What can I take or do for extreme tiredness just before my period?

big bear

A bear on a mission!
Every month I get really really tired & my body aches all over a few days before I am due on & for the first few days. I have no energy and feel awful.

Anyone else suffer like this? What do you do?

Thanks

I suffer with this, in fact I suffering right now and not especially enjoying the 2 lead balloons that I have instead of boobs lol. Sorry, doesn't really help does it lol. I did try evening primrose, some people swear by this but didn't do anything for me.

I've started getting like this and its horrible because life still goes on despite the monthlys but all I want to do is sleep!
Try and plan for it as best you can, don't make any extra arrangements to go out etc around that time if you can help it, get as much rest in as you can, I try and eat some high iron foods like a beef casserole, steak, green veggies etc and lots of early nights where I can....the joys of womanhood!

Get a tub of B vitamin complex, my doc swears that taking high doses of vitamin B6 works wonders, with mood swings and tiredness.

My 'cure' was having a hysterectomy and removing the massive fibroid that had ruled my life for years!

I once had to sit down in the middle of the bathroom aisle of B&Q to avoid fainting!

Oh and avoid salt for last two weeks of your cycle, increase your fluids.

Thanks ladies, its just the last 6 mths I've started to feel like this. I'll try the vit b & up my iron intake too.

bunnylovesalan said:
I am like this now, my period is due soon - I just sleep and be moody - it will pass ;)

Hope it passes soon lol...its horrible especially when you need to keep going because of the little ones as you know!

big bear said:
Hope it passes soon lol...its horrible especially when you need to keep going because of the little ones as you know!

I had crippling pains as well which meant I couldn't even speak! Duvet days were the best!

I have crippling pains which make me scream cry and keel over in public damnit! I haven't found anything that cures it :( x

bevhunter1986 said:
I have crippling pains which make me scream cry and keel over in public damnit! I haven't found anything that cures it :( x

My cure won't suit you lol.

bunnylovesalan said:
I have really painful periods after pregnancy - werid how your body changes!!!

Me 2, after having Eryn I lost a lot of blood & nearly needed a transfusion since then each month they've been getting worse.

Ask for an ultrasound to rule out Fibroids, when they're little they're easy to get rid of!

I've never regretted my 'hoperation' but this thread confirms it!!!

Mine started innocuously after son 2nd child was born, over the years it gradually got worse, until for about 20 days of the month I was in pain, the pain started at ovulation and got steadily worse, until I shut down and could barely speak, no relief when 'it' came as I had to change every hour.

Now I can wear light clothes, buy nice knicks, and am pain free! Well almost I still get hormonal pangs!

Back