What can't you SS on slim fast???

I would like to know why I cannot have just 3 shakes a day on slim fast? It says each shake is a meal replacement providing all the nutrients you need. So whats the problem? :confused:

Basically, because it doesn't have all the nutrients you need;) It has enough to replace breakfast and lunch, but not enough for the evening meal which is why slimfast themselves say you must add that meal.

Along with that, it would be very hard to SS on slimfast. The extra carbs would mean you wouldn't go into ketosis and would be really hungry.

Because slimfast is sugary rubbishy cr*p, which you get hungry from about 5 minutes later, coz its just filled with rubbish. Try protein shakes instead, or cambridge. Sorry to be so blunt!

Kisses
Ida xx

Just thought you'd want to know that not all people are against sf.
I know everyone says SF its crap but I lost a lot of weight on it (about 5st) and kept it off for years until I got pregnant again with my son.
I don't know what people are talking about in regards to sf to be honest. I've tried both and I actually found Sf filled me up a lot more than Cambridge ever did so was actually easier to stick to.
I'm off to buy some more for New Year ;)

Just to confirm that SF is a great product IF you do what it says and have a meal as well, it is not a meal replacement diet such as Cambridge because the balance of nutrients is not safe for a complete food replacement programme. If you use it as intended then it is another method of weight loss as SK says.

It certainly isn't "sugary crap" and we at Minimins don't endorce anyone who says the diet isn't effective if used under the manufacturers guidelines.

Mike

Teehee. Got here before me Mike. I was just about to say the same thing :D

I loved the slimfast shakes (admittedly I prefered the CD choc tetras), but they are low GI and when I wasn't doing Cambridge, they kept me going.

Coincidentially, I just logged on to say something about SF on a new thread. How about that.

Can someone please tell me what SS means?? Thanks

SS = Sole Source. So you are just having the diet packs and no other 'normal' food :)

Thanks for that! It was bugging me.:)

Nicely said Mike! :) Totally agree with you 100%

i lost over 2 stone on slim fast 2 shakes a day and 2 apples and loads of water, and think it is a great diet to use, I have been on cambridge but didn't like the taste. New year i'm on it again, for a whole month, I suppose it's what ever works for you. I have tried slimming world and weight watchers and neither worked for me.

i lost over 2 stone on slim fast 2 shakes a day and 2 apples and loads of water, and think it is a great diet to use, I have been on cambridge but didn't like the taste. New year i'm on it again, for a whole month, I suppose it's what ever works for you. I have tried slimming world and weight watchers and neither worked for me.

Glad you find SF works for you but certainly eating only 2 apples with it is NOT the recommended way to do it. I know its tempting to cut corners when we're trying to lose weight but all diets are structured the way they are for a reason.

If SF state you should have one meal a day with it then really thats what you should have. I dont think it would be advisable to advise anyone to only eat a small amount of fruit in place of the recommended meal.

well obviously I wouldn't do it forever, but it gave me the boost I needed, I did say it's whatever works for you, and it definitely worked for me.

well obviously I wouldn't do it forever, but it gave me the boost I needed, I did say it's whatever works for you, and it definitely worked for me.

Ahhh. This is always a difficult 'subject'. Please don't think I'm critizing your chosen method. It's entirely up to you what you want to do.

I do want to reply though for the benefit of any lurkers (especially young ones) that might be thinking of trying it this way, so please bear with me.

What you did, wasn't the Slimfast diet. You did a very low calorie diet using slimfast products. Slimfast are totally against this.

Secondly, anyone doing this method (as in 2 sfs and a couple of apples), may well find they lose weight. You say it worked for you, but what worked? You lost weight. Is that all that matters though?

What about health? What about keeping it off?

Again, please don't think I'm attacking you personally. I just think that there's more to this dieting business than eating as little as you can regardless of the health implications.

Also, I think the majority of people would put most the weight back on very quickly.

Okay, I'm sure there are people out there saying but what about all these Cambridge/LL/LT returners? Agreed. But with respect, for whatever reason, the majority don't complete those diets as set out either ie going through the plans to increase carbs, calories etc gradually and reduce the chance of a sudden gain.

So, you said it worked for you, but perhaps your aims were different to most peoples?

Reactions: DQ
I did slimfast last November until Christmas and lost 1.5 stone on it, with the 2 packs + meal as recommended, and didnt feel hungry at all, only downside was obviously like with CD or LL that you cant drink alcohol which I found was the thing I missed most, but I think because you can eat on the plan you dont crave food as much, so I would definitely recommend it but ONLY if you follow it according to the manufacturers guidelines. As Mike said, it does work and is perfectly healthy, but only if you follow it exactly as it is intended to be used!

Good luck! xx

Slim fast is yummy. But I could never stick to it, probably because I was not in ketosis, which makes it just another calorie controlled diet. For some it works, because you can have your shake for breakfast and shake for lunch, and prepare a healthy dinner. Easy in theory say if you have to go to work during the day because you can skip the canteen or the local chinese or the sandwich cart which is all some people really need to do. Me though - no, there's something in higher carb foods that sets me off after a while, so I need a ketogenic approach. Everyone is different.

Slimfast is not sugary crap, no, but I sort of sympathise with the poster who said that, cuz compared to Cambridge it tastes like lolly water. Which is why its so yummy and why I can't stick to it!!!

Well said mike I completely agree.
When I lost that weight I had my main meal in the night as well.
I wouldn't recommend ss'ing with SF if it doesn't completely contain all the nutrients a person needs.

Back