What do CDCs do?

Mrs Pink

Banned
Hi
Can anyone explain what CD Counsellors do with their clients? What do you talk about, how long do you spend with them etc? I am not finding the LL CBT thing very helpful and am tempted to switch.
Thanks!
Mrs P

We weigh, we measure, we listen, we offer advice. We do an initial half hour ish introduction to the diet and how to use it, a health screening etc. We follow up in the first week to check everything is OK. We offer support and advice and regular weigh ins throughout the weeks of weightloss and maintenance.

Business wise we all work a bit differently, some work in groups, some individually, some deliver, I think most don't. Most work from home although some hire halls.

How long someone spends with their CDC is really dependent on the individual. Some people want to stay and talk about non and diet related things, others just want to get weighed get their stuff and go.

I think it varies between counsellors with what they provide to their clients. Some seem really great and I am lucky with mine. I see her once a week, keeps me on the straight and narrow. Each week she will weigh me and I get measured every four weeks. I could get measured every week if I wanted. We spend a bit of time talking about how the week has been and how the diet has been going and even more time gossiping!!!!!!!!!!!! She also has a choice of everything that Cambridge offer. She is very supportive and will keep in touch if she knows I am having a difficult time, either with the diet or personally. She also sent me a lovely bunch of flowers when I reached target. She has said that when I finish CD she wants to see me once a month to keep an eye on things. My appointments can last anything from 10 minutes to half an hour but I know that I could spend longer with her if I needed to. I'm very lucky and I'd like to think that we will remain friends. I couldn't have stuck to CD for as long as I have without her.

I'm sure you'll make the right decision, it's important that you feel comfortable with your counsellor. Not forgetting the wider range of flavours you get with CD!!!

Good luck

Jazzy x

Wow Jazzy, just checked your ticker, you have done well. What an inspiration. Can I ask how long it took? Also, did you have any blips along the way?

As for the CDC question, mine is great, weighs and measures every week. Has a chat about CD and other things. Always willing to answer any questions and carries a full range of stock. Full of hints and tips too.

My CDC is amazing, she is supportive and non judgemental, always there to listen and offer advise where necessary

She also weighs and measures me and does lots of little things to give me a boost ~ she made me a graph for the wall with my target on for the end of the year and each week she fills it in that is very motivational

She also gives me bags of bricks or things to hold to show me just how much weight I have lost

I couldnot have done this so far without my counseller she is an angel

Good luck if you decide to change

Back