What can I take for a cold or cough?

Goreygirl

Gold Member
Hi all

Just found this when I was looking for info on something else.

"VLCDs contain all the nutrients required for normal health but when you a fighting an infection you may do this more effectively on a higher energy intake. While you recover you should raise your energy intake to a higher level. Remember that cough and cold remedies often contain sugar so you may want to choose sugar-free versions."

So for those of us who get sick it might help recover to have an extra pack or 2 .. or go up a step.

Thank you so much for posting that..it explains alot. I started with a bad cold last Friday (third day of diet) and I haven't felt right since. Felt a bit better on Sunday and planned to go swimming Monday but woke up feeling quite weak and run down again so didn't go. Didnt even have the energy to go to Next yetserday and collect an order thats ready-and thats not like me lol! I'm feeling the same today and have just logged on here to post about it when I read your post! This might explain the lack of energy and why I can't shake it off. I haven't got a cough so haven't been taking any medicine, just paracetamol. Its my first weigh in tomorrow so I'll mention it to CDC but fingers crossed I'll feel better tomorrow. Thanks again :)

You're welcome :)

Back