how things go.

Great idea for a thread! :)

Short term - Get my weightloss going again and get into the 13s (12lb away.)

Medium term - get a healthy BMI and get into size 12-14 clothes (hopefully by autumn.)

Long term - to reach my goal weight, maintain long-term and finally feel comfortable in my own skin. Being able to buy and feel good in smaller clothes sizes will be wonderful. And more importantly, remaining healthy and continuing to become stronger and fitter.

Lovin this thread !
Short term .... enjoying people commenting on my weight loss and seeing it can be done.

medium.... Being comfortable in summer wearing cool light clothing, rather than dressing like it's mid- winter.

Long term... Being a happy healthy mum to my little girls who i adore and want to be able to run round the park with them without keeling over... and finally to be able to set a date for our wedding without the dread of trying on dresses. x

Hiya Laura!

short term-to reach my 1 stone mark(3lbs to go)hopefully i will get that 2moro at weigh in

medium term-to reach under the 25 stone mark as i dont remember when i was last at that weight

long term-to get to wot i was before(another 12 st 3lbs) and be able to walk down the street again with my head held high in stead of down as i dread people looking at me and passing nasty comments due to my weight,and to do all the things i used to do when i was slimmer and of course to go to sunny florida for the first time in my life and feel good and look good walking a long the beach

What a great thread :D

Short term - enjoying summer this year as I'm now able to wear nice clothes (as I can easily get into a 16 now rather than the 22 I was at the start). I can feel cool in my shorter skirts and little tops instead of hot n sweaty in voluminous ankle skirts and tent like baggy tops

Medium term - making the most of my increasing confidence and perhaps getting a new and better job (cos I deserve it!) and maybe even find myself a new fella (cos I deserve that too! :p)

Long term - keep developing my fitness and hopefully build up to running a half marathon. I've always wanted to do the Great North Run and I really believe I can achieve that now. The main long term goal though is keeping the weight off :D

short term - start losing some weight and hopefully go down a stone before the start of my new job and get into the 200's! :)

medium term - get some nice new clothes, once i'm at 240 its the smallest ive ever been in my living memory! outside weightloss save up as much as i can for a deposit on a property :)

long term - july 2011 - finally meet my best friend Thomas from the Netherlands who i've known for 2 years and tell him that i love him. ive been too scared to meet him until i lose my weight. but i know at 140lbs or so i'll be gorgeous and confident in my own skin. the thought of meeting him is pretty much my inspiration. i talk to him for hours and hours each day and to finally confess my feelings for him and hopefully for him to say it back would be a dream come true for me :)

Short term
Get the first month of my new life underway (12 days to go)
Medium term
start to wear the clothes i used to wear 2 +years ago ( i want my jeans on again)and be a lot more mobile
Long Term
to have reached my goal and to keep the weight under control,enjoy life and be able to go out and do all those things ive missed out on

What a great thread :D

Short term - enjoying summer this year as I'm now able to wear nice clothes (as I can easily get into a 16 now rather than the 22 I was at the start). I can feel cool in my shorter skirts and little tops instead of hot n sweaty in voluminous ankle skirts and tent like baggy tops

Medium term - making the most of my increasing confidence and perhaps getting a new and better job (cos I deserve it!) and maybe even find myself a new fella (cos I deserve that too! :p)

Long term - keep developing my fitness and hopefully build up to running a half marathon. I've always wanted to do the Great North Run and I really believe I can achieve that now. The main long term goal though is keeping the weight off :D

omg you have done so well!! i am so envious- go you! xx

i'm looking forward to walking into topshop and buying ANYTHING in a size 16!! especially jeans cause ive never been able to do that. i sit and fantasise about it at night when im having a bath, how sad hehe x

Short term - to loose another 28lbs and reach 5 stone off before my summer holiday to majorca 17/07/10. To fit in the seat belt on the plane without having to ask for an extension piece.

Medium term - to loose another 5 stone before Christmas and be able to wear something nice and be more active with the kids.

Long Term - to complete the weight loss journey, get to a healthy BMI and maintain so I can enjoy life with my hubby and gorgeous wee girls and so they won't get teased for having a fat mum. Be able to visit theme park's when they're a bit older without me having to worry about not fitting on the rides.

omg you have done so well!! i am so envious- go you! xx

Oh bless ya Colly Strings. That is really kind of you to say that. I do feel so much better but I've still a fair old way to go and I've hit a plateau so I've in the terrible, terrible situation of having to eat more to try and kick start my metabolism again. I think I was burning my calories per day with my exercising than I was actually consuming. Very difficult to believe if you knew what I used to be able to put by!! :8855:

Back