What can I do with remaining quark?

Kim&Leah

Silver Member
I have 3/4 of a pot of quark left that needs using up.
In the house I have quorn pieces, mushrooms, pasta, potatoes, spaghetti, herbs and spices, eggs, beans
Any ideas what I can do with it?

Someone posted earlier than they froze it quite successfully and then used it in carbonara another time.
Otherwise do a pasta bake and toss the cooked pasta in the quark before mixing with the veg to make it a bit "creamy"

Oh thanks I'll freeze it then. I had carbonara last night and wasn't too keen on it so don't fancy it again xx

Have you tried the sw cheesecake - it's so yummy.

1 alpen light - half heb or 3.5 syns (I think)
White choc options - 2 syns.

mix the choc options into quark & squash the alpen light into a small container and then put the quark over top.

THIS IS GORGEOUS - and very filling and very lovely for 5.5 syns or have two alpen lights and use as a full heb and 2 syns.

I add sweetener and have as a cream substitute with strawbs for dessert when I have a bit let and nothing to do with it! I love it like that & my OH really likes it too.

hi
I have same dilema - a whole tub of quark n not sure what to do with it. love sound of the cheesecake but don't 'get' how to make it - please could you tell me in simple terms - does it need baking/setting etc and how much quark
many thanksx
icon5.gif

No cooking on Cheesecake.

Just break up the alpen light as much as possible so it resembles crumbs - if you can, they're a bit sticky - but adds to the scrummyness.

Press the crumbs into the bottom of a small dish - like a ramakin - mix the quark (half a tub) with the white chocolate options and mix well - so it's a little less stiff.

then spoon over the alpen light crumbs and flatten. I put ours back in the fridge for a little while but it doesn't really firm up much, but it;'s REALLY tasty.

and low syn and really filling.

Good luck

Thank you for the tips.. I like the cheesecake idea but I don't have any other ingredients in and i'm trying to use everything up that I already have in before I go shopping again which isn't going to be until Monday. I do like the cream idea though!

Back