What Christmas food are you most excited about?

Jimoftroy, put it in hot chocolate with whipped cream and marshmallows... It will change your life :) I'm a bit worried just had 5 celebrations to celebrate finishing work and I cant eat anymore... This does not do well for my plans of maximum consumption on Sunday....
Honey roasts sound amazing!!!! X

Due to circumstances beyond my control....I ate my cheeseboard, chocolates, and two lots of liqueuers by yesterday.

I have to replace said chocolates, cheeseboard (hurrah) and as a special treat a bottle of bubbly (I don't normally drink much).

I will try and make them last longer by shopping in the early hours of this coming morning!

No doubt I will probably purchase decadent stuff as I wander around Asda half asleep!

Maximus said:
Due to circumstances beyond my control....I ate my cheeseboard, chocolates, and two lots of liqueuers by yesterday.

I have to replace said chocolates, cheeseboard (hurrah) and as a special treat a bottle of bubbly (I don't normally drink much).

I will try and make them last longer by shopping in the early hours of this coming morning!

No doubt I will probably purchase decadent stuff as I wander around Asda half asleep!

Didn't the cheeseboard hurt yer teef?

Well I'm going to buy a bottle of summat probably Rum (dark) or Baileys ( I dont usually drink much)

Its boxing day I am looking forward too as well - we have a tradition of deep fried smoked brie, saute potatoes and pickles for dinner. It is my favourite dinner of the year by far.

Although I am also rather looking forward to the dark chocolate and caramal tart I am making tomorrow, to be served with spiced plum and amaretto clotted cream ice cream.:eating:

Having said that I feel a little wierd about "letting go", there have been heaps of chocolates and goodies in the office all the week and I have only had 2 quality street. My brain appears stuck on plan, which isn't a bad thing.

Cheese and crackers, sausages wrapped in bacon, roast potatoes, leftover turkey, stuffing and cheese toasties, pringles, roast parsnips......

Shame I'm not at home for Christmas dinner, so looks like I'll be having overcooked turkey, watery gravy and lots of boiled cabbage *barf*

The thing I am looking forward most of all has to be my mums trifle we have with a cheese board in the evening.

She has gone some babybel light for me and I have made some of "Ermintrudes" soft cheese as well, but, oh, the trifle........the thickest custard and cream EVER. Sticks to ya ribs!!!

Back