What book are you reading?

I LOVED MSN although it took my a while to get into with all the phonetics. Didn't see that ending coming! Haven't read Filth- will stick that on my list.

Yeah you should read Filth, although again it's a bit disturbing!
MSN caused me a couple of sleepless nights, it was VERY descriptive!

Blueway said:
Yeah you should read Filth, although again it's a bit disturbing!
MSN caused me a couple of sleepless nights, it was VERY descriptive!

After reading Sarah and The Heart Is Decietful Above All things by JT Leroy, Irvine Welsh is nothing! If you like disturbing, give them a go x

Blueway said:
Really?? Will check them out, not that I'm a sicko but always looking for something a bit different.

When they were published they were both supposedly biographical which made them bizarre....turns out it was all a hoax, so less disturbing, but good reads!

Ooops....meant series 2. Multi-tasking. :D

Phew, I got a bit panicky for a while:D

I have all the terry pratchetts, only read a few though. I own far to many books, never get round to reading them all!

Me too I'm going to have to stop buying books:cool:

Me too I'm going to have to stop buying books:cool:[/QUOTE said:
Ha ha! I'm a total book addict. They are everywhere and I can't seem to get through a week without buying a new one. And I have a kindle but I tend to download strange free books on that. Sadly I read less now with a family to run around after...

I just read 'Crooked Letter Crooked Letter' by Tom Franklin which was very good.

Here are a few others:
'A Million Little Pieces' James Frey
'Beloved' Toni Morrison
'Lonesome Dove' Larry McMurtry

Also stuff by Isabel Allende, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Robertson Davies, Jilly Cooper (new stuff not so good but Riders, Rival, Polo enjoyable fluff!) ....

Damn, running out of time now. But I actually found the Twilight books silly but COMPELLING and really enjoyed them. I'm off to buy Hunger Games stuff now. I almost got through a whole week without a new purchase ;) Maybe DH wont notice another book :whistle: x

And 'Before I go to sleep' by S J Watson was better than I thought it would be.

Anyone read 'I Capture the Castle' Dodie Smith?

one of my fave books is my signed first edition of The Selfsufficientish Bible. And I'm mentioned on the acknowledgments page lol.

3641713673_5a0e55d952.jpg

for fiction books, I have a few I go back to time and again.
Memoirs of a geisha Arthur Golden
the time traveller's wife audrey niffenegger
the chrysalids john wyndham
the red tent anita diamant
the virgin's tale sherri smith
devil on my back monica hughes
the good earth pearl s buck
rubyfruit jungle rita mae brown....

basically I will read at least a couple of these a year, insterspersed with chicklit and other kinds of novels lol.

I'm a secret sally worboyes fan, it's my mum in law's fault.

Im reading at the mo The Woman He Loved Before sounds a bit mills and boon but its not... Cant really tell you much cause it might spoil it. Lets just say girl meets guy, get married and then girl finds dead wifes diaries and there is note saying "If your reading this I'm dead!" My sister as read it and told me its really good and has a twist you do not see coming. Also on kindle I have Game of thrones book 2 on the go, The power of now, and someone told me to buy JJ Salem tan lines. Im going on a beach holiday this year for three weeks so will need to load my kindle up... The hunger games sounds interesting... off to have a look what that is all about!

For anyone thinking of giving the hunger games a go, they are 3 for £5 in the works if you have one of those shops local to you! Or £5.99 for the collection which looked like it had a box keeping them all together but it's just a rubbish bit of paper round them! Not worth the extra 99p lol! Much cheaper there than anywhere else :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Flibsey said:
one of my fave books is my signed first edition of The Selfsufficientish Bible. And I'm mentioned on the acknowledgments page lol.

for fiction books, I have a few I go back to time and again.
Memoirs of a geisha Arthur Golden
the time traveller's wife audrey niffenegger
the chrysalids john wyndham
the red tent anita diamant
the virgin's tale sherri smith
devil on my back monica hughes
the good earth pearl s buck
rubyfruit jungle rita mae brown....

basically I will read at least a couple of these a year, insterspersed with chicklit and other kinds of novels lol.

I'm a secret sally worboyes fan, it's my mum in law's fault.

I am intrigued by the acknowledgment?

I loved the Time Travellers Wife but I think its a marmite book. And I always recommend The Red Tent to girlfriends. A great read. I'll have a look at your other stuff. John Wyndham was a real fav when I was younger.

icklerockchick said:
For anyone thinking of giving the hunger games a go, they are 3 for £5 in the works if you have one of those shops local to you! Or £5.99 for the collection which looked like it had a box keeping them all together but it's just a rubbish bit of paper round them! Not worth the extra 99p lol! Much cheaper there than anywhere else :) x

Ooohhhhh fab thanks for that x

Ooh I just started reading this - as compelling as some of the Harry Potters IMO.

i have read hunger games but i got half way thru book 2 and got bored so i shelved it and never bothered reading book 3..
i am a huge fan of the percy jackson books and in my opinon they are better then harry potter. greak and roman myths and legends and a egyptian spin off.

i read alot of 'young adult' (9-12 year olds) just because i find the stories fun and imaginative, but i am a huge fan of james patterson type crime books, and the da vinci code style of mystical object needs finding before the bad guys find it.

i am a fan of
james patterson, steve berry, matthew reilly, james rollins to name just a few, i will read anything that tickles my fancy.. will be keeping my eyes open on this thread in future for tips on new books and also for putting my reviews across. ;)

Back