what do I wear for an interview?? help pls!!!

missgalaxy

Yummy Mummy! xx
I have got my interview on Thursday, so Im going shopping tommorrow for a new outfit but i have no idea what to wear!

The job is for the local council and its a panel of 3 people so I do realise I need something reasonably smart!!

However, I dont really want to wear a suit (I would look ridiculous lol!!!!) and Im sick of wearing black trousers!!

If anyone has any ideas I would be gratefull!!

Oh..... Im on a small budget as well :D and already have a gorgeous pair of black shoes (shiny) with a little heel - they dont sound smart but they are lovely!

xx

Would you wear a nice skirt? Make sure you just wear a white smart shirt & something lol

It would be best for a suit but if you don't think you'll feel comfortable in it, I'd go for a smart shirt & either trousers/skirt.

Small budget I'd try New Look or just in the supermarkets like Asda do smart shirts for less than £5 (I think)

Email me if you like when's the interview again?

Tesco's have some lovely office-y work clothes that are really not expensive. I'd go for smart trousers or a knee length straight skirt and a slighty fitted blouse or top, one that sits comfortably over the top of the trousers/skirt. The shoes sound really nice, its the sort of thing I'd wear. I always think that as long as you present yourself cleanly, washed hair, clean nails, clean clothes (no holes or stains ;)), appropriate make-up etc. you will be OK. Good luck and let us know how you get on :cross:

You could dress up a lovely summery skirt with a smart blouse and a blazer or suit jacket so to be more of a smart casual suit look as opposed to out and out formal.

Good luck with the interview, let us know how you get on

xxx

I agree with you lot ^^^ ;)

I don't really do skirts, so I usually just wear a pair of smart pants, and a blouse, or a reasonably smart top. I usually wear all black clothing anyway, but sometimes it's nice to bring a bit of colour in. I definitely they'd they'd prefer smart rather than formal. xxx

Whatever you decide on (and there's some good ideas here) try on the outfit, and sit down in front of a mirror while wearing it. That is how they are going to see you for most of the interview - so look at yourself the way that they will see you.

Are you comfortable? Is the skirt riding up? Is anything too tight. Do any buttons gape when you are sitting down? Practise sitting down and standing up. Would you give a job to the person that you can see in the mirror?

Whatever you decide on (and there's some good ideas here) try on the outfit, and sit down in front of a mirror while wearing it. That is how they are going to see you for most of the interview - so look at yourself the way that they will see you.

Are you comfortable? Is the skirt riding up? Is anything too tight. Do any buttons gape when you are sitting down? Practise sitting down and standing up. Would you give a job to the person that you can see in the mirror?

Excellent point.

Back