what can I do with left over chicken

we had roast chicken and salad for our tea tonight, and I have half of it left over in my fridge. Does anyone have any different idears what to do with it for a meal tomorrow. I usually make a curry out of it. Just Im getting a little fed up with the usual. Any food idears would cheer up otherwise boring cold chicken... thanx:break_diet:

Chicken risotto-Free on EE

Add anything you like, I tend to add mushrooms, sweetcorn & Peas.

Gradually add soy sauce as it's cooking aswell...really tasty.

I just use normal rice aswell...just as nice.

Spicy Sweet Potato Boats

A fave in this household on green day using chicken as HE i made it up myself last week after adapting a chiquitos meal, and my other half loves it.

Halve a large sweet potato lengthways and put in the oven at 180 degrees, spray with fry light, season with salt and pepper, roast until soft.

Meanwhile, spray a pan with fry light add 1 large chopped garlic clove, 1 chopped red onion until brown / soft. Add 1 tin of chopped tomatoes, dried red chilli flakes or fresh red chilli, oregano and basil, 1 tsp of chicken bovril, mix in chicken season with salt and pepper and heat through - simmer on low until potatoes are ready.

Take potatoes out of oven, top with chicken mixture and sprinkle with HE of mature cheddar, grill until brown and bubbling.

Honestly it's delicious.... :D

I also use left over chicken in quiches

or stuff peppers with the left over chicken, kidney beans, mushroooms, onions, tomatoes and chilli (again i use a HE cheese)

How about mixing with bacon, creme fraiche and chives as a Jacket Pot filling? (or EL Hellmans Mayo?)

Chinese chick and sweetcorn soup....very quick and easy to make.

I sometimes use the left overs for quick meals such as using a pasta sauce and just throw in the chicken and maybe some sweetcorn or cooked broccoli into the pan towards the end of cooking. I also do the same with the curry flavoured savoury rice.

I sometimes make the SW Egg fried rice and add the chicken to it with some extra soy sauce.

Make a chicken and saus hot pot, the recipe is on here somewhere....but that is also curried.

I like to have a j/pot with cold cuts. Add some low syn coleslaw or potato salad, some grated cheese, a little salad if you like.

Cold pasta salad, add the chicken, some peppers, sweetcorn, cherry toms etc

Back