What did you lose in your first week on LT?

my frist day too, easier than i thought. adding sweetners to my shakes, nicer.

going to bed early now to avoid temptation. i notice you and i are the similar height. i am 5 11.5, but weigh bit more at 17 10, 248 lbs,

i am going to do this......have also lost weight on slim world, which i do love but need something different and quick, as i cant be bothered eating and cooking so this will suit me for the time being . lets keep going x

I was originally here two years ago under a different name...Bellyflop...and I lost 19lbs in my first week!! I was 19 stone 3lb at the start of my first lt attempt! I lost almost five stone over 14 weeks and then had loads of family trauma, an very unexpected pregnancy that almost nearly ended in a fatality for me and my baby...we were both very lucky to get out alive...long story....I reacted to all this by doing what I normally do..."stress bingeing" and gained around 2 and a half stone after the birth by eating to try and make myself feel better, lol..anyway here I am 32 weeks after having my gorgeous baby and now on CD, have lost 13lbs this first week from a start of 18st 4lb, very very happy!!!!:D

Well done mamaelle - I start LT today and have a 32 week old son and had like you an extremely traumatic birth that resulted in it being touch and go for him. I too turned to food and weigh more now than 9 months pregnant so I'm hoping LT is going to work for me.
Congratulations on your first week loss with CD - do you prefer CD to LT?

Hi MrsN, Congrats on the baby! Yes, It's fairly unstandable when you go through a major trauma...your vices get you through (or you at least feel they do!) My son was my third baby and third c-section, first child was an overdue 42 wk emergency c-section, 2nd was a breech position and this time I had no choice but a planned c-section...all was ok through pregnancy (except apparent exceptonally huge bag of amni fluid picked up on scans), went for planned c-section at 39 weeks and the consultant cut me and removed water sac, creating a huge vacuum and baby turned and was sucked up right under my ribs and they couldn't get him out as only the arch of his back was visible, he was so coiled up there were no limbs visible to grab him out by and so we had a double crash team called in, (one for him, one for me) finally after two hours from inital cut he was out but very poorly and very battered looking...then I started to deteriorate and had a huge, horryifying bleed and spent in total twelve hours in theatre. After a week in a single bayed hospital ward we came home and I just sat breastfeeding him and bonded and ate and ate and ate some more trying to block out my sad feelings...then at 12 weeks post birth we went back for the debrief with consultant to see a reconstruction of the birth and found out things were so bad that they had only two minutes to get him out when they finally did or else they would have had to decapitate my baby as that was becoming the only way to get him out of me!!!! Very shocking and led me to suffering PTSD and anxiety problems no less and even more bingeing, but we are both here and well and it's time to make a change for the better and slimmer!!!

Sorry the long detailed OT post but that felt good to get out!!:D

Hope you are recovering well, MrsN?! x

P.S. I love CD, even the soup is nice...I remember the LT "soup" with horror!!!

Last edited:
You poor thing thankfully you are both well and by losing the weight you are able to give him the life he may not have got and you will enjoy every min instead of being too tired, all the best and keep posting!!

Many thanks Blodwen!! Things are definately "on the up"....it sometimes take a near miss to really make you appreciate the simple things in life and also make you realise you only have one shot at life so being as good and as healthy both mentally and physically as you can be is paramount!

You're all amazing!

I'm starting today and hoping to loose 7lb in my first week - wish me luck!

Kirstie x

Good luck Kirstie I'm sure you can do it just drink plenty of water!!

Thought I'd put my first week on here now as it was my first WI this morning, I lost 12lbs. Thanks for replying to this tread it really helped me get through the 1st week knowing that I was going to be losing a good few lbs. I could have only dreamed that it would be 12 though :)
All the best to those starting this week, believe me it is worth it!!

Back