Christmas treats!!!

kellythepeg

Silver Member
Hello ladies and gents!

I have finally stopped boggling and decided that
I am letting myself have Christmas Day (quite relaxed – but the dinner will be SW friendly for the most part), and Boxing Day (slightly relaxed) and my birthday and trip on the 27[SUP]th[/SUP], 28[SUP]th[/SUP] and 29[SUP]th[/SUP] probably still slightly relaxed but only out of necessity as I’ll be eating out for most meals! I most definitely won’t be having a big dirty fry up or a bag of chips etc – I’ll order as healthily as the menus will allow! I’m thinking pastas, salads, soups, wholemeal sandwiches, will probably take my breakfasts with me so they’re sorted and will be doing all sorts every day so will be constantly on the go!

I have written my Christmas shopping list today and it’s looked pretty OK-ish.. I won’t bore you with the good stuff but here’s a list of my Christmas treats/syns:

-Fresh orange juice (for cooking carrots and sweet potatoes)
-Fresh pomegranate juice (for cooking lamb on Boxing Day)
-Box of celebrations (so I can treat myself to a couple every day – I am surprisingly good at showing restraint when it comes to big boxes of chocolates!)
-Milky ways – my fave :)
-Weight-watchers fresh puddings (microwave treacle sponges, chocolate sponges and crumbles)
-Ambrosia low-fat custard
-Honey (for cooking carrots and parsnips)
-Christmas pudding (hoping they do some EatSmart / NuMe low-fat versions for me – if they are mini then I may get 2!! :))
-Mince pies (again, very good at showing restraint but I HAVE to treat myself to a mince pie at Christmas – I have avoided them for months at work!!)
-Plain peanuts (for sweet chilli prawn noodles on Christmas Eve)
-Wholemeal melba toast (for Slimming World paté starter on Christmas Day)
-Plain green olives in BRINE in a jar (1 syn per 8 olives)
-Cranberry sauce
-Sweet chilli sauce
-Tomato ketchup (for bacon sandwiches!)
-Brown sauce (for bacon sandwiches!)
-Gravy granules for Turkey
-Stuffing
-Leg of lamb (Boxing Day..mmm!)
-Mint sauce
-Stilton
-Smoked cheese

What do you think??? What's everyone else having? And more importantly, am I forgetting anything??? Lol :) x x

That's a good idea Hun.
have you worked out what the total syns will be for everything though as you can easily have hundreds of syns without realising it?

Check out this story called Mrs SoGood......it really does open your eyes

http://www.minimins.com/syn-values/187626-mrs-sogood.html

I am making a ginger bread house from hand
I got ferro rushao selection
J20 with glitter bits
ginger beer (black one)
Christmas cake
christmas pudding (well hubby I hate it ;) )
crossiants
stuffing and yorkies
rest is fairly healthy through choice as I don't like the sluggish feeling you get now that I have been dieting so long the system can't deal with the shock, lol

Too much

croissants with cranberry sauce and Camembert for breakfast with bucks fizz
we have some chocolate biscuits in
will be making mince pies and bakewells (won't be as bad as I always use low fat marge so better then shop bought but not much)
getting some yummy mixed nuts
chicken and salad bar with some nice bread for tea after we've been shopping

will be eating out quite a bit as well :/

I have had 2 nights out drinking and a curry last night and feel like I need to detox already my stomach is doing somersaults and I'm wide awake at silly o'clock drinking peppermint tea lol
I haven't bought too much in extra as thought that would help limit things as i can just have small amounts at mums etc or if I really want something I will have to go out and get it as don't want to put too much on but want to join in with family/friends.

Back