What did it take for you to start?

Pingu6

Gold Member
What were the motivating factors? Are they still as strong? What did it take before you decided to give up on food.

No real 'defining moment' for me.........just woke up one morning and thought enough is enough :eek:

Googled Cambridge Diet, happened upon Exante and this site......and the rest is history! :D

The best thing I've ever done! :)

High blood pressure for me! Into week 8 now total 100% ... but I'm struggling now and currently trying to convince myself why I shouldn't just have something to eat :-(
FB xx

My sister is getting married in May and I do not want to be in a red satin dress the size that I am!
My sister lost 5 stone a couple of years ago on Cambridge and I have tried with WW and gave up because I was thinking about food constantly, what I can and can't have so I went on google and found Exante, tried it and feeling better already!

I had a few... Probably the biggest one was when I was out on New Years eve, and as I was walking home I saw a group of girls and one of them tripped over the kerb and almost fell and I said "easy there love" as I walked past lol, and then one of her mates said "you're too fat to be talking to her" :|

I think that was the biggest thing for me. I still cringe thinking about it.

Ive been awful with my weight since I had little one and my ex used to tell me I was fat and ugly. Always stayed around 11.12 - 12.2 without doing much about it, then quit smoking and was fast approaching 13stone so decided enough was enough. That and being told I was a big girl by some stupid guy a few months ago. Oh and seeing photos of me in a bikini with my son from last summer!

Having 2 40th birthday invitations arriving in the post did it for me.. My social life took a major dive having 2 children and knowing I've got a couple of weekends with friends away celebrating should have made me ecstatic - but it just filled me with dread thinking what am I going to wear and that sinking feeling of almost apologising for my weight to everyone! (silly I know but am always laughing saying still trying to lose the baby weight! 4 yrs on! While sobbing inside!!) - it must have been really on my mind as I dreamt one night I was on Cambridge and next morning found exante and here we are! Feel positive about these celebrations already and I'm only on day 4 :)

AaronCampbell said:
I had a few... Probably the biggest one was when I was out on New Years eve, and as I was walking home I saw a group of girls and one of them tripped over the kerb and almost fell and I said "easy there love" as I walked past lol, and then one of her mates said "you're too fat to be talking to her" :|

She sounds like a terribly stupid young woman. I hope you told her that.

I did cambridge years ago after a friend had great success with it. Over the last 2years I've lost control and then the last 6 months I piled it on and was back to my original weight after I had my son. I couldn't look at myself without feeling physically sick and knew that doing a VLCD was the only way I'd be able to lose it and get my confidence back. I'm about half way there now and feeling a bit like me again for the first time in a long time. My hubby is doing it too and feels fab.

This actually makes me really sad and angry! You were being nice to her. UGH some people are so horrible! She obviosuly has her own "issues" I would actually rather be overweight that a nasty person!

So my "moment" was before christmas on a night out, wearing a big black dress that covered everything. I saw a group of friends out and I literally hid in the corner, I couldn't face them. I was mortified about my weight and felt like they would all be talking about how fat I had become! I now go to the gym with some of these girls!

I knew then and there I wasnt carrying on with the guilt of of over weight. I've said this before but I had lost my "sparkle", that thing that made me ME! Im happy to say over half way to goal and I feel like me again and the sparkle is defo coming back!

I also had highblood pressure and just felt uncomfortable and bloated when i ate food and just felt 'YUK' all the time and i didnt like what i saw in the mirror. My oh loves me what ever i weigh but think you got to love yourself too to be happy and with this diet im getting there.

I realised I would be in serious difficulty if I continued to put on a little weight each year. I was starting to be really achey in the mornings and stiff. I was aware I was starting to waddle not stride out, and my belly was starting to overhang. I am so grateful I found the vlcd I do, which includes weekly treatments so hopefully my skin will retract and I won't need surgery when I've shed 10 stones.

It took me a while to decide what to do. I started doing Paleo (Real food low carb berries not other fruit - like a caveman) and lost a couple of stone. Then I came onto Alizonne so I can get to a good weight faster. I really like it - because if you do what they tell you to do, the results are easy.

Ali

And I cringe reading it. How disgraceful. I bet you wish she'd fell now :D (I do)

how unkind and rude!!:mad:

ive been unhappy with my weight for about 3 years but when i was pregnant with my youngest i ate everything i could get my hands on and ended up gaining 3 stone which made me about 17 stone

ive lost just over 3 stone in the 16 months since he was born but its been taking ages and i tend to comfort eat so my weights always up and down

i want to be able to wear what i want and not worry about how fat i look, also im getting married 1st of sep so want to look awesome in my dress:D

I'm getting married in September...that is my main factor for wanting to do something about my weight but what has made me more determined was actually a friend at work who I was showing some wedding dresses online to. I showed her a lovely dress and she said "you'd look nice in that if you were thin"
I was mortified!!!

Some horrible people out there :(

Goal 1 - get into the 12's by end of week 2
Goal 2 - get into the 11's by end of week 5

I'm getting married in September...that is my main factor for wanting to do something about my weight but what has made me more determined was actually a friend at work who I was showing some wedding dresses online to. I showed her a lovely dress and she said "you'd look nice in that if you were thin"
I was mortified!!!

Some horrible people out there :(

what date are you getting married?

and how unkind of your friend

bb12 said:
what date are you getting married?

and how unkind of your friend

I'm getting married on 26 September in Mexico.....can't wait!!!!
I see yours is on the 1st-are you excited???

Last edited:
No real 'defining moment' for me.........just woke up one morning and thought enough is enough :eek:

Googled Cambridge Diet, happened upon Exante and this site......and the rest is history! :D

The best thing I've ever done! :)

This is almost exactly how it happened with me too. I woke up and decided enough was enough, time to stop messing about with regular diets and to get back on a SERIOUS diet. I was looking up Lipotrim to find out where my nearest supporting pharmacy was when I came across Exante. It ticked every single one of my boxes, so here I am :)

This is almost exactly how it happened with me too. I woke up and decided enough was enough, time to stop messing about with regular diets and to get back on a SERIOUS diet. I was looking up Lipotrim to find out where my nearest supporting pharmacy was when I came across Exante. It ticked every single one of my boxes, so here I am :)

Life is strange sometimes you know! :)

Back