What are your staple syns?

NewSlimmerMe

Just out of curiosity, what do you all regularly spend your syns on and what would you never consider spending them on?

We all have very different weaknesses so this might be interesting.

2 syns almost daily on Options
2.5 a couple of times a week on full fat Heinz salad cream
1/2 a syn daily on 2 pieces of SF gum
1 syn a couple of times a week for 8 green/black olives
1 syn for a tbsp of Ketchup when I have a burger
3 syns a couple of times a week on an extra Ryvita fruit crunch

I think without the above I really would feel like I was on a proper diet!

I vary rarely use them for chocolate and will probably only use them for alcohol every couple of months. I'll probably never use for crisps... unless I desperately need a chilli Dorito fix, but can't see that happening any time soon.

Please share!

Last edited:
usually a shwartz packet used in a meal, and some varietys of sauce..

but i wont lie.. since discovering Britmums oreo cheesecake.. im going to be eating this as many times as syns permit in the week untill im sick of it lol.. its amazing!

1 syn for my ketchup with my (dry) fried egg brown roll for brekkie (hexb) and then booze mainly! I would never use it on butter/margarine though. Other than that I have no specifics :)

regular (daily):

gin (2.5 for 25ml)
wine (6 for 175ml)

Couple of times a week:

cornflour for thickening / other ingredients for cooking (1 -2 syns usually)
vlf mayo (0.5 per tbsp)
marg in a sandwich

Once a week or less regularly

I bake (real!) cakes and syn them properly
eating out

Never / hardly ever:

chocolate bars
syns on a ready made version of something I could do myself for free (eg soups and 'convenience' products)

I always save mine for chocolate, otherwise I would feel really deprived. I like the fact that I can have a controlled "binge" and it's still within the eating plan and I can still lose weight. They usually go on a Crunchie (9 1/2 syns) or a Dairy Milk (All varieties 12 syns.)

When I'm at work I always spend 2 1/2 on Aldi instant noodles, chow mein flavour because they're quick and easy.

• Always 1 glass of wine during the week.
  • Always wine & chocs on a Saturday night, which can be anything from 40-70 syns:eek:
  • Sugar in my porridge but only if I'm having it with rhubarb
  • 500grm tub of yeo valley Bluberry fat free yoghurt 3 syns - bargin:D
  • Quorn sausages & other quorn products
I wouldn't use my syns on cake, or like Angie said on convenience foods I could make myself.

In an average week I will probably have most of the following at one time or another:

• Hi fi bars (5.5 or 6)
  • Alpen light bars (3)
  • Heinz Extra Light Salad Cream (1 per tbsp)
  • Fat free cottage cheese with pineapple (1)
  • Mini Babybel Light (2)
  • Chinese Takeaway (My normal order comes out to 25 syns, and if I do this then I have weekly instead of daily syns.)
  • Mullerlight yogurt - the one with the cherry layer on the bottom (2)
  • An extra weetabix at breakfast (3)
Not all that much variety!

Not all that much variety!

Well that's what I thought, I thought we would all have our regular uses for them. Stuff we can't do without or just make the day a little easier!

usually every day i have a bag of velvet crunch or lindt red ball
when i make curry i have a mini naan and poppodoms
once a weekish gravy
maybe once a month on alcohol
i never have marg/butter

Generally snacky things like Velvet Crunch, Mugshots (when theyre synned!), Mikados, Minimilks and also 'drizzles' of sweet chilli sauce (one of my faves- I have it on all sorts of things), maple syrup (on my salmon fillets), mango chutney, Mayflower curry sauce on my SW chips. I've recently started to syn milk that I have on my cereal because it's only usually 100mls of skimmed which is 1.5 syns so it frees up my HEXa (on EE). If I have plenty of syns to spare I sometimes have something chocolatey- my recent treat is a few Minieggs as they're everywhere I look at the moment!!X

Before I reached target most of my syns were used on alcohol, gravy & in cooking.
Since reaching target, and struggling to stop losing weight my syns are still spent on more alcohol, including wine, some chocolate (which I totally gave up when joining SW, extra hi-fi bars, cheese and now and then a pub meal like I had today... fish & chips, and the odd slice of pizza!

Mine go mostly on extra light mayo, tomato sauce, and other sauces.
But I do have caramel Freddo's (I love Freddo's!) quite regularly and the odd KitKat or Club biscuit.
I always save up a few syns to have a proper size bar of chocolate and a drink or two at the weekend :D

Let me think ...

• butter
  • bread (before I got extra HEs)
  • cheese (as above)
  • curry paste
  • coconut milk
  • pesto
  • mango chutney
  • golden syrup
  • honey
  • meat free stuff
  • coleslaw
  • fruit juice
  • flour

Mine goes mostly on wine, butter and gravy:) When i do roast pork it goes on crackling!

infact im enjoying a nice glass of sauvingon blanc right this second:)

• Vodka at the weekend
  • Hot Sweet Chilli Sauce
  • Reggae Reggae sauce
  • Mikados
  • Jelly Tots
  • Oil in chinese foods

I go through so many stages it's difficult to say. I always weigh-up syns in terms of my current favourite. At the moment I am using nearly all my syns on creme eggs and whenever I look at any other synnable food I work out the creme egg equivalent. e.g. I could either have a pitta bread with lunch or a creme egg, or is a glass of wine worth half a creme egg?

One thing I would never use my syns for is fizzy drinks. I have just spent some time with a friend who is trying to lose weight but ALWAYS gets full fat coke/pop- I wouldn't dream of wasting syns on pop!

One thing I would never use my syns for is fizzy drinks. I have just spent some time with a friend who is trying to lose weight but ALWAYS gets full fat coke/pop- I wouldn't dream of wasting syns on pop!

I'm with you on that one! I've always preferred the taste of Diet Coke anyway!

Options hot choc, mini milks and asda treat size choc bars. Very rarely cheee sauce.

I have a 30g bag of salted peanuts 3/4 times a week(8.5 syns per bag)
gravy or sauces like sweet chilli
a square of dark choc occasionally

Back