What did your LO eat today (weaning)

Rrrrr Jessie she's gorgeous.
Amelia- grace is doing brill, she's 6 and half months old now, on three meals a day , one pudding and four bottles of around 7-8oz. She has last feed at 8.30 and goes to bed for 9 and is sleeping around 11 hours except for last night as she not been well.
How old r all ur babies now and how are they gettin on???

Attachments

• image-3248398362.jpg
    image-3248398362.jpg
    480.2 KB · Views: 52
  • image-3466874589.jpg
    image-3466874589.jpg
    474.5 KB · Views: 64
Amelia really is a little doll, soooo cute!
Teddy is just over 7.5 months now. He's nearly crawling, he can sit up nicely and moves all round the room, can use a spoon when he wants to and never stops saying Dadadadada lol! He's lovely so laid back and sweet. Just gone into 6-9 clothes but they still abit big lol. And still got no hair! x

All your little ones are gorgeous!!

I have a quick question and it's probably been answered already but i will have missed it! What age did you start weaning and when did you know it was the right time? My little boy is only 12 weeks but i'm doing my research in advance as im so clueless!! x

17 weeks is minimum but should be as close to 6 months as you can, I started at about 19 weeks, after HV suggested it when he wanted more milk but kept being sick. You should pretty much stick to fruit and veg before 6 months and definitely no gluten, if baby is ready they should be able to sit well with support and have no tongue thrust (if they arnt ready when you put food in their mouth they will push it back out with their tongue) they go through a big growth spurt around 4 months, and people mistake this for needing food sometimes. Milk should be the most important thing up until a year and baby shouldn't significantly drop any milk until after 9 months. And try to offer milk before food. The calories in milk compared to purée fruit and veg are far more concentrated and balanced so it's really the better for them to just have the extra milk through a growth spurt. I personally never used baby rice as it has real nutrition in and is basically just pure carb to fill the baby up when as I said above milk is the better option. That's why we started with fruits and vegetables straight off as at least they do offer some nutrition. Some people prefer to use baby rice though.
Start with a few teaspoons once a day and then see how you go. You don't need to worry about the whole 'wait three days with each new food' thing though. It's outdated research and you only need to be careful when you introduce a food that has caused allergy in your family (for example it was eggs with us)
After 6 months you can give baby anything except whole nuts (choking) and honey, which can cause botulism as babies under 1 can't digest and process the enzymes in honey. It can make them quite ill.
It can seem complicated but just have fun with it x

All your little ones are gorgeous!!

I have a quick question and it's probably been answered already but i will have missed it! What age did you start weaning and when did you know it was the right time? My little boy is only 12 weeks but i'm doing my research in advance as im so clueless!! x

I started weaning it 10 weeks as had a very hungry baby and was told not to change to hungry baby milk I got lots of advice and support from my hv, but you know when your child is ready. If I could of I would have waited as long as possible, the guidelines are now 6 months. Not all babies can wait til 6 months, I'd do your research and listen to your gut, you know your baby best, hv aren't always right and I wouldn't let people tell you what to do either, the best you can do is listen to the advice, guidelines, peoples experiences and make your decisions, there's no time limit with these things, if your baby is happy and content then just wait as long as you can til 6 months. my lg is 6 months now and going onto finger foods. Good luck :) xx

Thank you both for replying! You are both really helpful and it's appreciated! I don't think my little one will wait until 6 months but we are going to hold off until 18 weeks or so. Nobody had ever mentioned giving the bottle before trying foods and I had not read that anywhere so that is one piece of advice i will definitely be remembering! Thanks!

Oh but can I add my hv did say she could only advise weaning between 17 weeks and 26 weeks but she was happy with what I was doing as in what my lg was having and when, she was never sick, that she wasn't getting any jars etc with her weight x

Just remember guidelines are just that - a guide, they arnt hard and fast rules, they just give you the safest advice to cover their backs. I weaned my oldest at 12 weeks 3 years ago and he hasn't had problems apart the fact he's extremely fussy now x

Just remember guidelines are just that - a guide, they arnt hard and fast rules, they just give you the safest advice to cover their backs. I weaned my oldest at 12 weeks 3 years ago and he hasn't had problems apart the fact he's extremely fussy now x

Ah Jack's fussy in some ways and not others, he doesn't seem to like red or orange food...... And he can goes days hardly eating then days eating tons, drives me crazy I never know if he's going to waste his dinner. He won't eat veg much at ours but loves fruit, yet at mil's every Sunday he has a big plate of 6 veg, potatoes, meat, gravy and yorkshire. He'll also eat fish at mil's but not here. At my mum's he'll eat chips but won't touch them here. Here he loves his pasta n sauce but messes with it at my mum's. So I don't necessarily think he's as much fussy with food as he is about when he'll eat it :) does Jesse eat a variety of foods? x

Ah Jack's fussy in some ways and not others, he doesn't seem to like red or orange food...... And he can goes days hardly eating then days eating tons, drives me crazy I never know if he's going to waste his dinner. He won't eat veg much at ours but loves fruit, yet at mil's every Sunday he has a big plate of 6 veg, potatoes, meat, gravy and yorkshire. He'll also eat fish at mil's but not here. At my mum's he'll eat chips but won't touch them here. Here he loves his pasta n sauce but messes with it at my mum's. So I don't necessarily think he's as much fussy with food as he is about when he'll eat it :) does Jesse eat a variety of foods? x

That is incredibly fussy but probably not that uncommon. I was the same growing up. I didn't touch a vegetable until i was 20/21 and now i love the majority of them! I think it came with not feeling forced to eat them. It was the same with eggs. I used to have toast with everything - it was my potato and veg substitute!

Jesse wont eat at all, veg, eggs, rice, pasta, potato in any form and very fussy with meat.

He lives off beans, cheese, yoghurt, cereal/porridge, milk, fruit, pizza, sausage rolls, toast and either cheese or tuna sandwichs oh and he'll eat ham. Crisps and biscuits, doesn't like chocolate though.
He is being referred to paediatrics because he is very short, hv said even though it doesn't look like he eats much he's having enough variety and he gets multi vitamins too x

I started amelia-grace on hungry milk around 4 and half months and started weaning then too, I started by doing all single veg and fruit purees such as carrot, parsnip, apple etc. I started on one meal a day as well as her 5 hungry milk bottles, when she got used to these favours I then started mixing them to give her more taste.( she much prefers veg to fruit) .
I then went onto breakfast as well as her lunch meal and I gave her baby cereal all diff types and flavours etc to get we used to them.
When she was well established in two meals I went to three an her bottles went to 4 a day which is still ok as she has 7-8oz on each one.
Now I give her
Breakfast and a bottle around 8.30
Dinner and a bottle 12.30
Dinner , pudding ( fromage frais or fruit pot) and bottle 4.30
Snack and bit of juice 6.30-7
Bottle 8.30
Bed at 9
I do all of my meals as homemade as I find this easier and better, I do around 30 at a time and freeze them. Amelia-grace is sixand half months old now and I'm trying her with finger foods and diff meals. This week I tried her with corned beef mash and she loved it, I also did mash, carrot, parsnip and gravy and tuna pasta( which she hated so need to keep tryin as I think it was too lumpy).
She is in 6-9 month clothes now and has one front bottom tooth?

Teddy has no teeth yet!
He wasnt that keen on tuna pasta at first but when I gave it to him like just put it on his tray not mashe or anything he ate loads of it lol! I mashe the left overs up of that pasta and it's in the freezer now so will try him again with it soon x

I tried to blend the tuna pasta but didn't work very well, how else could I try it? And any suggestions of others meals I could now try Amelia with ??

I just give teddy the tuna pasta on his tray and he picks it up and eats it, what iv got in the freezer is mashed up with a potato masher, he's fine with lumps though.
Teddy had salmon mash and broccoli yesterday,
Shepherds/cottage pie
Mild chicken or veg curry
Mild chilli (can always add sour cream to make it mild)
Tuna mash and green veg
Fish pie (cod, mash, cheese sauce and spinach)
Risottos
Casseroles
Scrambles eggs plain or with cheese, ham, tomatoes, mushroom, whatever you want
Lasagne
Spag Bol
Cauliflower and broccoli cheese

She can literally have what you're having asking as its not really salty or processed

Finger foods ted likes
Greenbeans
Carrots
Cheese sticks or grated cheese
Cauliflower and broccoli cheese
Toast with low sugar jam, cream cheese, hummus or just butter,
Pizza (half muffin with tomato purée cheese and veg under grill)
Tuna pasta
Sandwiches (his favourite is hummus sandwich)
Cucumber sticks
Grapes cut in half
Clementines
Peaches
Strawberrys
Ella's or organix snacks
Oatcakes
Rice cakes, (can put toppings on)
Cheerios
Strips of chicken breast
He had an oven chip once but you can do sweetpotato wedges or normal potato or butternut squash
Breadsticks
Waffles with jam
Potato cakes
Bagels
Pitta bread spread with cheese or hummus
cheese on toast

I havnt tries yet but will at some point, veg fingers and fish fingers, potato waffles, those carrot waffles you can get

Also you could do eggy bread or omelette teddy can't have these though

Christmas dinner he just ate 2 yorkshires lol

According to my boyfriend, yorkies are the best part of a Christmas Dinner although growing up, i never had Yorkies except with Roast Beef so you learn something new :)

According to my boyfriend, yorkies are the best part of a Christmas Dinner although growing up, i never had Yorkies except with Roast Beef so you learn something new :)

I know people that think it's weird lol, but in our family when we were kids we had them with every roast because it was the main thing we would eat so iv jus carried it on! I live for the yorkshires lol, prob why I'm on here :p

Being honest, i now love the big yorkies you get where you put all the food and gravy inside... beautiful!! Now I wish i was having that for tea tonight!

Back