What books are you reading?

tubbynomore

Gold Member
What motivation (not necessarily weight related) or weight loss books are you reading and what would you recommend?

I have just bought The Motivated Mind - Raj Persaud off ebay just waiting for it to arrive :D

Eating Less by Gillian Riley is very good. I read it regularly in the hope that the ideas will eventually sink in :)

I've read about 50 different weight loss/psychology books in the past 2 years (I have an obsessive streak :p) but Eating Less is by far the best.
Hazel
x

I'm a divil for weight loss books too. I liked beyond chocolate but for me I think intuitive eating will only work for maintenance not weight loss so I might look at this route again when I've lost the weight.
Also I bought a slim pod and I think they are brilliant but again I was too impatient to lose the weight so I think I'll start listening to it again before I refeed. There is a slimpod thread in general weight loss.

I've just finished a great book, and would highly recommend it as a maintenance for us using exante, as it's low carb.

Neris & India's Idiot proof diet, it's got a pink cover. I downloaded it last night onto the iPad and finished it literally minutes ago. I just got what they where saying, they're obviously normal people like us which makes a difference when you read any book on weightloss. I've bought it on amazon for my friend who like me is always trying on some diet or the other.

On a non weightloss book, I'm reading confessions of a gp, kinda funny but only just started

Kate

I've heard of 'Beck' is it becks diet solution? It's cheaper on eBay than amazon but there are a few different ones I want to get the right one

It has some great reviews

My book The Motivated Mind came this morning, started reading it before I fell asleep!
I'll get Eating Less by Gillian Riley as recommended by Hazel, and the beck book DQ suggested. Enough to keep me going for a while! :D

Nursetubs il await the reviews :) think I may pick up a copy of the beck book tomorrow

shell09 said:
I've heard of 'Beck' is it becks diet solution? It's cheaper on eBay than amazon but there are a few different ones I want to get the right one

It has some great reviews

Yes beck diet solution pink book I got mine on amazon but apparently it's cheaper in that cheap book shop the works :)

Thanks dustqueen I shall shop around for a bargain :)

I just finished 'Wideacre' by Philippa Gregory and all I can say is "Oo-er!" It was pretty good though. Now carrying on with re-reading the Harry Potter's - 'Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban' at the moment :)

I just finished wildacre too. I know what u mean! Still just started the sequel the favoured child. The Harry potters are great was never fussed on the films but finished the books before Christmas and they were so much better than I was expecting.

I have just bought Michael McIntyre's autobiography, went on ebay to buy Beck's but got sidetracked :p

Back