What can I do to improve the curry?

LastEverDiet

Silver Member
Ergh, mild curry for dinner and just couldn't finish it - and I always clear my plate! I think the problem is that I don't like the taste or the texture, a doubly whammy! Have about 6 packs left... any ideas to make it better? Thank you!:D

Thanks for the suggestion! I tried adding some extra curry powder but that made it worse :( today I had it with stir-fried cabbage and slim noodles to try and reduce the flavour a bit, but that was worse too! At the moment I've just taken the remaining packs and hidden them in a different cupboard (it makes me cross when I don't enjoy my dinner, lol!)

Bin it ;)

I thought I'd like it as really like the chilli but I can't stand it.

I'm going to punt them on ebay - as I can't send them back to the company. ..

Add chicken and mushrooms? I didn't like it at first but it's grown on me.

Thanks for all the suggestions! Think I'll leave it for a couple of weeks (until the memory of the last attempt has receded a bit, shudder) and then try it with chicken and veg. If that fails, will see if anyone wants them on ebay... if no joy there, the bin it is! :D Funny how different people's tastes are - I could eat the chilli all day long!

I loved it last time round but can't bear it this time. Think the only way to make it more palatable is to add the full allowance of veg, something you get loads of like broccoli heads or cabbage to overpower the taste. I tend to put loads of lee & perrins on the packs that I've gone off- not allowed but doesn't affect me so I crack on.

I'm very late to this thread but the thing that improved it for me was a level teaspoon of Splenda. It just needed sweetening up a bit in my opinion! :)

I'm very late to this thread but the thing that improved it for me was a level teaspoon of Splenda. It just needed sweetening up a bit in my opinion! :)

Whilst I'm sure it's a useful suggestion, the original post was over a year ago :( and also it wouldn't be suitable for slim.and save as you are not allowed granulated sweetener - only tablet :)

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Back