Induction What can I nibble on?

Alibaliboo

Hi, any suggestions for the inbetweeny snacks to keep metabolism up? I would usually snack on fruit, but as I-ve just started induction, I dont think its recommended???
Alex

Cheese, sliced meats, boiled eggs. Sugar free jelly. I make up the Swiss roll and snack on that.

There is sadly no fruit you can really 'snack on' during Atkins - except rhubarb! A bowl of rhubarb stewed with sweeteners is tasty and low carb, and you can keep it in the fridge nice stewed.

I snack on cheese, beef slices, salami etc.

moonlights said:
There is sadly no fruit you can really 'snack on' during Atkins - except rhubarb! A bowl of rhubarb stewed with sweeteners is tasty and low carb, and you can keep it in the fridge nice stewed.

I snack on cheese, beef slices, salami etc.

This sounds fab! On my next shopping list! Thanks ;)

It's because rhubarb is secretly a vegetable ;) also helps keep you regular.

If you have 5-6g carbs to spare, celeriac chips are amazing. About 200g sliced then cut into chip shapes, rolled in some oil, sprinkled in garlic powder if you like it and popped in the over for 20 mins until soft. Don't expect regular chips, but they feel starchy and they taste parsnippy. I also have them with the Sunday roast. Great as an evening snack with some mayo. I have also been known to put a dab of butter on a slice when I miss bread and butter.

Oh and salami crisps - salami slices (I use Napoli) grilled until they go stuff and crispy and taste like big frazzles.

Thanks for the great tips. I read about cheese chips made the same way. They sound delish! Salami crisps!! The list is endless.

Thank you, got heaps of rhubarb, so I will get stewing! I-m sure once stewed, it can be popped into ice cube trays and frozen til needed.

Hi sorry to hijack but starting today and was planning a salad, was just wondering if we can have beetroot? Not pickled or anything just plain boiled beetroot ? Any advice on what can make a salad interesting gratefully received lol x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Beet root isn't on the list for induction I'm afraid - it has a high sugar content :)

Ahh rats, back to the drawing board lol

Thank you though

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I eat those cooked bacon strips from tescos as a snack. It feels like you are eating crisps in a way, you get the flavour and the crunch with no carbs. Cheese is a snack for me too otherwise I dont really snack all that much any more. Just got out of the habit snacking now I am losing weight.

Dont forget Pork Scratchings.

sig:--- Mark 6'4". Was 21 stone, is <19 now, two month goal is 17 stone. BMI says 13 stone but that's just daft.

bigmark66 said:
Dont forget Pork Scratchings.

sig:--- Mark 6'4". Was 21 stone, is <19 now, two month goal is 17 stone. BMI says 13 stone but that's just daft.

Oh boy I love em!! I have half a 80g pack a day. They are my favourite naughty food and now I can have them whenever I want. ;)

I also have beef biltong (it's a type of south African dried meat with spices. ). I grew up eating this stuff every day and now I can have it again every day for a snack. It's similar to beef jerky but so much nicer. No sugar either.

I snack on that and celery and cheese. String cheddar is my favourite because I really make each one last. Loving this diet do much!! :D

Back