What book are you reading?

Malc-D said:
i loved the first hunger games book, couldn't finish the second, dunno why but my heart wasn't in it.

just finished 'the devils colony - by james rollins' pretty typical book for him. deciding what to take in to work this week. james pattersons - womens murder club or just pick something at random from my to read pile .. hmmm, what to do, what to do :p

I have all the womens murder club books on my kindle. I love that series of books :)

Currently reading 'You're Next by Gregg Hurwitz. Not read any of his stuff before but was leant it by a work colleague on Friday and got stuck in Saturday. So far, so good. Really enjoying it xx

Reading the new Jill Mansell atm. I love her books, they're so easygoing and happy.

I have all the womens murder club books on my kindle. I love that series of books :)

just put them on mine too, i am glad i read this thread.

i have so many books on my kindle, i think i need to give up work to read them all

tracy

Dunno if its just me being weird but i prefer the feel of a book in my hand?? Anyone else??
I'm reading a book called 88 killer by oliver stark. its a crime novel about a serial killer. bought it after reading American devil by the same author after picking it up from a bag of books at my friends house that were destined for the charity shop!!
i read pretty much anything but after this one will be looking for some chick lit - any suggestions???

Malc the second one is hard work just work through it,its deffo worth it

Yay all the hunger games geeks!!!

I'm currently reading 'A Sister's Gift' by Giselle Green (a.k.a Jodi Picoult) on my kindle.

Am going to look into a book club list to go through next on the advice of a colleague otherwise I always end up reading to same kind of stuff, and would like to try something different but don't know where to start!

Dunno if its just me being weird but i prefer the feel of a book in my hand?? Anyone else??

Definitely. There are many reasons I won't be switching to kindle any time soon: Don't have the money; Love the feel of a book in my hand, turning the pages etc.,; like to read in the bath... etc.

However my mum felt the same as me, and she got her kindle for christmas and totally loves it now. so maybe, one day. She overspends on it though, says it's so easy just to buy a book with one click. I'd be terrified!

I'm currently reading 'A Sister's Gift' by Giselle Green (a.k.a Jodi Picoult) on my kindle.

Am going to look into a book club list to go through next on the advice of a colleague otherwise I always end up reading to same kind of stuff, and would like to try something different but don't know where to start!

our local library has a reference book called something like " who else writes like"... its a brilliant way of looking up someone you enjoy and then seeing a list of other writers you might like who have a similar style. It's also got a bit at the back by genre so you can pick a few names and give them a try.

taskey said:
just put them on mine too, i am glad i read this thread.

i have so many books on my kindle, i think i need to give up work to read them all

tracy

I've got just over 1500 So working my way through them :D read about 1/4 in between being lent normal books from work colleagues. Enjoy! Xc

as long as there are people like us, the printed word will never die. the tactile sensation of a book in your hand, the smell of old pages or new ink. mmmm nothing like a good book.

right now I am on The Trouble with Lichen by john wyndham. it's part of a 1970s paperback box set I'll never part with.

I've just finished reading 'Room' by Emma Donoghue. Hands down best book I have EVER read! I got it for 99p for my Kindle from Amazon after it being recommended to me by numerous people.

Take a few pages to get used to the way the book is narrated but after that I couldnt put it down! I was cursing being at work but still managed to finish it in 3 days! AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

Sinead6uk said:
I've just finished reading 'Room' by Emma Donoghue. Hands down best book I have EVER read! I got it for 99p for my Kindle from Amazon after it being recommended to me by numerous people.

Take a few pages to get used to the way the book is narrated but after that I couldnt put it down! I was cursing being at work but still managed to finish it in 3 days! AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

I agree, that's a brilliant book

I've also got Room after recomendations on here, but it's in the pile of books to read. I may read it after Game of Thrones;)

OMG I am a total Hunger Games geek , the books are stunning , read the first one in a day ...and since having my kids I havent managed to read any books in less than a month ...(think I must have forgotten to feed them for a day or 2 .... .) I am very excited about the film and hope it doesnt dissapoint :)
I would say Dean Konntz is my all time favourite aurthor , I have read every single one of his books ( and there are hundreds ..... ) , Room was an amazing book , and Flowers in the Attic , Harry Potter , His Dark materials trilogy ( northern lights etc ) , jodi Picolt are all some of my faves ...

at the moment I am reading ' Before I go to sleep ' by S J Watson which is great ...

I am another of the people who always said I wouldnt like a kindle .. but then I won £1000 at bongo and decided to try it out as my book cases were stuffed .. and I love it , find I read far more now its so simple to get books :)

I'm not on the third of the Hunger Games books. I LOVE Peeta!!! :)

Has anyone read Sister, by Rosamund Lupton? I felt it was stunning, especially for a first novel. It was beautifully written & quite moving.

if anyne has before i go to sleep in paperback I will gladly take it off their hands when theyve finished with it, i am dying to read it

ejgemmag said:
if anyne has before i go to sleep in paperback I will gladly take it off their hands when theyve finished with it, i am dying to read it

Sorry I read it on the iPad x

Have you tried readitswapit.co.uk you put on all the books you'd like to swap & find somebody with a book you'd like & 'ask' them for a swap. I've swapped loads of books this way & best of all you only pay for the postage.:D

Back