What to wear... Wedding help!

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by LornaGrace, 2 August 2011 Social URL.

1. LornaGrace

LornaGrace Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi, Im going to a wedding at the end of august. really stuck on what to wear...
    I found this and cant believe its only £14!!!

Do you think its too revealing, shoulders showing etc, I could get a small cardi. wat about colour, is it too drab and dull for an august wedding? and what colour shoes would you put with it?

Opinions please!

Thankyou :)

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Katesands8

Katesands8 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.63%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Pro Points
    If the weather is warm enough I think it's perfect! Again depending on weather you could use a shawl/wrap. As for shoes maybe try and match the beading, can't quite see the colour gunmetal? silver? Match your shoes and bag with a silvery shawl/wrap and I think you'll be perfect!

4. kingleds

kingleds Gold Member

Diet:
    SW all the way
    Its a lovely dress, not too revealing, but personally I'd want it in a bright colour - thats just personal preference though as that nude/peach colour does not suit me - its very on trend though, so if you have the skin tone to pull it off, go for it.

Shoes & accessories wise I haven't got a clue - can you buy the ones that are pictured with the dress?

5. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Wow that dress is beautiful, I'd put either orange type colours with it or if that's too bright for you how about brown colours.

6. LornaGrace

LornaGrace Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for your replies.

Think ill have a look round for a shawl. I have just returned from holiday, so hoping my slight tan will look ok with the nude colour.

not seen any shoes like these, but ill have a proper look when im home!
    Orange may be good, make the outfit a bit brighter.

Are shoulders showing ok then? iv not been to a wedding before, not sure if there is any thing i should/shouldnt do/wear.

Thanks x

7. kingleds

kingleds Gold Member

Diet:
    SW all the way
    General rules for wedding clothes are not too much flesh, but a strapless dress is fine and don't wear white or ivory. Some people say green is bad luck.

I went ot a very posh wedding a few weeks ago and someone turned up in a very short playsuit from Primark. I kid you not....

8. LornaGrace

LornaGrace Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    :eek: haha there is always one!

9. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    107kg
    Current Weight:
    85kg
    Goal Weight:
    79kg
    Lost(%):
    22kg(20.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I love it. It is delightful .

Coral would be lovely with it. A bit softer than orange.

[​IMG]

These shoes are from Monsoon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These shrugs could do it.

10. Shirleen

Shirleen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(2.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You could buy some sheer organza fabric in a gold colour with a shimmer. (John Lewis is best bet) hem the ends and keep it together in front with a scarf ring would be like a shawl but without the hassle of it slipping, shawls are a bugger to wear I think.
    You can make a fab flower from organza too, simply cut several circles in different sizes, pass the edges through a candle flame, then layer largest to smallest on top, sew some small beads into the centre or even a pretty button. Attach to a hair clip or hair band and you could even put a few smaller ones on a cheap plain clutch so you look like you spent a fortune on matching accessories!

11. LornaGrace

LornaGrace Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Love those Shoes fillymum! what a gorgeous summery colour.

Thanks for all these ideas, looks like im going to be busy! need a trip to meadowhall shopping centre, and maybe sheffield!

xxx

12. NiaX

NiaX Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I love that dress, you can't go wrong for £14!

If the wedding is in a church, I'd recommend you cover your shoulders for the service but other than that I think this is perfect :)

Silver or soft pink shades would be nice.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.