What are your favourite Healthy Extra's?

MissHP

Silver Member
Hi all :)

I seem to get stuck in a rut with having the same healthy extra's, so thought it would be interesting to see what everyone's favourite healthy extra's are?

What's your favourite?
How do you use/eat them/include them in a meal?

I know its probably been done before, but there are often new healthy extra's that come up that people may not know about it they don't go to classes.

At the moment my favourites/most often eaten are:

HEA - 42g cathedral city lighter cheddar
HEB - 2 aldi less than 70 cals bars - i love the choc and orange one for a sweet fix :17729:
HEB - Weetabix, just because its so easy and no worries about weighing :)

Hxx

My of my fave B choices is Ryvita wholegrain cracker breads! Love them topped with nutella & sliced banana, or cheese spread & marmite. YUM! x

HEA
Semi skimmed milk - in teas throughout the day, and in my muesli in the morning.
Cathedral city lighter - I usually just snack on this with some grapes, sometimes I'll grate over pasta

HEB
Wholemeal bread - toast in the morning, or a sandwich at lunchtime with a big salad
Pitta bread - LOVE this! I have it stuffed with chicken breast, tuna, eggs or ham as a lunchtime sandwich
Finn crispbreads - usually a snack with cottage cheese
Pagen wholegrain krisprolls - snack, with laughing cow light and jam with a tea
Fibre plus bar - snack or breakfast on the go. I always have one in my handbag
Alpen light bars - as above
Porridge - my absolute fave breakfast! I have it as bircher muesli, soaked overnight in milk then mixed with plain yogurt and chopped fruit in the morning.

Milk or cheese as A and Bread or Weetabix as B.

I use 1 HEXA and 1 HEXB for toast and coffee every day. Sometimes 1 HEXA for cheese at lunch or with my tea, and my other HEXB I use on chicken, olive oil, nuts/seeds, whatever I need to make my dinner yummy :(

Most work days my HExs are 250ml semi skimmed milk & an oat so simple porridge sachet (with grated apple and cinnamon stirred in).

At weekends I vary it up a bit though my As are usually milk (or split milk and cheese),B- 57g wholemeal roll (for burgers), 28g ready brek (used to make pancakes), HiFi bars or alpen lights

HEA - Milk
HEB - Weetabix.

I LOVE THE WEETABIX! :D I have loads of strawberries and raspberries with them. Breakfast is by far my favourite meal of the day. :)

Mine are:-

HEA - 42g low low
HEB - 42g Weetabix crunchy Bran for breakfast - mmmmmmmm

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

My HEA is aaalways skimmed milk in tea/coffees in the day or the tin bit i add on my cereal in the morning, not a fan of cheese, suppose thats a good thing!. My HEB is ryvita minis most of the time or cereal bar!

Back