What do you do when your feeling down ?

Wee Doll

Silver Member
to cheer yourself up

havin a bit of a rubbish time with my OH recently and jus seems like everything is passing me by ....

i lost my job 5 weeks ago ... ( second time this year ) all my friends have got pretty good jobs and also good realtionships, one of my best friends for engaged last night

Im stuck living at home again now ( well with my granny which is where i grew up )

everything is getting on top of me and the only thing that is really keeping me semi positive is the thought that i might jus be able to get a pair of size 10 jeans on in time for christmas

Need to cheer myself up, i used to buy shoes to make me happy but i cant do that now.... so im looking for low budget low syns way to cheer myself up :(

Ah sorry to hear things are a bit poo atm. i know EXACTLY what you mean. Oh and i are having a few ''issues'' which is putting a damper on things..

and everyone else is either having babys or getting married before me.. and it gets me down too.
work is really full on and whilst i love my job iv been working over my job role for weeks now without any real recognition for it.
.. and then iv gone and agreed to take on even more responsibility and to be honest, all im thinking is ''im knackered and i have no time as it is!'' but feel i have to make the most of the fact i do have a job.

im not really sure what i can suggest, im finding giving myself projects its helping. Im currently making lots of lists and planning xmas pressies, and will be making alot of them so thats keeeping me busy at the mo.. distracting me if you will! and im channelling all my emotion into motivation to keep going WL wise!

xx hugs to you xx

Sorry your feeling this way. :(

You need to keep your mind busy and give you something to do. How about studying something new? It gives you something to look forward to.

I play a particular online pc game and it kills hours of time especially when im bored and i used to turn to food :giggle: only problem is its addictive!

Things will get better :) They always do, it just takes time :)

((hugs))

thanks .... im in the same boat as you with the everyone is gettin married before me view to things .... they are .... my oh is in his last year of uni and is a year younger than i am

I have a nearly 6yr old daughter from my previous realtionship, in 3 weeks time we will have been together for 3 years and everything was great untill all my friends moved in with their partners and got engaged got promotions .... what i got was grief from my boss. lost my job used my saving to stay afloat an grief from my other half

motivation is zero .. which isnt like me at all .... im the loud happy one who is always happy and positive .... but when ya feel like the world is against ya its hard to stay positive.

its my daughters 6th bday on the 14th of december and she wants a party for her and her school class mates, a themed party and i cant say no as she has never asked for one before and is having a hard time at school at the minute with other kids bullying her :( i dont want to let her down

i then have christmas to deal with and no job and very little savings now

so for all that is wrong im still trying to find the silver lining and hope for something positive

ive went for countless amounts of interviews and im getting nowhere

Sorry your feeling this way. :(

You need to keep your mind busy and give you something to do. How about studying something new? It gives you something to look forward to.

I play a particular online pc game and it kills hours of time especially when im bored and i used to turn to food :giggle: only problem is its addictive!

Things will get better :) They always do, it just takes time :)

((hugs))

im studying for my theory test atm and then my driving test and im starting a community development course so i can become a youth worker .. other than that i dont know what else to study lol

I have a problem with keeping things on and sticking to them ... after a while i get fed up and move on lol

so far ive been

a vet nurse
inbound bt call center advisor
outbound telesales person
PA
Receptionist
promoter for clubs and pubs
dancer
retails sales person
catering staff
babysitter
kids talent scout
Dance instructor

all this is in the last 5 years bear in mind

as bad as that sounds i do make sure i get the most out of what i do and i learn as much as possible from then environment around me

:giggle: Sounds like me. In September i was enrolled onto 3 different courses, 2 at uni level and 1 GCSE all because i was bored! Only doing 2 now! :)

Sorry to hear you're having a naff time of things. It'll pick up at some point.

I wont bore you with the details but i'm in a similar situation, lost job, my relationship totally broke down, I generally feel low and to be honest a bit worthless. It does grind you down.

Sometimes I feel I have nothing in life and nothing to look forward too. Other days I pull myself from the brink and try to look at what I do have left.

It'll be a bit of a rollercoaster ride but you'll get to the end of it. Just know you have family and friends, your daughter will always love you no matter what and money doesn't buy happiness.

I fall off the wagon at times but find that making the most of my time with my children, enjoying the simple things and nights under the duvet with a film and an options drink help a bit.

Other than that I can't say much. No one knows your pain as they aren't you. Give yourself a break, you're not super woman!

oh I am sorry your feeling down too :( ((((((hug))))))

All I was going to add, is there anything you could possibly sell on ebay for a little extra income?? It might help towards the cost of your daughters party or maybe a few little bits for xmas?

I have recently gotton into it, sold loads of my old clothes (big clothes :D) and also lots of my daughters old things bundled up & have managed to bring in a fair amount, so that mighht be a help. It will also give you something to do, listing! haha x

i was going to suggest ebay to sell a few bits also to get pressies 4 ur daughter. Last xmas we went to the church bazaars & got all our pressies there 4 50p & £1 and that was for tomy activity table & thomas things worth a try x

and everyone else is either having babys or getting married before me.. and it gets me down too.

I totally agree with the baby thing, my problem is that out of my main social group of 7 couples, we're the only ones without a child or a baby on the way. This doens't bother me at all, what does bother me is that my other half is now broody and wants a baby. I don't. When we met we discussed kids and we both said we didn't want them ever. Eight years on, I still feel like that, he doesn't. It causes stress.

My advise for when you're feeling down is to think about the good things, and the things you love. For me this is my friends, my bf, my bunnies and my puddy cats. The bunnies and the cats are great as they can't protest when I hug them, or cry on their head and make them soggy. :D

sorry to hear you feeling down, sometimes life throws **** as us like this.

After the year i have had, i look at life differently, cancer crept into my life and now things are different.

when i feel down or stressed, i think about the things in life that make me happy, i have my health and i have tomorrow, which i lot of people dont have and would give anything to have.

try to focus on the positive, little things can help, such as a cuddle of someone you love or walking the dogs on crisp autumn morning.or even i cuddle my doggie lol

keep your chin up, things will swing around and you will be just fine. let us know how your feeling today x

didnt want to read and run.

I think being positive when a lot of things are not going great is really hard....but you have to pick yourself up and dust yourself down.

You will get through the rough patch and look back and remember you have coped.....and it will all seem much easier.

Sending you a cyber hug!! xxx

I think the worst thing you can do is try and find a comfort at a time like this such as food or more time on trivial things.

Are you good at crafts? You could make things to sell on Etsy.com.
If you're concerned about jobs then just get yourself out there, send cvs/cover letters to offices and the such like, many of them will never advertise job openings even if they have them.
If you're doing driving lessons etc. then perhaps a delivery job as a little money maker when you pass.

I hope this didn't come off as cold, just would be great for you to find something to make xmas and your wee one's birthday a little more manageable.

Aww hun, life isn't good to you just now. Treat yourself to a hot bubble bath with candles and a magazine or a trashy novel. I love to snuggle under a duvet watching a dvd with my son, just holding him cheers me up. To stop yourself binging try something to occupy your mind. I do cross stitch, try an on line computer game to pass the time. Could you do a themed party for your daughter at home? Maybe a make up party, or have a disco at home, little glitter balls arent too expensive. ^ yr olds are still young enough to enjoy party games. It is tough when money is tight and so close to xmas ( my sons birthday is 10th January) so we are going to face the same problem in a few years.
Hope you feel happier soon

thanks everyone .... you know what a make up party is prob a really good idea .... all the girls can come to my house and get their hair and make up done ( i done a make up artist course a few years ago so im quite good with make up :)

im actually very excited now :)

thanks everyone ... feeling a whole lot better

oh and the OH said sorry and wants to take me out for dinner on wednesday ( sakura - japanese place that does great sushi )

so im feeling a good bit better ... jus need to get a job sorted, there is a job going near me in the PDSA for a receptionist, im more than qualified for the job as i know alot about veterinary stuff and the drugs etc etc so i hope i get it and the money starts on 20k so that would be really great so fingers crossed i can do with the luck lol

xxxx

Glad things are on the up Wee Doll...

....for everyone else in this thread who isn't have the best of times, don't forget that it will all be ok in the end. If it isn't ok, it isn't the end :)

P.S. If you market yourself properly you could make a fair bit of moolah over the Christmas period doing party make up and the like. This is my busiest season. Just make sure you are insured or things could go from bad to worse xx

Glad things are on the up Wee Doll...

....for everyone else in this thread who isn't have the best of times, don't forget that it will all be ok in the end. If it isn't ok, it isn't the end

I always try to keep to this mantra!

Things aren't too great for myself either, I've still not managed to secure a permanent teaching post and although my supply work can get busy at times and I'm getting a good reputation with the agency and the schools I go into, it's not the same as having my own class :( With Christmas looming I'm getting more and more down in the dumps - when I had a job before I quit to do my training money wasn't too much of an issue and I managed buying presents etc but this year it's going to be difficult as the money I earn is just enough to cover bills and doesn't leave much for anything else.

However, I'm trying to keep positive - I'm very lucky I have a lovely supportive OH and family who are keeping me going. Four teaching jobs have popped up and I'm going to spend today (looks like I have no supply today!) putting a good effort into my applications.

Keep positive everyone xxx

good luck Sarah xxxx

Back