What did your LO eat today (weaning)

Hollie is 10 months this week and weighs 19lb now! here's recent pictures of Hollie and Maisie x

Attachments

• SAM_1226.jpg
    SAM_1226.jpg
    781.3 KB · Views: 55
  • SAM_1220.jpg
    SAM_1220.jpg
    698.7 KB · Views: 36
  • SAM_1093.jpg
    SAM_1093.jpg
    846.8 KB · Views: 78
  • SAM_1205.jpg
    SAM_1205.jpg
    604.6 KB · Views: 61
Can't believe how big they're getting! Only seems five minutes ago we were pregnant now it's going to be birthdays in another couple of months!

I work full time. Jack goes to school in September and I'm planning Naomi's 1st birthday already its crazy how quickly they are growing xx

I'm planning teds too lol, well I actually booked his birthday cake before he was born! Me and DH go away beginning of march after we get back it's full planning time!

Teds having 2 tier cake, zero out of nightmare before Christmas, hopefully it's sunny, just gunna do paddling pool in garden, bubble machine, thinking of hiring bouncy castle and doing big BBQ

Has anyone thought of presents yet, only thought of a few, wanna get him a smart trike and a bounce and spin zebra, and thinking of getting a swing set for both of them x

Teds having 2 tier cake, zero out of nightmare before Christmas, hopefully it's sunny, just gunna do paddling pool in garden, bubble machine, thinking of hiring bouncy castle and doing big BBQ

Has anyone thought of presents yet, only thought of a few, wanna get him a smart trike and a bounce and spin zebra, and thinking of getting a swing set for both of them x

thats awesome, zero from the nightmare before christmas :D

hope everyones babba's are well

this is the cake dylan had for his last week, my sister made it, a bit of a mish mash of stars, clouds and mickey mouse lol cake.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1155.jpg
    IMG_1155.jpg
    864.1 KB · Views: 107
Lovely cake your sister did really well! Its definitely going be a Minnie or micky cake for Hollie I like this one - http://icemaidencakes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Minnie-Mouse-Number-1-Birthday-Cake.jpg my grandad always made the children their first birthday cakes in a shape of a 1, so would like to try and find something similar if I can.

Becki, Ted's party sounds fab, especially if you get good weather, would love to do a garden party but it probably be raining in April - so need to brainstorm ideas! In meantime I got Maisie's birthday to plan - only 2 weeks tomorrow! x

I love the look of the zebra for a first birthday present!!!!
Yday Amelia had

8 milk and banana and strawb porridge

12 milk and fingers of toast and yoghurt

4 milk and chicken rice and veg

6.30 sweet corn hoops organic snacks and apple biscotti and juice

7.45 milk

Amelia been going to the toilet a lot these last few days, think she may have slight tummy bug

Well I'm not very popular at the moment so I haven't been on much.

New foods Naomi has tried in the last week or so -

Strawberry hot cross bun with butter
Butternut squash
Those organic carrot sticks which she loves
Cheese - is it ok that she has mature cheddar do you guys think? It's all we eat but not sure if its to strong for her
Cheese spread sandwhich.

Do you guys think I can give her grapes cut in half yet? As she has no teeth? Or can cut in quarters.

Also I'm finding I really don't like the baby jars, but I got shouted down about saying I didn't think they were that good on fb *mad* I'm all for healthy debates or different opinions without falling out with people but a lady totally overreacted today.

I find they look the same coming out the other end as they do going in and I'm starting to think she isn't getting nutrients from them? At the risk of starting another arguement what are your opinions on the jars? x

The trike does look great and will definitely grow with them, so much to choose from.

Tez, you ok hun, sounds like your having a bad day? pm me later if you want.

I try and give Hollie a variety mainly fresh foods but I buy a couple jars each week so on average she might have about 2 per week, I do find jars are good when your first weaning cos of the texture and some babies do prefer them to homemade food but Hollie likes both.
I don't have a lot of time so often make food on the go rather than bulk cook and freeze occasionally if I make extra then i'll freeze them, but she mainly as family meals. I think jar food is a personal choice I'm not keen on fb people take things to personal, and all babies are different so will react differently to certain foods, only you know what's best for Naomi.

For Hollie, breakfast is usually milk and cereal, maybe a yogurt, she tends to have her brekie quite late so lunch is usually finger food like cheese spread on pitta bread, crumpets, fruit, ,yogurt, rice pudding, carrot puffs etc. Then dinner is usually fresh, veg with potato little bit meat/pasta, shepherds pie,cheesy mash, spaghetti bolognaise or jar if I don't have much in or busy then I'll give her a jar. I don't give a big meal at lunch time cos when I have done she hardly drinks much milk through the day.

I'm not keen on grapes so don't them to Hollie, just known too many lo's who's choke on them but she has other fruit instead, if you do want to try Naomi just cut them up small.

Cheese spread is fine, not given Hollie mature cheddar yet, but you could try her as long as the salt isn't high.

Having my own drama at moment my grandads funereal is on Wednesday and still haven't got babysitter for Hollie x

Last edited:
The trike does look great and will definitely grow with them, so much to choose from.

Tez, you ok hun, sounds like your having a bad day? pm me later if you want.

I try and give Hollie a variety mainly fresh foods but I buy a couple jars each week so on average she might have about 2 per week, I do find jars are good when your first weaning cos of the texture and some babies do prefer them to homemade food but Hollie likes both.
I don't have a lot of time so often make food on the go rather than bulk cook and freeze occasionally if I make extra then i'll freeze them, but she mainly as family meals. I think jar food is a personal choice I'm not keen on fb people take things to personal, and all babies are different so will react differently to certain foods, only you know what's best for Naomi.

Breakfast is usually milk and cereal, maybe a yogurt, she tends to have her brekie quite late so lunch is usually finger food like cheese spread on pitta bread, crumpets, fruit, ,yogurt, rice pudding, carrot puffs etc. Then dinner is usually fresh, veg with potato little bit meat/pasta, shepherds pie,cheesy mash, spaghetti bolognaise or jar if I don't have much in or busy then I'll give her a jar. I don't give a big meal at lunch time cos when I have done she hardly drinks much milk through the day.

I'm not keen on grapes so don't them to Hollie, just known too many lo's who's choke on them but she has other fruit instead, if you do want to try Naomi just cut them up small.

Cheese spread is fine, not given Hollie mature cheddar yet, but you could try her as long as the salt isn't high.

Having my own drama at moment my grandads funereal is on Wednesday and still haven't got babysitter for Hollie x

Yeah ok hun just this woman was crazy saying the experts make the jars so why would I know best making my own food - she was ranting about something else but all I asked was how many people use jars for 2 or 3 meals and does it look the same on the way out I'm wondering about the intake of nutrients. Should I be MAKING more time to bulk cook my food, and this woman acted like I'd just given my baby alcohol or something I couldn't understand it and tbh I couldn't even think of what to say to her she was totally overreacting really wound me up. I personally think us making it ourselves is better but I don't think the jars are harmful, I'm just noticing things that make me stop and think 'hold on I have to make more time here' its so hard work having two kids under 3 and working full time but I wouldn't change it. I might have to think about the grapes.

Is there no one who can have Hollie at all? What will you do? Or is it that you only want her with certain people? xx

Well the thing is with Hollie its usually my family who babysits, in laws not even offered! my friends going pick Emily up from school but she said she can't have Hollie, so might ask my other friend next door plus she more familiar for Hollie otherwise OH won't be able to go.

The baby jar thing is ridiculous loads mum's prefer to cook their own foods it is better for them, your entitle to your own opinion especially if you think the jars don't agree with Naomi, everyone's got different views. I don't think its good for babies to only be eating jars but I like the pouches and little pots to jars but I do like the Hipp jars, thy seem better quality and organic. You could make up your own foods for Naomi when your making your own meals just cook a bit extra and freeze them or do bulk cook at the weekend.

What brand of jars do you buy, it could be the brand x

Back