What could i have to knock me out of ketosis?

xKimmiex

Silver Member
I need to come out the day before my operation, wondering what would be best to eat?

Iv also decided I'm going back on ss a week to the day after having my op, (its not a major op!) and tbh I'm in such the right frame of mind ATM I don't want to loose it, also there isn't much option of having long off due to going on holiday, maybe I'm being abit stupid but I need to get back on asap x

Eeep I'm really not sure - it sounds like it could be a question for your surgeon or GP to answer.

Sorry for not being much help :(

Any carbs will take you out of ketosis pretty quick x

If its not a major op I can't see any problem in going back on it after a week, but I would ask your surgeon just to make sure x

Kimmie - you need to make sure you give yourself enough time beforehand. Ketones will show up in your urine and blood samples. I know you are in the zone at the moment, but it would be a real shame to have your op cancelled because something shows up - have you thought about postponing your op?

It's just neating up my downstairs lol! I should be okay :) i had problems with I had my DD had a cut and it never healed but I was about 26stone! So thinner now so that should help! Lol

Setas said:
Kimmie - you need to make sure you give yourself enough time beforehand. Ketones will show up in your urine and blood samples. I know you are in the zone at the moment, but it would be a real shame to have your op cancelled because something shows up - have you thought about postponing your op?

Iv said to OH if they say they want me off for a long time then I will ask to wait till summer for it, been waiting 3 years for it though lol

Just thought, people who have glastic band surgery go on a vlcd after the op? So surely if they can I can? Lol

I would come out about 3 days beforehand. Going to the 1200 plan will get you out of ketosis. It includes carbs. Then I'd focus on the better carbs for a couple of weeks, like porridge, brown bread, wholewheat pasta etc. You can loose weight in this plan, slower than ss but you will still be 'on plan'! Then return to ss if your doc thinks it is safe to do so. I would be guided by your doc as you wouldn't want to jepodise your recovery for the sake of a couple more weeks.

Something healthy you mean?

Brown rice.

But yes, I would do it a few days before not the day before xx

chele80 said:
Something healthy you mean?

Brown rice.

But yes, I would do it a few days before not the day before xx

Yeah healthy, dreading the thought of putti weight on!

xKimmiex said:
Yeah healthy, dreading the thought of putti weight on!

Only natural, but you know you need to look after yourself at that time, so the diet just has to go on hold and you need to be strong so you can get back on it when you feel up to it
Xx

Only having a week off. Have decided :) no chance of having a few weeks odd z

Back