What are your weight loss food heroes???

ellenwillbeskinny

I need chocolate now!!!
I was just wondering what everyone's favourite foods were since they started their weight loss plan? Which foods are essential to your new diet?
My nominations goes first to EGGS - they are the original fast food! Only 2 propoints for a medium egg and it is packed full of protein, iron and other nutrients. A soft boiled egg only takes three minutes to boil and I find protein foods keep me full for much longer than carbs alone. My fav is a quick 3 egg omelette for dinner - onion, tomato, mushroom and garlic fried in 1 tsp of olive oil and then add your seasoned eggs and you have a filling dinner for only 7 pro points!
For a sweet treat my vote goes to WW Caramel Mallows - they really satisfy that sweet craving for only 1 pp each!

What are your food heroes and why?

Oh I forgot to mention Pepsi Max! I know it isn't exactly healthy but I have a glass with my dinner and it makes me feel like I am having something 'nice' rather than just another glass of water.

Great thread idea Ellen! mine is deffo peppermint tea, i hate drinking water but when I'm home I literally sip it all day long and it really keeps hunger at bay. I think it's supposed to help with digestion too:)

Eggs are at the top of my list too. Boiled, poached or in an omelette with loads of peppers, onions, garlic, mushrooms & tomatoes.
Quick easy & very filling. :D.

My other treat is pepsi max too as i drink loads of water 3 - 4 litres per day but no tea or coffee. :) xx

Mine has to be eggs as well ... so versatile can do loads with them....also I think for me it has to be salad cream ......couldn't eat all those salads without it lol x

Thanks for the posts peeps! Eggs seem to rule and rightly so. Tuna is also very good, those little John West tins are so handy and only 2pps. Great to add bulk and protein to a plain pasta sauce and great in a pitta bread with some extra light mayo and onion.
Hope more people post about their fav foods!

I must try the Peppermint tea too Kim, anything that keeps hunger at bay has to be good! I have made up my mind that I won't like it even before I try it as I don't generally like herbal teas but I will give the peppermint a try, thanks.

Sainsbury's do a low fat brussels pate that is really low points for a reasonable sized portion which I have with crispbreads - the flavour on it is so strong it doesn't need a lot and it feels like I'm being very indulgent and not as if I'm eating low fat

ellenwillbeskinny said:
I must try the Peppermint tea too Kim, anything that keeps hunger at bay has to be good! I have made up my mind that I won't like it even before I try it as I don't generally like herbal teas but I will give the peppermint a try, thanks.

Ellen, i hated it first few times drinking it but once I got used to it I absolutely live it:) must buy those wee tins of tuna Hun, love tuna! Just haven't had any in past few weeks:) hope you had a lovely weekend, I was actually overheating in the house today, thunk I'm the only person who can't stand the heat!hehe

You are not the only one who can't handle the heat Kim! Ladies may glow but I sweat profusely. How glamorous lol

Back