What can I do with rhubarb??

suki-meg

Hiya just wondering what I can do with rhubarb cause I have been given loads of the stuff lol - any ideas? I love rhubarb crumble so has anyone got a good recipe?

You can have stewed rhubarb as an HEB, not sure of the amount. If you want to do a crumble you'll need to syn it.

Denise

My inlaws gave me a load the other day, I just stewed it (in a pan with a few tbsp water and couple of tbsps sweetener) then put it in a tupperware in the fridge till I could decide what to do with it.

So far, I've had it stirred into my mid morning rice pudding snack (yesterday was boiled pudding rice mixed in fat free vanilla yoghurt. I used up all my fat free vanilla and my local co-op didnt have any more, so todays rice is proper baked rice pudding from one of the other receipes on here - very nice)

Last night, I put a few spoonfuls of the rhubarb mix into ramekin dishes then made a crumble topping made up of 28g low fat marge, 2x Oats so Simple sachets, a teaspoon of brown sugar and a couple of tablespoons of sweetener. Put that on top of the rhubarb mix and baked for 15 mins. That was for 2 of us, and I admit I didnt work out syns, but you would have to syn the oats, the brown sugar, the marg and the stewed rhubarb - or if you had a spare HEXB you could count the oats as that.

Still have some stewed rhubarb left which I plan to use in some ready made meringue nests (mine are co-ops own which are 50 calories so 2 1/2 syns each), will serve with some quark mixed with white choc options and sweetener.

198g of rhubarb stewed with or without artificial sweetener is 0.5 syns.
I love mine topped with 0% greek yoghurt

Hiya,

If you ever get to much to use , you could always freeze it.
Wash, chop into chunks and place enough into bags for your portion required and sprinkle canderel on it and freeze.
When required pop straight into pan with little water and cook accordingly

Jane

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back