What book are you reading?

i read alot of 'young adult' (9-12 year olds) just because i find the stories fun and imaginative, but i am a huge fan of james patterson type crime books, and the da vinci code style of mystical object needs finding before the bad guys find it.

A work colleague tutted over "kids books" and insisted kids these days read only rubbish so I gave her a couple of Michael Morpurgo books (Private Peaceful and Adolphus Tipps) and she was blown away at the quality of the prose. He's amazing.

Don't even get me started on Dan Brown! All credit to the man for making millions but The Da Vinci Code (and any other book by DB) is on my most disliked book list. :eek:

Korrigan said:
A work colleague tutted over "kids books" and insisted kids these days read only rubbish so I gave her a couple of Michael Morpurgo books (Private Peaceful and Adolphus Tipps) and she was blown away at the quality of the prose. He's amazing.

Don't even get me started on Dan Brown! All credit to the man for making millions but The Da Vinci Code (and any other book by DB) is on my most disliked book list. :eek:

So true some of the "kids" books are miles better than other rubbish that is churned out. And if they help people get into reading because they can fit them in to their busy lives then great! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

my fave kids books are the wich and wizard series by James patterson they are so captivating and you dont want to put them down

any hunger games geeks on here? I just read the final book...cant wait for the movie

any hunger games geeks on here? I just read the final book...cant wait for the movie

read the first one and loved it, have the other 2 lined up on my kindle

currently reading "A is for Alibi" by sue grafton

another 20 odd to read int he series :)

tracy

Yay to all the hunger games fans means we can discuss the movie when it comes out! :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

i loved the first hunger games book, couldn't finish the second, dunno why but my heart wasn't in it.

just finished 'the devils colony - by james rollins' pretty typical book for him. deciding what to take in to work this week. james pattersons - womens murder club or just pick something at random from my to read pile .. hmmm, what to do, what to do :p

All the book talk on here lately inspired me to get back into the Stephen king book I started last year. Read it for a good hour or so earlier, only stopped cos I had to eat dinner :D

After I'm done with that I'm onto The Boys book 9, then hopefully making a start on the hitchhikers guide books if my bf gets them for me for my bday :D

I have to admit that like a few of us on here I prefer books aimed at teens over the grown up style books. I always check the young adult bit in book stores first, then sci fi & graphic novels, then the cookbooks and if I'm not bored by then I'll have a wander around the "normal" fiction bit lol. My favourite books are from the grown up bit though so I guess it all depends!

Fave books btw are A Spot of Bother and The curious incident of the dog in the night time, both by Mark Haddon. Could read them over and over and never get bored.

Oh and Where Rainbows End is a great book too :D

Shutting up now! Too excited about books lol.

I've read Mark Haddon's "Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night" twice it's that good x
Haven't read a Stephen King for a while but always enjoy his books too and as for James Patterson - he is one of my favourite authors - always quick to get into and hard to put down x

dextersmum said:
I've read Mark Haddon's "Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night" twice it's that good x
Haven't read a Stephen King for a while but always enjoy his books too and as for James Patterson - he is one of my favourite authors - always quick to get into and hard to put down x

This is the first Stephen king I've ever read. Apparently it's different to his other stuff but I'd never know lol. Figure I've seen all the films so why read the books! Yes I am that type of person. If I haven't read the book before seeing the film, chances are I won't ever read the book. With a few exceptions! Hitchhikers guide being one!

The only JP I ever read made me cry more than any other book ever has! Haha how sad! It was probably not even that upsetting in terms of sad books. It was Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas.

I'm in a book club and we're currently reading "pure" by Andrew miller. It's good but a bit odd! Our book club used to always be called wine club for obvious reasons but I broke that when I started choosing diet coke instead, too many syns in wine!

This is the first Stephen king I've ever read. Apparently it's different to his other stuff but I'd never know lol. Figure I've seen all the films so why read the books! Yes I am that type of person. If I haven't read the book before seeing the film, chances are I won't ever read the book. With a few exceptions! Hitchhikers guide being one!

The only JP I ever read made me cry more than any other book ever has! Haha how sad! It was probably not even that upsetting in terms of sad books. It was Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas.

Stephen King books are all good.......sometimes I find myself having to remind myself who characters are as he tends to introduce different figures at beginning of story and I find myself flicking back (haha must be my age :eek:)

Back