What can I do with scallops?

MrsSlimToBeSample

I bought some Scallops a few weeks ago and got them out the freezer last night for tea tonight, problem is I've never cooked them before EVER haha so I have no idea how to cook them or even what to do them with!!

Does anyone have any ideas/receipies, Im on Red day?

Thanks in Advance :p

Scallops??!?

Ive put this request in the recepie seciton to but....

Ive bought some scallops, how do I cook them and what do they go with, any red day scallopy meals anyone??

I dont even know if ive ever tried them before let alone cooked them! :D

Try not to double post as it just confusing and someone has to move your duplicate thread. For recipes and cooking advice I also turn to www.bbcgoodfood.com - if you do a search I'm sure you'll come up with lots of interesting recipes that can be made SW friendly. And as far as I know you just pan fry scallops for a very short time otherwise they become rubbery.

As well as pan-frying them, you can also poach them in milk.

As far as accompaniment goes, they're traditionally paired with black pudding, which is a delicious combination, but not SW friendly.

They're quite sweet and delicate tasting, so perhaps a simple salad with fat-free vinaigrette might work nicely?

How about serving them on on top of a simple shallot and red pepper rissotto?

To cook them.... heat frying pan, spray with frylight, place them like a clock, so one at 12 etc and go clock wise with them, when you've finished putting the last one in, it's time to turn over the first one, when they've all been turned off take them out in the same order..... not sure if that makes any sense, but good luck xxx

Mmm scallops.. I do a seafood risotto with them + prawns, sometimes other seafoods too. Not sure about red day meals using them, could you use them in surf and turf? I agree with Scanbran they go well with black pudding - not very SW friendly but small 28g slices of black pudding are only 3 syns each and I reckon it's worth it :)

well explained Louise!
I was trying to figure out how to say literally show them the pan
yep a nice salad on the side would be good

Thank you so much ladies!

I understand what you mean about the clock cooking in the pan, I didnt know thats why they did it though!! Thanks for the tip, Ill cook them just like that.

I will be doing them I think then with Roasted Red Peppers & Onions and a side salad yummy.

Appologies for posting twice. :eek:

Thanks everyone so much for your tips!! I really hope I like them! ;)

thats a shame that you didn't like them, i absolutely love scallops, my mouth is watering thinking about them. xx

there is a recipe on the main SW board, and it says basically just to cook them and mix in ginger, lemon zest and juice and spring onions. xx

Back