What do you all have for breakfast?

AmandaC

Hi,
I am getting so bored of 2 x Weetabix and milk for my brekkie.
I've tried 28g of Alpen, but its such a small amount I'd be starving in no time, lol.
What can I have thats quick and easy as I rush to get ready for work?
Thanks in advance
A x

If you're going down the cereal route for brekkie you have to pad it out with fruit. Nanas work really well. Save your HEXa of milk and use a vanilla muller light or any flavour you like the best on top of your cereal, it will fill you up more and you can have your cups of tea at work without worrying about your milk allowance.

I normally have 2 mullers and 2 nanas chopped up in a bowl for my brekkie, cos I like to save my HEXbs for lunch (usually bread) and dinner (usually chips)

If you fancy a change from Weetabix you can get Weetabix Crunchy Bran. it's really very tasty and you can have 42g of it as opposed to 28g of every other cereal.

melon bowls are also really good, if you MUST have a museli choose Dorset Cereals, they are more filling than regular Alpen, their Super Fibre one is so very tasty and 28g is a HE. Chop a Galia melon in half, mix museli with muller, put in the Galia melon pips hole after you scoop the pips out. Nom nom nom.

Weekends, ooooh you're in for a treat, you get to have your SW fry up! :D

i sometimes make an onlette with tomatos and mushrooms the night before simple 5 min job put it in a lunch box and take with me to work and heat up.

fruit salad and a muller light yog

cheese on toast (HEX A+B)

Bran flakes and friut

If im off i have syn free pancakes with fruit and 1tbsp golden syrup (2.0)
or this can again be made night before and just add whatever u like to them warmed up in the morning! :)

I have fruit and yogurt. Its completely free so you dont have to use your HE and you can have as much as you like. Its something that you can have more or less prepared the night before, just shove the yogurt on when you are ready, or it doesnt take too long to prepare in the morning depending on what fruit you have.
I usually just have strawberries and raspberries with a vanilla muller light!!! YUMMY!!!!

I have also been known to cook a whole pack of Morrisons Eat Smart pork sausages in the oven, fridge them and take them to work with my white nimble (CRY, I CAN'T FIND IT ANYWHERE ANYMORE) and have a cold sausage butty for breakfast.

Nukeing them dries them up though, I found that out to my chagrin once.

i usually have 1 weetabix with a shape yoghurt on instead on milk topped with chopped strawberrys, banana and apple. then i can still have 1 peice of bread at some point if i want

I try to vary my breakfasts so I don't get bored-

Weetabix with chopped banana
Syn free sausages, bacon and hard boiled egg (I make this the night before and put in a tupperware tub as I don't have time in the morning)
Syn free pancakes with 'cream' (greek 0% yog flavoured) and fresh fruit
Toast and beans (only for the weekend)
Toast and scrambled egg (again this would only be at the weekend)
Omlette

I vary from the weetabix crunchy with fruit and yogurt to quorn sausages, egg, beans, tatties, mushrooms, tomato like a fry up on a green day without bacon from hex as save that for main meal or I have boiled eggs and toast with fruit and yogurt

You can't beat a lovely boiled egg! If in a mega hurry I take them to work and eat them like apples - I have mine hard boiled, I don't think it would be so nice runny!! If at home I love having scrambled eggs with Sliced seasoned tomato with ham and spring onions - yum yum x

An Alpen bar (save the other for mid afternoon) and a piece of fruit, possibly a yoghurt.

At weekends I have just fruit and yoghurt, as I have time to prep a nice bowl full.

This morning I had melon with an apple and sultana alpen light chopped into bits topped with a vanilla/choccie muller light, very yummy and surprisingly filling:D

at the moment i am cutting up melon and having it with mueller light yum

Like you I often have weetabix as I'm rushing around like a nutter, usually after my toddler! Sometimes I have Ready Brek, with sliced banana, although 28g doesnt seem much, with banana it pads it out & fills me up ok. I have also been known to eat cous cous for breakfast! (I know, bleugh) lol! I'm working on a cous cous loaf of "bread", but so far, even our hens have turned their noses up at it so it must be bad...! :D

I always have bran flakes 28grammes:rolleyes:

some days with milk
somedays with milk and sliced banana
some days I crush it up and have it with yougurt

I make myself a fruit smoothie, I put strawberries (X10), a banana, a muller light yogurt and a dessert spoon of 0% total greek into a blender results in a beautiful tasting syn free breakfast!

Back